Moparts

stroker crankshaft brand

Posted By: BeeSuper

stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 02:50 AM

Has any one heard of or used a "precision engine brand 4340 nitride forged steel crank" This is what is listed in the stroker kit from hughes engine but when I do a search for the individual components to get all of the specs I can't find it anywhere. Their web site just gives details on Eagle or Scat brands.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 02:49 PM

edit ... oops ...
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 05:10 PM

Actually John, there IS a brand called Precision Engine....not sure if thats what they are using, but its an old company that used to be involved with the same people as RPM International, or some derivitive of etc. Its an offshore forged piece if its what I am thinking. Usually a low price point with a very limited selection of sizes.
Posted By: BradH

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 05:32 PM

http://www.precisionengineparts.com
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 06:01 PM

Quote:

That is not a BRAND, it is a DESCRIPTION ...

Quote:

Actually John, there IS a brand called Precision Engine...

Quote:

http://www.precisionengineparts.com

How many times can one person be wrong before they quit trying to pretend they know everything....
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 07:21 PM

Quote:

Actually John, there IS a brand called Precision Engine....not sure if thats what they are using, but its an old company that used to be involved with the same people as RPM International, or some derivitive of etc. Its an offshore forged piece if its what I am thinking. Usually a low price point with a very limited selection of sizes.

Thanks for that correction ... looks like a description the way it's phrased above by the OP ...

If this is the case then I'm curious as to what terms the OP used to search out this supplier and came up empty ... not that it matters , to me anyway ...
Posted By: tubtar

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 08:28 PM

Quote:

How many times can one person be wrong before they quit trying to pretend they know everything....

You might want to go to the judges , but I am pretty sure it is 8.
And this is for a calender year , not 12 month aggregate.
Or is it fiscal year ?
Oh , crap...........there goes another.
Now I'm down to three and I've still got nearly five months to go.
Posted By: BeeSuper

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/10/13 09:33 PM

No worries, the precision brand crank is outta stock so we went with the Eagle, they made it an upgrade for the same price. Tim at Hughes said my stroker kit (511 CID) should be on the way in about 2 weeks, its gonna be like Christmas morning.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/11/13 04:54 AM

http://www.molnartechnologies.com/molnar-cranks.html
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/11/13 05:53 AM

I have several of them and they are nice for the $$$. For my engines we sent out standard mopar journal 4.150" stroke cranks and had them offset ground to 4.250 with a 2.200" rod journal. I also had them turn down the counter weights while it was at the grinder.

I also am using h beam RPM International rods with ARP 2000 bolts fwiw.

I think Cab may have a PEP crank in one of his motors as well.

My PEP stuff was incredibly reasonable in price because I bought a pile of cranks all at once. I was also able to save on freight by having the rep for the crank grinder pick them up and drop them off at the local machine shop.

PS I have a NIB big main 4.150 stroke crank if anybody needs one.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/11/13 07:02 AM

Quote:

Jeremiah, I haven't used any if the ones I bought yet, maybe soon the crank in my Duster was a SCAT, I think It is a 6 bolt 4.150 BB crank cut down to B motor mains and counter balances, offset ground form 4.150 Mopar rod size to BB 2.200 with a 4.300 stroke, 6.800 long CAT brand H beam steel rods
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/11/13 09:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jeremiah, I haven't used any if the ones I bought yet, maybe soon the crank in my Duster was a SCAT, I think It is a 6 bolt 4.150 BB crank cut down to B motor mains and counter balances, offset ground form 4.150 Mopar rod size to BB 2.200 with a 4.300 stroke, 6.800 long CAT brand H beam steel rods

Thank you for the correction. I have a hard time keeping up these days!
Posted By: dogdays

Re: stroker crankshaft brand - 07/11/13 07:19 PM

Anyone seen their "snakeskin" surfadce treatment for valve stems? Looks pretty trick.

I downloaded their catalog thinking them to be a rebadged version of the old C.A.T. line but doesn't look to be the same at all.

They only sell to dealers/rebuilders so don't advertise in the popular press.

R.
© 2024 Moparts Forums