Posted By: 383man

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 02:39 AM

Had them on my 66 Dart back in the late 70's and early 80's. Ron

Posted By: 7sec.cuda

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 02:48 AM

Why?
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 03:00 AM

Centerline never stopped making the Autodrag..

Chris..

Attached picture 7806510-CenterlineAutodrag.jpg
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 03:01 AM

Quote:

Why?

Because some people want he nostalgic look

Lots of people redoing old cars, want the wheels to look right , safe
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 03:01 AM

Quote:

Why?

yea what he said ------

Russ
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 03:26 AM

You mean to tell me that my wheels are coming back in style??? I bought mine new in 1984.

Brian

Attached picture 7806535-WFC77-13&14-13029a.jpg
Posted By: 451Cuda

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 03:42 AM

I've got 3 pairs sitting in my closet waiting to be put on a '67 cuda.

a pair of 3 1/2"

8" with 4.5" bs for before I mini-tub

10" with 5" bs for after

all satin finish and dual bolt pattern
Posted By: GOLDENCOMMANDO

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 03:47 AM

Quote:

You mean to tell me that my wheels are coming back in style??? I bought mine new in 1984.

Brian

I never knew they went out of style

Here's mine.

Attached picture 7806559-pet.jpg
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 03:48 AM

Hope the flys are a close reproduction. I would have to have a set.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 04:02 AM

I have them now on all 4 corners
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 04:25 AM

I have tricks on my Hemi Dart, they ARE going away!

Attached picture 7806609-hemidartwheelwelldrivers.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 04:32 AM

It will be interesting to see what they weigh, and whether they get the color & texture right; that sample photo looks more like the color & texture of Centerlines.
The Motor Wheel Flys were IMO the best-looking drag wheel ever; went through all kinds of effort getting a set for my car, which had them back in the day before they switched to Super Tricks. Front Flys use some kind of plastic/urethane filler material between the inner & outer spokes, and I wonder if the repros will as well.
Rarer than Flys though are the magnesium Spyders - no chrome steel barrel, all cast. Basically impossible to find.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 05:34 AM

Quote:

The Motor Wheel Flys were IMO the best-looking drag wheel ever;

Amen!
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 06:50 AM

Just last night I found a set of 3.5 Super Tricks with the 5 lug bolt pattern up in storage above my shop. I have always ran the Super Tricks on my max wedge cars.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 07:38 AM

Quote:

Brian

You have Centerlines that have been in production continuously since their intro in......75-fish. Ron's Dart above look line Centerlines as well.

Those wheels are a riveted 2 piece where the original spun aluminum wheel, the Cragar Super Trick was a bolted together 2 piece. The other diff is that in their natural state, Centerlines are more shiney than the super Tricks.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 08:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Brian

You have Centerlines that have been in production continuously since their intro in......75-fish. Ron's Dart above look line Centerlines as well.

Those wheels are a riveted 2 piece where the original spun aluminum wheel, the Cragar Super Trick was a bolted together 2 piece. The other diff is that in their natural state, Centerlines are more shiney than the super Tricks.

Centerline Auto Drags were not spun, and still not.

I worked there for some time..

They were press formed then riveted together.

Front pieces were brushed to get the look before riveting..

Had to be very careful not to miss in the rivet press.

The new process wheels are unbelievable.. They even use a water jet type of forming machine.. Watched it myself..

Chris..
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 11:41 AM

I can`t wait to see the " new " flys I always thought they were great looking wheels
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 12:23 PM

I love the Super Tricks. But for some reason I kinda lean towards stock type wheels anymore.
It might be different if I had a race car or even something fast!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Brian

From what I remember I had Centerlines up front and Super Tricks on the rear on my 66 Dart. Ron
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/08/13 10:11 PM

They mention a slot wheel too...Wonder if these will be street legal.

Attached picture 7807451-demon.jpg
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/09/13 12:36 AM

well I have enough

Attached picture 7807612-postsable2.jpg
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/09/13 06:24 AM

Holeshot Wheels in Bunnell, FL has had had similar wheels for years! They can make just about any design, style, bolt pattern, etc.

Holeshot Wheels

Attached picture 7808071-Holeshotsolidwheel.jpg
Posted By: kruger

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/09/13 12:58 PM

Still running them

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 03:01 AM

Yum !! YUM !

Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 03:56 AM

I have them on one of my 55 Chevys but I bought it with them. I'm not to crazy about them.

Attached picture 7809031-image.jpg

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 04:15 AM

Quote:

I have them on one of my 55 Chevys but I bought it with them. I'm not to crazy about them.

Those are street tricks

as different as Chebbies and Mopars .. Yuk
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 05:41 AM

Quote:

Yum !! YUM !

I must say that I would give my left nut for that set of Flys.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 01:43 PM

Quote:

Yum !! YUM !

Fly's YES Super Tricks NO

Russ

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 03:19 PM

Gorgeous. Must be an old pic - the Mg fronts haven't been re-polished since the sticker was applied. Funny how the plating on the plastic center caps wasn't all that shiny even when new.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 05:38 PM

Quote:

Gorgeous. Must be an old pic - the Mg fronts haven't been re-polished since the sticker was applied. Funny how the plating on the plastic center caps wasn't all that shiny even when new.

pic is two years old

guy found them in a shop going out of business

chebbie bolt pattern ..

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/13 06:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

pic is two years old

guy found them in a shop going out of business

chebbie bolt pattern .. [/quote

Wow, bet those would bring a buck 2 98 on e-bay
Posted By: 354valiant

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/12/13 09:56 AM

I love the Super Trick look... but we are holding on to our's, we've got a set of polished and a set of spun Tricks here...

Attached picture 7811135-110809_1130[01].jpg
Posted By: moparman1954

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/13/13 10:01 AM

I love the super tricks too. Wish cragar would start making them again. I think they would sell a sh#t load of them. I know I would buy a couple of sets. Would like a polished set for my 68 cuda.
Posted By: Trick Wheels

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/01/14 09:47 PM

Hey, everybody!

Thanks for letting everyone know about Trick Wheels new, "Bolt." It is a 1-piece forging that looks exactly like a Cragar Super Trick. Tried to make it as close as possible. Even the center cap is exactly like a spun Cragar cap - just not embossed. In fact, I may emboss some later, but I like being able to "print" it. See "news" section for article on center caps.

So far, we have fronts (15"x3.5" with 1.75" b.s.). Working on rear sizes - lots of engineering drawing time and CNC programming for each size… Glad to have the first ones done. Whew!

Tim Gavern
P.S. 15"x3.5" Gyros (5-slot) and 15"x3.5" Flys are next!

trickwheels.com

Attached picture 8227112-trick_bolt.jpg
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/02/14 05:17 PM

Quote:

Hey, everybody!

Thanks for letting everyone know about Trick Wheels new, "Bolt." It is a 1-piece forging that looks exactly like a Cragar Super Trick. Tried to make it as close as possible. Even the center cap is exactly like a spun Cragar cap - just not embossed. In fact, I may emboss some later, but I like being able to "print" it. See "news" section for article on center caps.

So far, we have fronts (15"x3.5" with 1.75" b.s.). Working on rear sizes - lots of engineering drawing time and CNC programming for each size… Glad to have the first ones done. Whew!

Tim Gavern

trickwheels.com

Tim! Greg here, your old east coast friend. Glad to see you here! Hope the Moparts crowd gives you some love!

Though I am not affiliated with Tim in any way other than knowing him personally, I know that he put a lot of time and effort into these wheels to get them right. I can say for certain that he wouldn't think of putting out an inferior product that didn't look and function correctly.

And just so everyone knows, Tim has been involved with Mopars, drag racing and hot rods in general for a long time, he's one of us.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/02/14 05:27 PM

Will you be doing a polished version?

Attached picture 8227741-image.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/02/14 07:07 PM

Why would they remake them....I don't think they are very hard to come by.....especially just the fronts......

Now the Flys, they are tough to find.....I have a set on my RR, the fronts are Magnesium, the 15x8 rears are Aluminum
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/02/14 07:25 PM

Quote:

Why would they remake them

One-piece construction for use on the the street with the look of the originals. I don't think the original two piece design were practical for street use.

Cragar made the SST for the street crowd back in the '70s but they were a far cry from the real Super Tricks.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/02/14 09:49 PM

Got mine already, gathering dust in boxes stacked in the closet. But it's good to know that replacements are available!
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/04/14 06:02 AM

$395 a wheel? I can get Bogarts or Holeshots for that lol
Posted By: RobR

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/04/14 11:05 PM

I really like the super trick orig flat finish.
I use to run them back in the day but on the street they just couldn't take the roads.
I've got 3 cracked fronts up stairs in my garage,all of them cracked from the valve stem hole to a bolt hole.I just gave up trying to run them and switched over to centerline.
I'd buy a set of 4 if they had the orig embossed blue Cragar logo..without the orig center cap they just don't have that true back in the day look.IMO
Those rims back in the day were for serious street cars ..
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/05/14 07:29 PM

The solid face Super Tricks and Centerline wheels are great except on deep off set rear rims you may find that when used with large diameter rear disc brakes that the inside rim diameter is too small to clear the calipers.Most of these wheels are 13" inside dia. while most discs are 14"+ at the high points of the caliper.
Posted By: RobR

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/05/14 09:39 PM

Now that I see what the new trick wheels look like,they remind me of centerline wheels with bolts..
They need to have that white spun alum look..it's the white alum that draws your eye.IMO
Posted By: LSP

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/06/14 03:37 AM

Quote:

Now that I see what the new trick wheels look like,they remind me of centerline wheels with bolts..
They need to have that white spun alum look..it's the white alum that draws your eye.IMO

The pic shown looks like a 70's Super Trick to me, what's missing?
Posted By: LSP

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/06/14 03:40 AM

I really liked the 70's style Keystone Classics with the large center cap too, any chance of 15 x 3.5 versions of those being made? I have a 64 Savoy that's begging for a set LOL.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/14 04:04 AM

Quote:

Hey, everybody!

Tim Gavern

trickwheels.com

Will these be stronger than the original, so more streetable?
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/10/14 05:31 AM

I knew if I waited long enough, they would be back in style.

Mine are Weld Zero Drags

Attached picture 8235250-IMG_7646.jpg

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 09/16/14 04:43 PM

He be shipping

http://www.trickwheels.com/in-stock-tric...-free-shipping/

http://www.trickwheels.com/blog/more-trick-wheels-bolts-getting-ready-for-shipping/
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/23/18 11:28 PM

I wonder whatever happened to these wheels? Has anyone been able to get on the website?

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 08/27/18 03:12 PM

I think someone got into legal trouble from what I heard and this idea is a no go now

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 04:38 PM

For those that are fans ..

Bogart is making a very similar wheel now

Attached picture supertrickpart2.jpg

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 04:44 PM

Here is a pic of the fronts, they are now street legal and are coated to retain the satin look

Attached picture supertrickfront.jpg

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 04:48 PM

Also making the Motor wheel fly look-a-likes in Satin

Attached picture motorbogarts.jpg
Posted By: GY3

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By bigdad

NEED!
Posted By: moparx

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

NEED!

i always liked those wheels ! up
beer
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 06:09 PM

BigDad, those Fly's would look good on your car.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 09:03 PM

Heck, Flys look good on any car!
The fasteners on the Tricks look different than what's on mine (hex head), but the Fly replicas look accurate.
10 years ago, I had to spend a LOT to get Mg Fly fronts & alum Fly rears. (There are VERY few Mg rears that survived.)
Real Flys also use a weird shank size, but I'm not sure about center cap diameter; Fly caps are $pendy...
Posted By: moetown

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 10:29 PM

I really like those bogart fly's. May have to get a set, if my car ever gets finished. yellow
Posted By: mopar_man619

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/04/19 11:55 PM

need these !!!

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 12:51 AM

Always liked the Flys. To bad Bogart doesn't have the Satin ones pictured on their site. I don't recall seeing Flys that were shiny. I still have Super Tricks front and back on my 67 , and have a set for the front of my 70.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By rowin4
Always liked the Flys. To bad Bogart doesn't have the Satin ones pictured on their site. I don't recall seeing Flys that were shiny. I still have Super Tricks front and back on my 67 , and have a set for the front of my 70.

I messaged them about making the satin ones as shown a while back and they said they could.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By topside
The fasteners on the Tricks look different than what's on mine (hex head), but the Fly replicas look accurate.
10 years ago, I had to spend a LOT to get Mg Fly fronts & alum Fly rears. (There are VERY few Mg rears that survived.)
Real Flys also use a weird shank size, but I'm not sure about center cap diameter; Fly caps are $pendy...

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By topside

Got pics?

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 02:25 AM

Yup, but have never been able to post a photo here since that feature was "improved".
I'll email it to ya.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 03:41 AM

Bogart is updating their web page, they show pics on facebook for now

Original Motor wheel flys were made out of magnesium I believe, they would grow a fuzz overnite

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 03:45 AM

Original fronts, Mg.
Original rears, some (early?) were Mg but most were aluminum.
Hoop contours at the flange are an easy way to tell material on the rears.

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 04:19 AM

The originals that are found at swap meets look like crap and they want stupid money for a set of front wheels.
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Super Trick fans .. Rejoice ! - 02/05/19 05:12 AM

I have 3 sets. One set on a '70 Cuda, another set on a '70 Duster and the last set under the bench that just may be going on the '74 Colt.
© 2024 Moparts Forums