Moparts

Curt George Memorial Race

Posted By: B G Racing

Curt George Memorial Race - 08/18/13 11:46 PM

We just got home and want to thank everyone who supported and attended the event.It was a great weekend spent with a great group of people(the best).The weather was super and the track was hooking.We can't wait till next year for the 10th annual event.
Again,thanks everyone.
Respectfully Bob George and all at BGR.
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 12:29 AM

Bob glad to hear you had great weather and a good turnout. Wish I lived closer. Would like to met you in person and race with you and your friends. Jim
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 12:35 AM

Quote:

We just got home and want to thank everyone who supported and attended the event.It was a great weekend spent with a great group of people(the best).The weather was super and the track was hooking.We can't wait till next year for the 10th annual event.
Again,thanks everyone.

Thank you Bob for putting on an awesome show this weekend. This was one of the most relaxing race weekend we have had in the evening. This weekend Chasity and George won some money. Melissa made it to 4th round Saturday. Then in the Gamblers race she had the honor of racing your Man AJ. Check this out she dialed in at 11.41 ran a 11.4082. See you next year. Everyone needs to attend the race next year it was a awesome weekend of racing.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 12:49 AM

What a weekend!

Thanks for the race!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 12:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Again,thanks everyone.

Thank you Bob for putting on an awesome show this weekend. This was one of the most relaxing race weekend we have had in the evening. This weekend Chasity and George won some money. Melissa made it to 4th round Saturday. Then in the Gamblers race she had the honor of racing your Man AJ. Check this out she dialed in at 11.41 ran a 11.4082. See you next year. Everyone needs to attend the race next year it was a awesome weekend of racing.

It was also a weekend of seeing old friend's and meeting new ones, bit of a working weekend for me,,but thats another post, loved the track it was clean,well kept and the folks that ran the show were very cordial and were there to help in any way, not only did I walk down and shake hands with BG and thank him for the show I also went to the starting line and thanked the emplyee's that ran the burnout box and the starting line itself for the job they did, it wasn't with out a glitch or two but all new events have their hickup's,,,as I told BG, I will be back next year.
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 01:27 AM

Hey guys would like to Thank all those who help support the race. Was a good turn out for a new location. Need to keep it going there. track was working in an awesome form this weekend. Anyone aware of pictures from the weekend?? Would like to see some from the event. Made some great new friends & enjoyed the company of some old ones as well. See everyone at Norwalk in September.
Thank You, Carrie & Ken Michalik
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 01:36 AM

Bob we had a fantastic time this weekend and THANKS for getting this put on once again this year and lets hope we can continue the race in the memory of Curt Most everyone I talked to said it was great and they will be back

I know this was a first for Quaker and have to say they did a fine job. The staff at the track were vary friendly and supportive for all the racers from my view point and the facilty is pretty nice and looks like they are going to continue to improve it.

The car count could have been better and I am surprised at some of the people I DID NOT SEE there Not sure what kept them away but they need to continue to support this great event event though it had to be moved from PRP. Also need to get the word out a little better next year with all of the details of this great event.

Thanks Bob and all the misfits from out at the "Hog Pen"

Russ
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 01:39 AM

Bob, Kathy and I once again send you our thanks. We had a great time and look forward to next to year already. I will better prepared for "bracket" racing. BTW where did you post the qualifying sheet for Stock?
Posted By: 99yellaR/T

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 01:53 AM

what a great way to spend the weekend with my son and my dad!thanks for such a nice event looking forward to the next one
Posted By: dvw

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 02:11 AM

This is the track where I first met Curt and George.I had Curt's spirit ridding shotgun with me all weekend. had a great time. Many people missed a great event.
Doug
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 02:44 AM

Quote:

Anyone aware of pictures from the weekend?? Would like to see some from the event.

There was a photog on the starting line but don't know if he was a hired photographer or private individual, I took a few when I had the chance but was short on time most of the weekend, I will post later this week.
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 02:57 AM

Had a great weekend, thanks again Mr George. You guys never disappoint.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 03:18 AM

Wish I could have made it Bob...unfortunately truck issues and some small problems with the Arrow kept me home...
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 06:34 AM

What a weekend! Great weather, great track and great friends.

My family has been through a lot the past two months, so making this race for us was quite an undertaking which we couldn't have done without the encouragement of our racing family.
My mother loved racing and all of you who we race with. But after her passing there was great question whether we would be racing at all this year or next for that matter.

Mom just thought the world of Curt so there couldn't be a more fitting race to attend than the race bearing Curt’s name. So I can't thank Bob enough for shearing the memory of Curt with my mother Jean this weekend. I know she and Curt were both watching over us. Then to top of off at the end of the day Danny Smith dedicated his Hemi win to mom. There are no words that I can say that would express how much everyone's kind words meant to my family and I this weekend. Thank you so much, you have no idea how healing it is. God Bless you all.

As for Quaker City. They ran awesome race, the track prep was excellent, the facility was superb and clean, the employees were all very nice and accommodating, they kept the race moving but not at the risk of our safety, if they saw a car even wisp smoke they were out checking the track to make sure the surface was safe.

I also want to thank Bob for putting this race together along with Norm Fox the owner of QC and all the sponsors. They had one entry with full pay out both Saturday and Sunday, you can’t ask for much more than that.

If you missed this race this year you need to make sure it's on your schedule next year.

Thanks
Posted By: Palindrome Cuda

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 10:12 AM

What a great event Bob we had a blast,I may have lost my driving job.The track was great (hey starting out the morning with free coffee and donuts will get you moving !! ) But more importantly everyone had a safe day. Thanks B G
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 12:02 PM

Quote:

The car count could have been better and I am surprised at some of the people I DID NOT SEE there Not sure what kept them away but they need to continue to support this great event event though it had to be moved from PRP. Also need to get the word out a little better next year with all of the details of this great event.

I know there were about two dozen Mopars at PRP this last weekend. Six in our group alone.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 12:07 PM

Glad everyone had a great time!! I tell ya...If we were closer this would be a must attend event!!
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 01:09 PM

We really wanted to get there, but I haven't been feeling well, Kyle has been working his tooch off, and Ronnie had a family commitment. Besides, my stuff wasn't really ready. We ran a test & tune with Kyle driving Friday night, and it's close, but still not quite ready to race.

We'll be there next year, God Willing. Glad everything went well...
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 03:37 PM

Had a great time as always! Probablly my facorite race of the year!!

Thanks again Bob and everyone else involved!!

Casey
Posted By: Frito

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 04:02 PM

I got a call from "Squeek" a few minutes ago. He said they had a ball at this race and wining "Hemi" on Sunday was frosting on the cake. BTW, he said they dedicated the win to Jean Davis!

Attached picture 7819558-squeak&Danny.jpg
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 05:11 PM

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves this weekend. We saw a lot of old friends and met many more. The event ran very smooth with only a few minor delays. The staff at QCMP did a great job. The track was hooking hard, the 65 was back to hanging the fronts high on every pass and the 60' only varied .012 in 26 passes on the weekend. The car was on a string but couldn't put a big W up. Two runners-up in the hemi class and made it to 6 cars in pro on Sunday before bowing out with -.002 red light.

I want to say a special thanks to the sponsors and to Bob for giving me and my dad the opportunity to drive his cars.

The event will continue to grow. All of the payouts on the flyer were paid out in full for both days.

Congrats to all the winners this past weekend.

We are already working on plans for next years race to make it even better.

Lastly I just have to say big wheelies are fun!!!
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 09:22 PM

It sure was a good race, had a really good time. Thanks to BG Racing for putting it on, seems wherever BG is involved good things usually happen. First time for me at the Quaker track, it's a nice track, pit is excellent, track good and smooth, burnout box deal was odd the first time, but really works fine. Never knew Curt, heard about him quite a bit, I'd say that apple didnt fall far from the tree. I'll be going back.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/19/13 11:52 PM

I had plan'ed on going. I wanted to go.. But Friday night I look at the slicks and they was gone.could not get a set that quick. Hopefully next year we will know the dates on this race early. so I can get time off to go all 3 days. I did go out to the local track and watch I wore my Bob George T-shirt.

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 12:16 AM

What more can be said,it was a great but emotional weekend for our family and the Davis family.That everyone shared their feelings for Curt and Jean and the wonderful support they provided only goes to furthur bond the solid relationship between the racers and people who attended.Some of the comments that were shared brought tears to many with the heartfelt sincerity of actions like the dedicating of Hemi Class win to Jean Davis and Doug (dvw)remembering Curt and feeling Curt's presence with him on every pass.
We are honored and humbled to be surrounded with so many great people and feel they are all part of the family and again we want to express our respect and appreciation to everyone.We also want to thank Norm Fox and his entire crew for a great track and their hospitality for the weekend.
Respectfully Bob George and the entire BGR crew.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 02:26 AM

This was our first trip to Quaker City and I was very impressed with the track. It has to be one of nicest and cleanest tracks I've seen. They have electric plugins all over so you don't have to listen to 100 generators wailing away & Donuts and Coffee every morning is a big plus too.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 02:44 AM

great time with our Pa. family ( Bob and the misfits) really good facility well run as advertised, no surprises,very pleasant track personel, track well prepped and hooked well, made semi's Saturday, all good tite racing, ran out of luck Sunday, wasn't my day. great time and would not miss this event, Thanks Bobbie for everything! what a way for us to celebrate 30 years of marriage! Kay said it was better than a cruise! Big Dog and Special K

Attached picture 7820380-7342788-LarrySmith(2).jpg
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 11:40 AM

Sorry I didn't make it out Bob, really wanted to and needed a race weekend. However I had a project going on here and a family commitment that negated any fun time.

All I can say is it sounded like a success and I'll try my best again to make it next year
Hope it's at Quaker again
Posted By: Dave@BGR

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 04:10 PM

Here are some pics from the BGR Crew! Thanks to Roman and Alina for being the photographers this weekend.

Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 04:37 PM

Nice pics Dave. Tell the kids thank you.

I can't wait to see the videos of the 65!!!

Thanks again for the sweet pics and good job on the runner up Saturday.
Posted By: Dave@BGR

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 05:33 PM

Thanks AJ! Congrats on your runner ups also.....it was nice to see multiple BG racers in the final rounds of Hemi, Super Pro and Pro. I have a lot more good pics(like the one below)of you and your dad. I'll get them organized and I'll send you a link.

Dave

Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 06:39 PM

Very good pics. That track looks really nice as well.
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/20/13 11:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone aware of pictures from the weekend?? Would like to see some from the event.

There was a photog on the starting line but don't know if he was a hired photographer or private individual, I took a few when I had the chance but was short on time most of the weekend, I will post later this week.

Try going here Quaker City has about 300 pictures on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quaker-City-Motorsports-Park/167168086667881?hc_location=stream

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/21/13 11:30 AM

Thanks Roman and Alina for the great pictures,and thanks again to everyone for the support.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/22/13 05:45 AM

Quote:

I got a call from "Squeek" a few minutes ago. He said they had a ball at this race and wining "Hemi" on Sunday was frosting on the cake. BTW, he said they dedicated the win to Jean Davis!

Frito,
Thank you for posting this. We can't thank them enough for dedicating their win to mom.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/22/13 05:16 PM

Here is a link to a thread that Michael Beard put up on Class Racer.
http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=48893

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/25/13 06:45 PM

Quote:

Here is a link to a thread that Michael Beard put up on Class Racer.
http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=48893

Well it must be a trend,we see many class racers showing up at bracket races.I still think that class racing is getting too costly for the adverage racer.We welcome them at any event.For a "common bracket racer to have a chance to spank a accomplished class racer is like icing on the cake.
Posted By: jdfpam

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 08/29/13 06:06 AM

Casey-Whompin Wedge........I wonder why it was your favorite weekend of the year?

Maybe because you went what 9-1 on the weekend?

Great job.

Are you coming to Magnolia on September 8th for the Buckeye race?

Jeff Day
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 09/03/13 02:32 PM

Haha yea Jeff that definitely helps, but it is just a fun race. Lots of racing, great people, and free donuts and coffee every morning!

Thanks again for the effort that was put into this race bgr!

Magnolia will be a no go for us, the heads are off the car getting redone.

Hoping for Norwalk!

Casey

Re: Curt George Memorial Race - 09/03/13 03:21 PM

Thanks again to all the racers and fans that attended.It's always great to see everyone and have a great racing weekend.Casey it was great talking with you and your dad and glad you had a good weekend racing.This race is getting better every year and becomming a "must attend event" for the Mopar familys.
© 2024 Moparts Forums