Moparts

Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB

Posted By: Mopar Guy

Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/25/13 07:35 AM

Is there anybody out there that have any experience on how long a bronze tip pushrod for the fuel pump will hold ? It is a Comp Cams if that matters on a RB !?
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/25/13 03:43 PM

A lot of hyd roller and some mild solid rollers are being ground on cast cores.If the cam core is cast,you don't need a bronze tip. Only if the core is billet steel do you need a bronze tip.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/25/13 05:09 PM

Stewart Water pumps in North Carolina makes the best fuel pump push rod with bronze tip--material sourced from England or some such--Nascar quality unit for 1/2 the $$ of mancini , Comp etc BEST unit out there Call Todd Marsh Moparts Connection see if he has one on shelf
Posted By: mickm

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/25/13 07:21 PM

i need to double check, but i'm sure that is the one that i bought.

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/28/13 03:35 PM

Thanks Guys but what i whas looking for whas how long that type of pushrod will last so if anyone know i would apriciate the info !
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/29/13 03:27 AM

Don't you want a hard polished surface on the end of your fuel pump pushrod? Soft material collects particles that wear the cam core and then that just kills the soft tip of the pushrod.

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/29/13 11:24 AM

This cam is a roller cam made in forged steel so a bronze tip pushrod is recomeded and a bronze drive gear for oilpump ! Cast camshafts use steel harden tips and cast steel drive gear for oilpump
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/29/13 12:34 PM

I realize what it is. I think you are better off with two hard metals is all.

Re: Bronze tip pushrod for roller cam on BB - 07/29/13 05:23 PM

I heard that that combo would wear down fast and distroy the cam lobe for the rod and engine builders recomend bronze tip so i put that in to be shore but no one seams to have chekt the wear and mabe this hold like for ever !?
© 2024 Moparts Forums