Moparts

WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts?

Posted By: tntmachine

WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 06:01 AM

Ordered a pair of doors in Dec 2012, they said they were 5 weeks behind. Nothing, nothing, nothing; I finally called in March, they said they were just starting on them. Again: nothing, nothing, nothing, they called in early May and said they were just about ready to ship. If I sent the balance due they would get them out to me. Nothing, nothing, nothing, I called again in June and get some lame excuse about a one man shop and death in the family and gets behind easily blah blah blah. I tried calling all day yesterday and they don't answer their phone. Anybody know of these people? I've used them in the past with good results. wtf!
Posted By: Joes66dart

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 06:59 AM

I went thru the same thing. I finally had to threaten to drive up there and get my parts or my money. I heard excuse after excuse and heard more BS from him than you could believe. If I were you I would tell him what day you will be there to get your parts or your money and see how fast he gets them done. After I told him I would be there the next day to get my parts I had them in 2 days.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 11:40 AM

All that, and there quality sucks too...
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 01:52 PM

Should have used the search option here. I asked before purchasing and didn't use them after all the comments I got on here.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 02:15 PM

This will keep you busy for a while. Hope everything works out for you soon.
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub...&gsc.page=1
Posted By: jcc

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 06:09 PM

I have dealt them, these delivery issues have been discussed numerous times here on moparts. Really wish I knew what the real problem is, since they do make a unique selection of mopar items, but eventually it won't matter, since no one will buy from them, IMO.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 09:40 PM

I got one of their front bumpers hanging on my wall in the garage. It's a ornament now.Pure junk. It would have taken 10 hours to get it straight.
When I took it out of the original box, my 1st impression was
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/18/13 09:55 PM

Seems like after the kid's Father died about a year or 2 ago, so did any quality, timely deliveries, and customer service, and he's a one man show right now,... too bad as they offered some unique stuff over the years, I guess I got lucky and had no issues with them or the product, but the last time I ordered stuff was about 5 years ago, but all I've heard is nothing but complaints from people about WS lately

mike
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/19/13 12:30 AM

I purchased an a-body dash from them in 2007 and it was the biggest POS I have ever seen, I ended up cutting it up and only using a very small piece of it.
Posted By: dOOc

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/19/13 12:55 AM

Quote:

I purchased an a-body dash from them in 2007 and it was the biggest POS I have ever seen, I ended up cutting it up and only using a very small piece of it.

An A BODY WS dash ? ... I got one of those about 6 months ago off eBay. .... TWO pieces ..if you can believe that.

The TOP PART of the rear of the dash(the overhang of the foam) was a separate part . A stupid way to supply it to the final user ... but much EZier to make. ALL I am using it for is to make a plug(lots of work) ... then pull a mold of it.... and MY PART will be ONE PIECE .... and NOT full of bondo...
Posted By: tntmachine

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/24/13 08:52 AM

Now he's not even answering the phone!
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/24/13 11:44 AM

He is still racing. Was at Thompson on Sunday running the family's Dart. Wished I would have thought of it. Could have stopped & saw him for you. Keep your eyes open if you know anyone that races there. Just happened to go there to test on Sunday.
Best of luck w/it all.
Ken Michalik
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/24/13 01:04 PM

Yes, I hate to tell you but you will probably be unhappy when you actually get the part as well. If you do a search, you will see that many have had received poor products from WS
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/24/13 02:15 PM

The last chassis I built for a costumer, he bought a
glass front end for it... I needed it to check a few
things(wheel placement)... I dont know where he got
it but those parts were JUNK... the fenders came no
where near fitting... one side was way short and the
other overlapped the door by 1/2" or better... I had
to have him bring back the steel fenders to make sure
I hadnt screwed up... it was the glass JUNK.. sure
wish I could remember what company it was
Posted By: jcc

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass where's my parts? - 07/24/13 08:16 PM

Quote:

Now he's not even answering the phone!

I don't remember what exactly you ordered, but the actual time to fabricate say a hood or fender from my experience, once the mold is completed ( that is a safe assumption here), is only a couple of hours, its usually a 4 step process, apply mold release, mix and apply gel coat, let cure, hand? lay up the FG, remove the part from mold, and trim. Now if you have 400? other parts in front of you, you hire help, and/or don't go racing, if the income is important to an owner in the future. He just needs some discipline, or something. I'll gladly buy some of his oddball molds for pennies on the dollar when he finally closes shop.
© 2024 Moparts Forums