Moparts

Night blindness

Posted By: Mr. T

Night blindness - 08/05/13 12:04 AM

For many years, I have concetrated soley on the bottom yellow when racing. I am nearly 60 now, and can no longer see the bulb until it flashes. After dark, once I pre-stage, all I can see is a dark hole where the bulbs are. Is there any glasses that would improve my vision after dark? Or am I now limited to daytime racing? I don't think that I am the only one that has had to face this day. Thanks for any replies.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Night blindness - 08/05/13 12:37 AM

Since there is still light out there you might want
to try the yellow shooting glasses.. they brighten things up
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Night blindness - 08/05/13 12:55 AM

Hi Tim,
I don't know how well the track you race at is lit at night, but I wear my sun glasses even after it gets dark. I can see the lights ok, but at night the amber lights tend to "shock" my eyes. I wear glasses anyway, but use a clip on style amber shade.
Some of the tracks I run at are not lit well enough to wear shades past the starting line. I have seen others use a full face helmet with a amber face shield and flip it up as soon as they're away from the starting line.
Of course, lately, I haven't had to worry about that. Loaded up before dark

Brian
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Night blindness - 08/05/13 03:13 AM

Go see an eye doctor.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Night blindness - 08/05/13 04:27 PM

FWIW, the average person loses half their night vision by the age of 40, since it happens so slow we adapt and fail to notice the decline until later. Seeing an eye would of course be wise, but you maybe just normal.
© 2024 Moparts Forums