Moparts

The Duster made it to her new home!!!

Posted By: griff70440

The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 09:59 PM

We`ll guys she made it from Texas to Ohio. What do you think?
The shipping wasnt bad, i found a local guy.

I cant wait to start setting up the BB and Lenco

Attached picture 7781503-IMG_4160.JPG
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 10:10 PM

Awesome Car looks great!

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 10:12 PM

another pic

Attached picture 7781518-IMG_4158.JPG

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 10:13 PM

thanks

Attached picture 7781522-IMG_4161.JPG

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 10:14 PM

1 more

Attached picture 7781525-IMG_4159.JPG
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 10:17 PM

Looks great!
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 10:21 PM

I like it.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/18/13 10:28 PM

Did he ever get the car certified before selling it. He wasn't to interested in getting it done for some reason when I emailed him several times so it kinda scared me away. People don't realize they are easier to sell with a NHRA sticker on them.
Posted By: mopar_man619

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 02:35 AM

nice love those sharktooth grills !
Posted By: viperblue72

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 03:42 AM

What do I think? I think you got the deal of the Century. That's what I think. I looked at that car several times and dreamed about it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 04:16 AM

Quote:

Did he ever get the car certified before selling it. He wasn't to interested in getting it done for some reason when I emailed him several times so it kinda scared me away. People don't realize they are easier to sell with a NHRA sticker on them.

Doesnt look like he had any trouble selling it..... ....He was looking for a serious buyer that knew what a good deal was, and they found each other....

What some buyers dont realize, is that not all sellers are desperate and are not going to jump through hoops to sell a car that they have fairly priced.....

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 04:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Doesnt look like he had any trouble selling it..... ....He was looking for a serious buyer that knew what a good deal was, and they found each other....

What some buyers dont realize, is that not all sellers are desperate and are not going to jump through hoops to sell a car that they have fairly priced.....

Say what you want but in my 37+ years in this game if you spend GOOD money for a car with a cage you want a spec legal cage. I guess your not going fast enough to care or you would know how important this is. I have seen some very nice cars not pass and the buyers are awful pissed having to tear out a cage to put a new one in. At one time and it may still be on the books if a chassis failed it was black-balled and you couldn't even run 15's in it.

Oh and by the way that car as nice as it is was for sale for quite a while.

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 06:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Say what you want but in my 37+ years in this game if you spend GOOD money for a car with a cage you want a spec legal cage. I guess your not going fast enough to care or you would know how important this is. I have seen some very nice cars not pass and the buyers are awful pissed having to tear out a cage to put a new one in. At one time and it may still be on the books if a chassis failed it was black-balled and you couldn't even run 15's in it.

Oh and by the way that car as nice as it is was for sale for quite a while.

From what I recall, that car had some great parts in it, looked like a good deal....the buyer seems happy....

I think it sold relatively quickly for being advertised here.....

Since you are such a serious buyer....what race car did you end up buying ?

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 09:58 AM

Well Bill, 6 pack runner I haven't bought anything lately but my pump gas small block low ten second Duster is certified to 8.50 and my Daytona that has gone 8.48 was certified to 7.50 and will soon be again. I guess at this moment if given the chance a tube chassis steel body 7.50 certified 70-72 Duster would be sitting in the shop too. I was offered on heck of a deal on a Dodge Arias chassis car but not really in love with that body style.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 01:08 PM

That looks like a very nice car and was a heck of a deal!

With that said, I have a agree w/ Pittsburghracer...I'd never buy a car of that caliber unless it already had a chassis cert. done.

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 01:34 PM

Guys,

I feel like i got a good deal on the car.the car came with a title.My plan is to put a big cube pump gas motor in it with a 4spd lenco and have some fun on the street and at the track. The local tracks around me are not that strict on have a cert unless is a big event(like asphalt wars).I do plan to have it certified, but its not that big of a deal to me. If I have to change or add a few bars than so be it.

If you guys have any engine build ideas let me know.

Thanks Mike
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 01:39 PM

Quote:

What do I think? I think you got the deal of the Century. That's what I think. I looked at that car several times and dreamed about it.

X2
Glad someone local bought it...... good score!

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 02:50 PM

Thanks,I`ll kept you guys posted with progess pics

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 03:21 PM

Quote:

Thanks,I`ll kept you guys posted with progess pics

PLEASE do. Its a very nice car and I look forward to seeing it hit the track. It was going to have a Keith Black B1 headed 572 sitting in it if I bought it.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 04:12 PM

Mike I love it and can't wait to watch the progress!
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 08:12 PM

my I think you got a hell of a deal. I also pondered the idea and just didn't have the funds available. Personally i could care less if the chassis certs or not. If you feel that its safe enough for you (the buyer) thats all that matters.
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 08:14 PM

i donot care what any one has to say you flat out stole that car even if you had too rip the cage out and re do it its still a killer deal can you post some pics of the cage..
Posted By: Eric

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 09:19 PM

Great looking ride ...You can go 9.00 at an IHRA track without a cert....I just had mine re-certed this year since it's a bit faster than that.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/19/13 09:29 PM

nice and congrats
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/20/13 01:14 AM

Darn it griff, if the seller had responded to me I would have owned that car.

It was to be a street toy with a 408/904. Drive it up, run mid 10's, drive it back home, drive it to the store, to dinner, to the relatives...

I'm green with envy.

The original price of $13,000 (a good deal for what was there) was still a tough number in this economy, when it $8500 it became a STEAL. Enough of a steal that I would have immediately put my Dart in storage and changed projects.

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/20/13 08:36 AM

No matter how bad the economy is everything will sell when it hits the right price. The car looks good.

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/20/13 10:42 PM

thanks for all the postive feedback on the car. i`ll keep you guys posted as thing progess.

who has the best price on a iron aftermarket BB?

MIKE
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/20/13 11:17 PM

Good looking car and if you got it for $8500, that's a good price IMO.

I thought about that car too.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/21/13 02:16 AM

Quote:

thanks for all the postive feedback on the car. i`ll keep you guys posted as thing progess.

who has the best price on a iron aftermarket BB?

MIKE

Should have called me,,,I could have got it for you WHOLESALE!! Just kidding Griff...where in Ohio are you? Looks like a good buy.

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/21/13 01:53 PM

I picked the car up for $8000 plus another $750 to ship it here.
I`m located in newbury ohio just a couple miles south of chardon.

Posted By: roadhazard

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/21/13 02:07 PM

Quote:

I picked the car up for $8000 plus another $750 to ship it here.
I`m located in newbury ohio just a couple miles south of chardon.

For some reason I thought you were on the other side of the state

Again great score

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/21/13 10:39 PM

im about 45 minutes from Summit Racing

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/21/13 10:55 PM

I wanted that car when it was 13k but I bought the green duster then the purple one went down to 8500 and I was really questioning my decision. But I did not want a cut up drag car I wanted a street car with a back seat for my son. So my so says the other day, Dad I hate riding in the back of old cars, you should have just bought the purple one. LOL. Oh well.

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/21/13 11:14 PM

You should have kept your dart, it was purple

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/22/13 03:51 AM

Yea yea I know

Keep us updated Mike

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/22/13 05:16 PM

That Dart was sweet!

Re: The Duster made it to her new home!!! - 07/23/13 03:14 AM

Thanks Mike, I miss it but it was too racey for what I need right now which is just a street cruiser, no time for racing anymore.

I love how your new Duster has all the fancy suspension parts, my Duster is all stock.

Attached picture 7786482-100_4337.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums