Moparts

Interesting thread on DRR...

Posted By: Eric

Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/17/13 09:42 PM

What would you do if you hit another car in the pits at an event???
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/17/13 10:16 PM

In the pits IMO the hitter is responsible.

On the track, you are Both racing and responsible for your own cause things can happen when racing. You signed that agreement before you raced, ah, at least i think we do. Never really read the fine print , but thats been my understanding. I could be wrong.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/17/13 10:17 PM

Quote:

Depending who was at fault and if both or either had insurance I would consider all the circumstances.Given the fact that If I hit someone and it was my negligence,I or my insurer would take the responsibility.
This is a loaded question without all the facts since we see actions at the track by people that leave blame questionable.A good example if a guy is backing out of a spot and a car driving on a pit road collide,was it the guys fault back out for not seeing the other car or was the guy driving by going to fast or not paying attention.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 12:07 AM

Quote:

My fault, I pay. On the track, different story. Had a horrendous clutch explosion many years ago. Took out my opponents windshield ( wrap-around-corner ). He approached me in the pits later and wanted my to pay for his windshield. He only approached me once . You can imagine what my car looked like.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 12:20 AM

If I have to back out of my pit spot I ask someone
to spot for me... I would hate to back into another
trailer or a car... but I try to get a pull through
spot... also if any of you spot for someone.. make
sure the driver car see you in the mirrors
Posted By: viperblue72

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 06:24 AM

Honestly if insurance didn't cover it, I would do whatever is morally right. My fault I would do my best to make it right. If I ever hit somebody drag racing, I would probably do the same. But that's just me. Not everybody would extend the same courtesy.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 07:54 PM

Cliff notes:

Guy in Cobra Jet was mad he got his doors caved in, gasses it around corner from return road into pits toward spectators walking in road. Gets crossed up and hits a Super Comp dragster that is sitting half out of the trailer. Bends wheel, cuts tire, bends frame of dragster, bounces dragster off insides of trailer damaging car bodywork and trailer. CJ driver claims no damage to dragster and he ain't gonna pay because dragster was hanging out in pit road.

Haven't checked on the saga in a few days.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 08:22 PM

Quote:

Cliff notes:

Guy in Cobra Jet was mad he got his doors caved in, gasses it around corner from return road into pits toward spectators walking in road. Gets crossed up and hits a Super Comp dragster that is sitting half out of the trailer. Bends wheel, cuts tire, bends frame of dragster, bounces dragster off insides of trailer damaging car bodywork and trailer. CJ driver claims no damage to dragster and he ain't gonna pay because dragster was hanging out in pit road.

That is a lawsuit plain and simple. I would expect no less from the phord guys. We have them at our track, and I do not know what planet they were born on, but man, I cannot deal with them.

They are the worst. They can't stage a car, they display poor sportsmenship every chance they get, and they are rood and feel they are entitled to everything. Can't even ask them not to block in your pit spot without a facefull. Worst dealings with racers I ever had...

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 09:49 PM

It's turning into a STK S/STK vs. bracket now...
Posted By: wafflebatter

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 09:52 PM

Quote:

well I have been on the other side and I was hit in the pits, it was purely accidental, as people were jockeying around to get in the lanes and kid backed into my roadster, the guy in front of him was backing up and there was no way for him to see me, didnt do a ton of damage and it was a young kid, he felt terrible, I know this because the tears were flowing after he saw what happened, he offered money, but I just had him help me find the parts to fix it and all was good. If he had a dont give a sh*t attitude I would of made him pay. We all definitely have to be very aware in the pits, but there are alot of
idiots out there Eric will remember the time at norwalk for the bracket finals when this guys swings into his pit spot with a toterhome and huge trailer and hits our buddys car and was a complete idiot about it, wasnt even going to come over to tell him about it until we approached him and acted like it was not his fault, then he opened the trailer and out came 2 junior dragsters and a ford fiesta! Not a good way to impress your neighbors at the track
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 10:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Cliff notes:

That is a lawsuit plain and simple. I would expect no less from the phord guys. We have them at our track, and I do not know what planet they were born on, but man, I cannot deal with them.

They are the worst. They can't stage a car, they display poor sportsmenship every chance they get, and they are rood and feel they are entitled to everything. Can't even ask them not to block in your pit spot without a facefull. Worst dealings with racers I ever had...

Now that's profiling right there.
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 11:03 PM

And everyone wonders why less and less people are drag racing.
Posted By: D-50

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 11:32 PM

This happened to my Demon while sitting in the staging lanes, never even got an apology or anything. $5600.00 estimate,I never fixed it.

Attached picture 7781620-101312.jpg

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/18/13 11:38 PM

rear pic.

Attached picture 7781628-rear001.jpg

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 12:07 AM

Link to the thread...
http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/75460652

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 12:30 AM

Charley Downing is clearly at fault in that scenario,IMO

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 03:35 AM

Quote:

Link to the thread...

It was on Classracer.com too.

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 03:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Link to the thread...

It was on Classracer.com too.

Was is the funny part
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 03:55 AM

Quote:

This happened to my Demon while sitting in the staging lanes, never even got an apology or anything. $5600.00 estimate,I never fixed it.

Wow what happened there? I would have had some issues.
Posted By: Kyle Reasbeck

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 04:32 AM

Quote:

BINGO. The funniest part is the only two people that truly know what happened in any of the threads from any of the sites are the two involved in the incident, no one else. I've always been taught there are 3 sides to every story, each persons side and the truth. I really don't care what happened or happens, it's none of my business. What I did learn for a fact though is that the majority of people willing to give their commentary either have the intellect or maturity of a 12 year old (or both), and if racing those events means spending my weekend with a bunch of tough guy adolescents I think I'll pass.
Posted By: MAVERICKSHEMI

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 04:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Depending who was at fault and if both or either had insurance I would consider all the circumstances.Given the fact that If I hit someone and it was my negligence,I or my insurer would take the responsibility.
This is a loaded question without all the facts since we see actions at the track by people that leave blame questionable.A good example if a guy is backing out of a spot and a car driving on a pit road collide,was it the guys fault back out for not seeing the other car or was the guy driving by going to fast or not paying attention.

Case Law.. Same as if you were backing out of the driveway at your own home..

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 05:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

BINGO. The funniest part is the only two people that truly know what happened in any of the threads from any of the sites are the two involved in the incident, no one else.

Sorry Kyle, Wrong! Only Two people saw and know what happend, and No one else! Think about that Wrong!

I've always been taught there are 3 sides to every story, each persons side and the truth.

That is Correct, but sometimes, all three sides turn out to be the same.

I really don't care what happened or happens, it's none of my business.

You do care or you wouldnt of given your commentary!

What I did learn for a fact though is that the majority of people willing to give their commentary either have the intellect or maturity of a 12 year old (or both), and if racing those events means spending my weekend with a bunch of tough guy adolescents I think I'll pass.

Think about what you just said there, and I dont mean the tough guy part of it.

Oh, sorry for picking on you, but your post just came off so mean. Have a drink on me,
Posted By: Kyle Reasbeck

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 05:36 AM

Sport, no prob i'll buy the first round.

Maybe I missed it, but in both the class racer and drr threads i didn't see an account from anybody else who knows the incident and resulting damage other than Downing on class racer and higgins on DRR. Did another commenter see it?

The damage account seems to be drastically different on both sides, and I obviously have not seen either first hand, so I can't say what is what, but there does seem to be different accounts.

The WWE threads did grab my attention, though really what happened and happens between those two will have no effect on me, nor is it my business. Even if I did care, it doesnt really matter.

What I did care about (and triggered my comment) is the attitude of all the so called adults, with personal attacks, saying "i'd get a car and smash the other guys stuff" so on and so forth, on both sides. And all of the attacks and threats come from folks who were not there??? For me, this does not make racing sound like fun. Most people deal with immature loud mouthed people when they work, who wants to do it when they want to enjoy their weekend? Not this guy, and I know i'm not the only one. The way people present themselves and their attitude in the various threads (not this one, but DRR and class racer got ugly) does not exactly make me sprint to my garage to go deal with these folks all weekend. And if a person were not a serious racer, I would not think the attraction of dealing with this soap opera adolescent pissing match would drive this person to go have fun. Just

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 10:37 AM

Mr. Higgins has pictures of his car and trailer on his Facebook page.

Don was in staging helping a customer when the accident occurred.

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 04:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BINGO. The funniest part is the only two people that truly know what happened in any of the threads from any of the sites are the two involved in the incident, no one else. I've always been taught there are 3 sides to every story, each persons side and the truth. I really don't care what happened or happens, it's none of my business. What I did learn for a fact though is that the majority of people willing to give their commentary either have the intellect or maturity of a 12 year old (or both), and if racing those events means spending my weekend with a bunch of tough guy adolescents I think I'll pass.

Kyle...the sad part is it's not our business till it happens again and the resolve is..."well Charlie did'nt make good..why should I?".
Posted By: cgall

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 05:02 PM

My car was hit in the rear at Bristol by another car that had the throttle stick. They apologized and said they owned a body shop and would fix the car. The repairs appeared OK, but it was all wire screen and bondo. Now I need to replace the lower 1/4's as I have large chunks of my bodywork falling off.
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 10:06 PM

Thanks Eric because of you I read all of it! You owe me an hour if my life back haha im jk. I had a FED smash the moar of my cuda in the staging lanes. They didn't want to pay at first. So it was either pay or we we're going to cut his car in half. He eventually payed. 2600$
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 11:18 PM

Chris means "Nose of his Cuda"

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/19/13 11:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The cars in front of me moved up one spot so I moved up turned my car off got out to watch my friend go down. The car behind me started his car in gear. Instead of hitting the brakes he stomped the gas and shoved my car into the camaro in front of me and bucked the top on it.He ended up damaging 5 cars. Of course mine was the worst.
This is a before picture.

Attached picture 7782741-Demon2001.jpg
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/20/13 02:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The cars in front of me moved up one spot so I moved up turned my car off got out to watch my friend go down. The car behind me started his car in gear. Instead of hitting the brakes he stomped the gas and shoved my car into the camaro in front of me and bucked the top on it.He ended up damaging 5 cars. Of course mine was the worst.
This is a before picture.

Wow that stinks, what are you really going to do, the dude probably can't pay for five cars. What did you do with the car?
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/20/13 03:29 AM

D-50 I hope you get something worked out, that is a very nice Demon. I think I would have been in jail that day for strangling that guy.

Re: Interesting thread on DRR... - 07/20/13 08:26 PM

Later I found out I worked with his brother and he owned a body shop. I told his brother to tell him I would buy all the parts to fix it if he would do everything else whenever he had time. I said I would not be in any hurry. The guy did not want any part of it, so it has been setting in the yard. I bought the D-50 and built it. It is 2-300 lbs lighter. If you look in the back ground of this picture you can see the Demon.

Attached picture 7783613-2013-07-0220.12.28(Small).jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums