Moparts

boost reference fuel pressure regulators ????????????* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Posted By: all spooled up

boost reference fuel pressure regulators ????????????* *DELETED* *DELETED* - 08/11/13 10:00 PM

Post deleted by itsallgood
Posted By: Crizila

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/11/13 10:04 PM

Look at the fuel press gauge. It should be reading boost plus what ever you set the fuel pressure at at idle ( no boost ). I have used an in car camera so I can see the boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge at the same time.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/11/13 10:10 PM

Another way to do it is make a pass and look at the boost gauge going through the lights. Make another pass and look at the fuel press gauge going through the lights. If you are running 15 lbs of boost and you set the fuel press a 7 lbs at idle, your fuel pressure gauge should be reading 22 lbs going through the lights. Make sure your boost reference line is large enough. Think I use a -4 line.

Attached picture 7810591-blrmtr2.jpg

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? *DELETED* - 08/11/13 10:22 PM

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/11/13 10:31 PM

Quote:

on the trans brake i here the turbos wine but the fuel pressure stays the same and the car shuts off

You have issues then... make sure of the line going
to the regulator is working... all its doing is supplying
pressure on the back of the diaphragm to assist the spring

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? *DELETED* - 08/11/13 10:51 PM

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 01:22 AM

this time with the line off the carb hat fuel pump on blow some compressed air bye the line fuel pressure raised up 10 # so it sounds like it works vacumn lines to small
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 01:33 AM

Quote:

this time with the line off the carb hat fuel pump on blow some compressed air bye the line fuel pressure raised up 10 # so it sounds like it works vacumn lines to small

Even a small line should react.. just slower to respond

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 02:16 AM

ok thanks
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 03:37 AM

What is the source of boost to the regulator? Is it above the throtlle plates or below?
Posted By: ahy

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 04:05 AM

Quote:

What is the source of boost to the regulator? Is it above the throtlle plates or below?

The boost reference should be what the injectors are seeing inside the manifold (assuming they are in the manifold). Manifold pressure - below the throttle plates.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 01:18 PM

Quote:

the source is above the tp off the carb hat like crizila posted pic

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 01:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The boost reference should be what the injectors are seeing inside the manifold (assuming they are in the manifold). Manifold pressure - below the throttle plates.

this is a blow thu carb setup
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/12/13 05:17 PM

In the hat, above the throttle blades. Go to youtube,fuel pressure on the left. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVlmtgYb72U
Posted By: ahy

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 01:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Carb application... I assumed FI. Comment above not applicable!
Posted By: dizuster

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 01:49 PM

You said that you can "hear" the turbos on the trans brake, but is it making boost?

My turbo will make LOTS of noise well before I actually see the boost gauge move.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 02:56 PM

canot get in to boost on the t brake just as the gauge gets to about o boost the car dies.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 05:20 PM

It sounds to me like somethting else is wrong besides the regulator. Even if the fuel pressure regulator wasn't working, you will still get some fuel flow to the bowls even if the regulator doesn't increase with boost. It would still have nearly full fuel flow at 0psi of boost.

Do you have an A/F meter on it? Does it go fat or lean? Is it possible the spark table is screwed up causing it to do something funny when it gets to 0psi?

Are you stomping the pedal on the brake and it dies, or are you easing into it and it dies? If I stomp mine, it bogs and doesn't really recover at all, I need to foot brake it a little before getting on the brake.
Posted By: furious70

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 07:03 PM

Quote:

You said that you can "hear" the turbos on the trans brake, but is it making boost?

My turbo will make LOTS of noise well before I actually see the boost gauge move.

x2 on that. Mine sounds like a jet on the tarmac before the gauge dips into boost, if you didn't have the gauge you'd swear it was boosting.
I'm EFI, but I have a tiny vac line behind the throttle blades for mine and it idles down the fuel psi under vac and goes 1:1 up when into boost. The reference line size wasn't an issue for me at least. I temporarily removed my under hood gauge and put it on the end of the 3' braided line tucked under my wiper arm to verify things were kosher.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 07:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

x2 on that. Mine sounds like a jet on the tarmac before the gauge dips into boost, if you didn't have the gauge you'd swear it was boosting.
I'm EFI, but I have a tiny vac line behind the throttle blades for mine and it idles down the fuel psi under vac and goes 1:1 up when into boost. The reference line size wasn't an issue for me at least. I temporarily removed my under hood gauge and put it on the end of the 3' braided line tucked under my wiper arm to verify things were kosher.

A little bit different with a blower. Boost is immediate. Fuel pressure rise better be immediate - along with your water injection if it is signaled by boost pressure. Same thing on the other end with your dump valve. It better open as soon as the throttle blades close.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 09:31 PM

Quote:

It sounds to me like somethting else is wrong besides the regulator. Even if the fuel pressure regulator wasn't working, you will still get some fuel flow to the bowls even if the regulator doesn't increase with boost. It would still have nearly full fuel flow at 0psi of boost.

Do you have an A/F meter on it? ' innovate motorsports lc-1
Does it go fat or lean? ' 11.2 ' Is it possible the spark table is screwed up causing it to do something funny when it gets to 0psi?

Are you stomping the pedal on the brake and it dies, or are you easing into it and it dies? If I stomp mine, it bogs and doesn't really recover at all, I need to foot brake it a little before getting on the brake.

if i jam it to the floor on the t brake it dies afr 11.2
if i eas in to it on the t brake turbos spooling afr 12.5 let off car dies

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/13/13 10:31 PM

What carb is on it? Does it have a boost reference power valve? Is this a new combo, or something that just started happening all of the sudden?

When you ease into it on the transbrake do you actually see boost on the gauge?

Does the fuel pressure gauge move if you're seeing boost?

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/14/13 01:22 AM

Quote:

What carb is on it? quick fuel ban 650 Does it have a boost reference power valve? no Is this a new combo, yes or something that just started happening all of the sudden?

When you ease into it on the transbrake do you actually see boost on the gauge? at idle gauge is 16 in of vacum on the brake o vacum 0 boost Does the fuel pressure gauge move if you're seeing boost? i have never seen boost

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/16/13 01:03 AM

i just riped off all the turbos intercooler piping wastegates blow off valve carb hat ext im done with turbos
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/16/13 02:42 AM

Dang man don't get discouraged it's not an easy thing going from N/A to turbo...ask me how I know lol

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/16/13 02:55 AM

Quote:

Dang man don't get discouraged it's not an easy thing going from N/A to turbo...ask me how I know lol

thanks did you spray the valiant if so howd it do
Posted By: Raymond

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/23/13 01:02 AM

boost ref.line should be off the hat.line
size makes no difference.remember a trans brake will
not increase stall speed.if you dont have enough stall
you wont make boost on the t.b.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/23/13 01:11 AM

waste gate problems i found so i will put it all back together
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/23/13 09:52 PM

Glad you are not giving up on it

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/23/13 10:26 PM

I think he just wants this thread to die.

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/23/13 11:35 PM

no i found the fpr was workin but i just had no boost
o bye the way love that chry 300

Re: boost reference fuel pressure regulators ???????????? - 08/24/13 03:48 AM

Quote:

no i found the fpr was workin but i just had no boost
o bye the way love that chry 300

© 2024 Moparts Forums