Moparts

Maple Grove Event

Posted By: B G Racing

Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 06:35 PM

Was it just this event or is it the sign of the times trend?I was just told that this event was a disaster with only 3 competitive S/AH cars and only 20 plus Nostalgia cars in the 422 Motorsports sponsered race.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 06:57 PM

Quote:

Was it just this event or is it the sign of the times trend?I was just told that this event was a disaster with only 3 competitive S/AH cars and only 20 plus Nostalgia cars in the 422 Motorsports sponsered race.

No I think it is the track. Maple grove and it's employees keep me away. I went Friday night, and was planning on going Sunday but saw how that track is run and how they treat racers that was enough for me. I remembered why I haven't raced there in 5 yrs and it is the closest track to me.
Posted By: ValiantRich

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 07:40 PM

There were 6 or 8 SS/AH cars there and many nostalga cars as well as a variety of Mopars. I didn't take a count but it seemed like a fairly good turnout. The track was prepped and the hook was great. No complaints from me. I won the quick 8 class and had a great time.

Attached picture 7753156-Valiant.JPG
Posted By: 65 NSS 500

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 07:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No I think it is the track. Maple grove and it's employees keep me away. I went Friday night, and was planning on going Sunday but saw how that track is run and how they treat racers that was enough for me. I remembered why I haven't raced there in 5 yrs and it is the closest track to me.

Huh , I was there sunday and had a good time. I am always surprised about people complaining about how they are treated. I used to always go to island but must say Maple grove has always been good to me. I enjoyed the event and have never been treated poorly by anyone at maple grove. Hopefully more cars come in the future. I just think it is a sign of the times.Money is tight and racing isnt cheap...
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 08:00 PM

26 NSS cars
8 to 10 SS/AH cars
422 Allstars had a good number of cars also

Attached picture 7753171-MoparMaplegrove613052.JPG

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 08:08 PM

Correction 6 SS/AH cars

After one round of qualifying:

Jim Daniels 8.437 157.25
Tyler Hard 8.626 154.95
Gary Wolkwitz 8.632 155.49
Jim Pancake 8.645 154.32
Larry Perkins 8.730 154.78
Matt Welker 9.204 Shut Down
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 08:21 PM

Speaking for the All Stars, they had a good turnout. But, they have their own program independent of the Mega Mopar deal...they have nothing to do with one another.

BTW....Ronnie McClelland in the "Bud's Auto Sales" 66 BGR Hemi Dodge runnerupped in the 422 All Stars event, taking out some heavy hitters on the way. The 422 deal is, in my opinion, the absolute best Nostalgia SS program around.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 09:14 PM

Show up Friday and my buddy goes through tech. The hour long ordeal there as always. This is with a nice car, goes 8.70s big tire car with house of color triple stage color. He has a Ed quay wing on his car and the tech guy lays his belly on it and bends the wing, stops his inspection says you are good to go and writes the number on his car. He was only half way through. My friends asks about his wing and guy say oh you can bend that back no problem.#%*^#** that's when I said oh yea I remember why I don't come here!!

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 09:17 PM

Quote:

Speaking for the All Stars, they had a good turnout. But, they have their own program independent of the Mega Mopar deal...they have nothing to do with one another.

BTW....Ronnie McClelland in the "Bud's Auto Sales" 66 BGR Hemi Dodge runnerupped in the 422 All Stars event, taking out some heavy hitters on the way. The 422 deal is, in my opinion, the absolute best Nostalgia SS program around.

All stars have a good program and a lot of cars where there just for them
Posted By: grncpe

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 09:41 PM

I went sat. I thought there was a good turnout for the heat.I ran in NSS,did the 2 time trial passes, watched some,& left. I was going to come back sun. but the weather forecast,& drive just decided to stay home.I talked to the 422 guys to see if I can run some of the events& they said they will contact me.70 hemi cars are not on the list of ok yet.hopefully they will broaden the class some.Anyway as allways met some new people & some I have not seen in a while.Waiting for Beaver now.....

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/24/13 10:41 PM

How many vendors showed up for the swap meet? How many companys showed up for manufacturs midway?
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 12:28 AM

Raced both days and had a good time. I treated it more as a test and tune as I'm sorting out a new combo but we had a good time going out first round. I had no problems with the big belly tech dick mostly because I didn't see him. I know what Brad is talking about though
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 01:26 AM

Quote:

I was just told that this event was a disaster with only 3 competitive S/AH cars...

You could always build one yourself and enter it!
Posted By: DodgeCharger

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 02:14 AM

I ran both days. Had a blast. I never had a problem with tech. They don't touch my car except looking at the belts and helmet.
The guys I usually hear complaining are the guys running crap boxes. They seem to give them more attention.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 02:44 AM

I have to say that we probably won't be going back. They made this a 2 day event and they closed up shop at 4:30PM on Saturday. We could have completed our race on Saturday, but had to come back on Sunday because they wanted to keep the car count up. Plus, I don't think it was our car, but track prep varied widely. After an oil-down before we ran, they used a soapy water mixture with a scrubber to clean up the track, then tried to dry it off. We blew the tires off the car at launch. Worst 60ft ever. Launch was consistent on Sunday until the 3rd round when at launch it spun bad, against the chip, a tenth off (almost all in the 60 ft), plus 30 lbs of oil pressure at the finish line (filter full of metal, so the pan it coming off this week). That, and the $75 entry fee (on top of the $90 we pay 422) made it an expensive weekend. We were supposed to be one of the features (at Capitol Raceway they charged us $10 for the 422 event). The 422 group has gotten screwed at prior events, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last straw that broke the camel's back. I'm betting it won't be on the schedule next year. Rant over...
Posted By: HOT IN AZ

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 02:59 AM

Quote:

There were 6 or 8 SS/AH cars there and many nostalga cars as well as a variety of Mopars. I didn't take a count but it seemed like a fairly good turnout. The track was prepped and the hook was great. No complaints from me. I won the quick 8 class and had a great time.

Been a fan of your car since I first saw it in the early 90's magazine profiles. That has to be one impressive A-body next only to an AH car. Rick
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 03:39 AM

Quote:

Congratz Rich on a hard earned win in the heat Car looks GREAT!Came a looong way from that 10 second strret car

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 05:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I was just told that this event was a disaster with only 3 competitive S/AH cars...

Well Micheal,I wasn't there and can only refrence what I was told.I posted because of my concerns for upcomming events,MM,Mopar Nats,Beaver Springs and of course the Curt Race at Quaker and other Mopar events.As usual you show your talant with azzinine responses.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 06:18 PM

Well Bob, I was there! I also actually prefer to race my car than just comment about car counts online... actually much prefer!

BTW, the number of competitive SS/AH cars that will be at those other event’s you listed will be ZERO. Unless you want to build and enter one.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/25/13 06:28 PM

Quote:

Well Bob, I was there! I also actually prefer to race my car than just comment about car counts online... actually much prefer!

BTW, the number of competitive SS/AH cars that will be at those other event’s you listed will be ZERO. Unless you want to build and enter one.

Car count is important if the events are to survive and worthy of concern and comment especially since BGR and our associate sponsers put a lot of effort and money to give racers a good event with guaranteed payouts.It's great that you race your car,and hopefully you will have tracks and events to attend.What I do for the sport is not worthy of your comment or suggestion.I have raced more cars,built more cars,sponsered more events and helped more racers than you have years on this earth.What have you contributed to the sport?Are you now the official spokesman or race director for the AH Racers?
I will always keep an open mind and let you continue to shower us with you experience,knowledge and opinions and when your done hand you a towel to dry the wetness behind your ears or what runs down your leg.You always got some wize azz comments on the keyboard but never ever have you uttered a word to me at any of the races.I apologize for that comment,I completely forgot,for that to happen you would need a pair of balls.
Posted By: Sweigart1022

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 12:57 AM

I thought this was a great event. I think you have to continue to give this event time to develop. I am a regular at Maple Grove so this was my second Mopar race there. I felt the track prep was good as it always is at the track my 60 ft times were all grouped with in a .01. As far as the complaint with the track tech inspectors what track doesn't have a moron in tech. This event can only get better as long as we continue to support them.

Attached picture 7754879-moparevent.jpg

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 01:12 AM

I hope your right and it does,I can only trust the people close to me that attended the last 3 years and their assesment.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 03:03 AM

Quote:

I apologize for that comment,I completely forgot,for that to happen you would need a pair of balls.

You are around 5 and half feet tall, 4 and a half feet wide, the north end of 200 lbs. and an old man… what would I have to be intimidated by?

And no, I don’t have any respect for you as a driver or engine/car builder. For comparison, I spent the weekend with a guy that built 4 of the 6 SS/AH cars there, two of which ended first and second, has held many stock and super stock records over the years including the current, official NHRA SS/AH record. That is a person I respect! Not one that posts online lamenting car counts instead of actually showing up to a race.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 03:52 AM

Michael, you are entitled to your opinion....and, no disrespect for Mr. Barton not everyone has the same goals in life, and markets to the same clientelle. Barton's successful and he's a nice guy. But,there are many other ways to measure success than how many mega dollar record holders one builds. If that is solely how you measure who you will respect you really need to grow up.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you shut up and apologize to BG unless you have the courage to tell Bob personally to his face the same words you so courageously write behind a keyboard.

You are in way, way, way, over your head, and I'm not talking about racing. Take or leave this advice for what it's worth. Your call.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 03:59 AM

When you launch a car that has never had major traction problems in the past 5 years, and it goes straight on the chip after leaving off the footbrake, yes, the track is suspect.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 12:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I apologize for that comment,I completely forgot,for that to happen you would need a pair of balls.

You are around 5 and half feet tall, 4 and a half feet wide, the north end of 200 lbs. and an old man… what would I have to be intimidated by?

And no, I don’t have any respect for you as a driver or engine/car builder. For comparison, I spent the weekend with a guy that built 4 of the 6 SS/AH cars there, two of which ended first and second, has held many stock and super stock records over the years including the current, official NHRA SS/AH record. That is a person I respect! Not one that posts online lamenting car counts instead of actually showing up to a race.

Micheal,I love it when you keep comming back with your stupid comments so that everyone can see what kind of person you are. Your living proof Mr. and Missis Donnally can have a bad night.If your so brave then bring on your best game.Come to Quaker City in August and I will give you a Snickerdoodle and make you squeel like a little pig.
If I don't intimidate you then why do you give my post so much attention.So what words of wisdom are you going to grace us with now.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 12:30 PM

Are you actually going to race a car, Bob? You do remember I won the hemi shootout at your event last year on Sunday and ended up third on Saturday. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you won anything?

But I agree with Steve, stop by my trailer or wherever and I will be sure to tell you the exact same things I’m typing here!

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 01:59 PM

Quote:

Are you actually going to race a car, Bob? You do remember I won the hemi shootout at your event last year on Sunday and ended up third on Saturday. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you won anything?

But I agree with Steve, stop by my trailer or wherever and I will be sure to tell you the exact same things I’m typing here!

I humble myself in the presence of your greatness.And as usual I will stop by.Most people know me here and are humored by your characterization of me,myself included.Anyone who knows or have seen you knows your keybord fingers are the only strength you can ever claim.When you get done whipping this old mans azz we can post the results here on Moparts.
In the immortal words of Barry Grant,quote,"you arn't man enough to carry my jock strap" Keep your post comming,it's entertaining and we get to know more about you.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 03:28 PM

Wholly crap Micheal give it a break. Does your Daddy know you are on his computer again? If it wasn't for him you would have nothing and would still be out peeing on stop signs. Grow up, show some respect, and try to learn something in life. That way maybe, just maybe you will become a man and get off you Dad's and Bartans shirt-tails.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 04:04 PM

Actual Do something impressive and I'll respect it!

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 04:21 PM

Quote:

You got along ways to go Micheal before you can make a comment like that. Bob and many others have been around this sport a long, long time. What have you done with YOUR HANDS Micheal, YOUR money, YOUR blood, and yes YOUR tears. If if weren't for the OLD-TIME racers many of the tracks around this area would be long gone. I can honestly say that even thou I have known and RESPECTED your Dad for years I could walk past you and not even recognize you. Your on my don't go out of my way to meet list. If you have enough time in your busy day PLEASE list what YOU have accomplished with your life and what YOU have done for the sport. Go back to bed Micheal and try to wake up a MAN.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 04:24 PM

Quote:

I can tell you what you have DONE here has not earn you any respect.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 04:36 PM

Down goes fraizer....Down goes fraizer.....

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 04:40 PM

Quote:

If you have enough time in your busy day PLEASE list what YOU have accomplished with your life and what YOU have done for the sport.

No thank you.

Typing on a forum is basically doing nothing. Which is what my point was from the beginning.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 04:45 PM

You about done with this crap??
Posted By: Hemi Joe

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 05:23 PM

Michael- When you offend Bob, you also offend a lot of his friends. We have the greatest respect for Bob and BG Racing and I'am finding very little respect for you! As I see it now, with an attitude like you have, you will probably not have the priviledge of growing old like Bob and myself. I'am disappointed with the trash that you have been writing in this forum, which was suppose to be of a constructive nature, such as Bob was commenting on, "lack race attendance".

As for Maple Grove, had it not been for some breakage and lack of parts availability, we would have been their. We are looking forward to it next year. We were their two years ago and it had the makings of a great MOPAR EVENT . HOPE YOU LET IT REST!!! THANKS -- HEMI JOE

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 05:48 PM

Thanks to all the supportive responses from those who really know me and thanks to Michael Donnelly for his comments and letting everyone know how ignorant and inmature he is.Just the stupidity of poking the "Bear" should tell everyone his lack of respect and lack of common sence.At my age I still cold bench(no warm up) 3Xs what he weighs and curl 2Xs his weight.I have more strength and brains in my little finger.
His uncle is sitting next to me as I type and just fell off his chair and is ROTFLHFAO.
Again thanks everyone and thanks to Micheal for making us all laugh at his attempt to be a standup comedian.
Posted By: grncpe

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/26/13 10:37 PM

I dont blame the track prep guys @ maple grove,it was hot & greasy.They did do the cleanup pretty fast when there were oil downs.My car was way off on the 60' I am usually from 1.32-1.34 depending on the track.I went a 1.399 first pass & a 1.381 on the second.
anybody get any pics ?
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 12:06 AM

ease up big boy, or I will send special Kay over there and take care of the lite work. don't know the other fellow, and don't think I am missing much.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 12:34 AM

I thought it was a great show

Attached picture 7756150-MoparMaplegrove613110.JPG

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 12:38 AM

alot of great cars and racing & I thought that was it was all about!

Attached picture 7756157-MoparMaplegrove613152.JPG
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 04:31 AM

Funny thing is, everyone here knows who Bob is because he truly is a great man, and yet even though I race quite a bit in PA, I still can't seem to remember who you are? BTW, just because you won a race last year doesn't mean you're a great driver or you've "accomplished" something special. A lot of people here have won races, and won big events and even championships. Most of them choose not to run their mouths about it. What people remember most about someone is character. BG has it. Do you?

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 01:16 PM

Quote:

Funny thing is, everyone here knows who Bob is because he truly is a great man, and yet even though I race quite a bit in PA, I still can't seem to remember who you are? BTW, just because you won a race last year doesn't mean you're a great driver or you've "accomplished" something special. A lot of people here have won races, and won big events and even championships. Most of them choose not to run their mouths about it. What people remember most about someone is character. BG has it. Do you?

Kevin,truer words have never been more spoken.When you leave this world the only thing you leave is your legesy,the type of character you project.I developed my character from my son Curt and his philosophy.Many know and respect Curt and are greatfull for the legesy he left us with.I can only hope to be worthy of attempting to carry on his legesy and influence others with his philosopy of life.
Having driven,raced,and built many types of cars for many years,I now have more satisfaction watching and helping the young racers.I do jump in a car on many occasions and still enjoy it.
To injest a little humor at Micheals expence,some one just PMed me that Micheal sounds like he is choking on Bartons foreskin.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 01:28 PM

There is quite the cast of charactors in the barnyard

Attached picture 7756707-IMG_2210.JPG

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 01:37 PM

Wow, Thought we were on Yellowbullet for a little there. But Hopefully the event continues and it all gets settled on the track. But I will go again I think it was worth attending and I had a good time.. I think the day of hugh events are past. I know this was mentioned in another post, "Sign of times" But the crowd was definetly older with a lot of grey hair ,etc...Including me..But I will continue to participate as long as my car and I can make it..
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 02:18 PM

Quote:

No thank you.

Typing on a forum is basically doing nothing. Which is what my point was from the beginning.

I just got through reading this interesting topic. Mike in all your posts i cannot find where you make this above mentioned point. The only point I can see in your comments are wanting to put down Bob and what he has done and causing embarrassment to yourself and your family.

I did see where you mentioned that you were rubbing elbows with Mr Barton. I do not personally know him as you do but I am sure he does not want to be associated with someone acting like you.

We all know Bob as do you and know what he has done for the sport. The BGR guys are one of kind give the shirt off their back kind of guys. This is what the sport is truly about. Not how many races you have won, how many SS/AH cars you have built, not if you still race a car, etc... Its about how you treat people. That is what people remember above the previous list. Mike right now people will not remember your HEMI class win at PRP in 2012 but will remember the way you treat people which right now is like an azzwhole.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 02:49 PM

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 03:05 PM

Apparently we aren’t done with this crap.

Bob, I will be at the track (PRP) tomorrow, per usual. We will have two cars there. Both of which you are familiar with. One is actually pictured in a post above (red/black Cuda). Now, you can continue to talk on this forum and on this thread about car counts and all kinds of other “crap” or you can show up to a track and actually help bolster its’ car count! Your call!

I look forward to seeing you cold bench over 500 lbs! I’ll bring a scale to verify my weight.

One other thing, if AJ (whom is an exceptional driver and one I respect) is able to bring your white car we would be available for a match race. With the vast intelligence you have in your finger you should have no problem building a car to outrun someone with a smaller engine and more weight. Once again, your call!

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 03:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Kevin,truer words have never been more spoken.When you leave this world the only thing you leave is your legesy,the type of character you project.I developed my character from my son Curt and his philosophy.Many know and respect Curt and are greatfull for the legesy he left us with.I can only hope to be worthy of attempting to carry on his legesy and influence others with his philosopy of life.
Having driven,raced,and built many types of cars for many years,I now have more satisfaction watching and helping the young racers.I do jump in a car on many occasions and still enjoy it.
To injest a little humor at Micheals expence,some one just PMed me that Micheal sounds like he is choking on Bartons foreskin.

Wow, thanks so much for trying to show the rest of the world how to conduct yourself, and how you treat people....I'll take a pass on following your lead....
Posted By: Eric

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 03:43 PM

When did it start snowing again??

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 03:57 PM

Quote:

When did it start snowing again??

It ain't snow Snow's not brown

Attached picture 7756889-body_builder_6sfw.gif

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 04:20 PM

Michael, I've known you and your family since you were a kid. Your dad and brother are good guys, and reasonable, and your mom is one of the finest ladies God ever put on this earth. But, Michael, you are embarrassing your entire family. You are acting like a kintergarten child. When folks as reasonable as AJ Casini and John Cadamore get riled you've really done something.

Bob's overall accomplishments over the years speak for themselves. He doesn't owe you an explanation nor does he have to justify anything to you, me or anyone else. His accomplishments in this sport go back to before you were even around.....you sound like a sophomore in high school with your personal attacks. What's next..Cootie shots?? I don't know what your bag is, I was asked yesterday what Bob ever did to you, and why you do this, and no one knows.

Do yourself a favor and stop making yourself look like a jerk.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 05:51 PM

Quote:

I don't know what your bag is, I was asked yesterday what Bob ever did to you, and why you do this, and no one knows.

This is part of it!
Quote:

BTW, Bob. Mr. Barton certainly wouldn't appreciate that comment and you should appologize to him!

And Bob, tommorrow. Don't forget!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 06:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know what your bag is, I was asked yesterday what Bob ever did to you, and why you do this, and no one knows.

This is part of it!
Quote:

BTW, Bob. Mr. Barton certainly wouldn't appreciate that comment and you should appologize to him!

And Bob, tommorrow. Don't forget!

Dude - that quote was put in way after all your mouth running and he did say "to injest a little humor" get some skin

Russ
Posted By: Eric

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 06:15 PM

Funny he said "injest" instead of "inject"...that was the Freudian slip in that sentence. Play nice kids...

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 06:36 PM

I did a right click save print of this post and will be having a small talk with BARRY Donnley the father in the near future to see where he stands on this issue. Having known an raced against Barry for 30+ years I am interested to see what he has to say. You may want to have a talk with him before I do Micheal.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 06:41 PM

Quote:

I did a right click save print of this post and will be having a small talk with BARRY Donnley the father in the near future to see where he stands on this issue. Having known an raced against Barry for 30+ years I am interested to see what he has to say. You may want to have a talk with him before I do Micheal.

He will also be there tomorrow, John. Steve has already had a talk with him a year or so ago on the subject. I talked with him yesterday when we were moving cars around getting ready for tomorrow.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 06:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He will also be there tomorrow, John. Steve has already had a talk with him a year or so ago on the subject. I talked with him yesterday when we were moving cars around getting ready for tomorrow.

That's good I will just happen to be there this weekend too.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 07:19 PM

With attacks like this it is no wonder we have lost some good folks here. If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 07:45 PM

Quote:

With attacks like this it is no wonder we have lost some good folks here. If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all.

This!! Don't be surprised if there are vacations issued!!

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 07:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...after looking back at what started all this....take it easy on Bob...maybe just a slap on the wrist will suffice

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 08:08 PM

Quote:

The sad part of this whole drama is that I asked a legitimate question base on an honest assesment of a person I respect that attended this race.I expressed my concerns for the upcomming events and hoped for some honest discussion.Mikey comes back with a wize azz remark and thinks I'll just accept his remarks.We have seen Mikey do this over the years on many of my post and I always turns into a pissing match with his dialoge of misinformation,disrespect,and just plain BS.He always wants the last word to be able to consider himself a winner of the debate.I on the other hand will not let his actions go unanswered and usually try to bring some humor along with the drama.
That Mikey chooses to duke it out on the keyboard only further brings to new heights.I have never done one thing to this kid and to be truthful don't know which one of Barry's sons is Brian or Micheal.
Who knows if Mikey would have taken a different approch to his social demeaner we could have possible been friends.
I leave it to the court of public opinion here on Moparts to judge my character.If I'am flawed of character in anyway and offended anyone here on Moparts,to them I apologize.I enjoy this site but will walk away if the opinion here finds me offensive.Holgar is correct in his comment about loosing good people.
Respectfully Bob

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 10:43 PM

BG,we all know yer sorta flawed What happenz in the HOG pen stays in the HOG pen.Personally,I always had to take it to the BULLET COURT to fry fish
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 10:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No punches thrown and no degrading comments just the facts....
BG already has an original SS/AH car and to top it off built a twin SS/AH clone to match his original. He also owns a stout NSS car. So apparently he's "already built one yourself" and then some.

Also something else I was thinking about today on my drive to work...again just the facts...BG and his shop builds their own motors, builds their own chassis, races his own cars and also promotes/sponsors racers & events. How many people in the sportmans rankings can say they do all 4 of these? Of all the racers I know I cant name 1 person with exception of BG.

Doug

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 11:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think a little pissing match causes people to leave. It's the restrictiveness of the site.
This happens on the bullet all the time with the gloves off and people keep coming back for more.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 11:21 PM

If I had a competitive AH car I would have took it to the show. They paid out $4000 to win.
Posted By: actionange

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/27/13 11:23 PM

Quote:

BG,we all know yer sorta flawed What happenz in the HOG pen stays in the HOG pen.Personally,I always had to take it to the BULLET COURT to fry fish

Well put Al...
Posted By: Frito

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 12:30 AM

I don't car if BG ever builds another motor, car or drives again. He is a credit not only to the sport of drag racing but to living life itself. I feel privileged to be able to call him my friend. This thread has gone CRAZY. IIRC BG just ask a simple question.

Attached picture 7757421-BGMAnager.jpg
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 12:39 AM

That's it, I'm dumping cable once and for all. This is way more entertaining... And it's FREE!!!

For what it's worth, I thought the event was better (more cars) than I was expecting.

While I make it no secret that I'm not a big fan of Maple Grove Raceway, I will continue to support this event simply because it is a Mopar event. Personally, I do not see the big "draw" in having the 422 Allstars at this event. I'm a Mopar guy and I do not want to see Fords and GMs at OUR event.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 02:53 AM

can't wait for chapter 2!

Picture gallery is up at bangshift.com
Posted By: Joe Grippo

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 03:34 AM

6-13 MEGA MOPAR ACTION MAPLE GROVE_103 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-13 MEGA MOPAR ACTION MAPLE GROVE_310 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-13 MEGA MOPAR ACTION MAPLE GROVE_285 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-13 MEGA MOPAR ACTION MAPLE GROVE_210 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-13 MEGA MOPAR ACTION MAPLE GROVE_185 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-13 MEGA MOPAR ACTION MAPLE GROVE_050 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-13 MEGA MOPAR ACTION MAPLE GROVE_303 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 04:47 AM

NICE!!!

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 05:11 AM

Nice pics
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 05:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The sad part of this whole drama is that I asked a legitimate question base on an honest assesment of a person I respect that attended this race.I expressed my concerns for the upcomming events and hoped for some honest discussion.Mikey comes back with a wize azz remark and thinks I'll just accept his remarks.We have seen Mikey do this over the years on many of my post and I always turns into a pissing match with his dialoge of misinformation,disrespect,and just plain BS.He always wants the last word to be able to consider himself a winner of the debate.I on the other hand will not let his actions go unanswered and usually try to bring some humor along with the drama.
That Mikey chooses to duke it out on the keyboard only further brings to new heights.I have never done one thing to this kid and to be truthful don't know which one of Barry's sons is Brian or Micheal.
Who knows if Mikey would have taken a different approch to his social demeaner we could have possible been friends.
I leave it to the court of public opinion here on Moparts to judge my character.If I'am flawed of character in anyway and offended anyone here on Moparts,to them I apologize.I enjoy this site but will walk away if the opinion here finds me offensive.Holgar is correct in his comment about loosing good people.
Respectfully Bob

Hey Bob, don't leave this site because of some wet behind the ears, disrespectful knucklehead. Some people rub elbows with someone that has a reputation and all the sudden think they know something. Curt was and you are one of my favorite people and there are not many people left on here with the vast knowledge and experience that you have. Besides, if you quit posting I won't know how you are doing and I will have to start calling your shop to find out and pester the hell out of you!-Randy

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 10:17 AM

Thanks Randy and everyone,I would never leave the site unless the "court of public opinion"(Moparts Family) deemed my actions or character to be offensive.I have the thickest skin can take it as well as I dish it out.
I personally feel this is a great site to share experiences and knowledge and feel that I have contributeded a great deal and have more to share.I have also gained a lot from others here who are helpful and share as well.
The gest of my statement is I would not want to be here if I'am not wanted and didn't contribute or be helpful.
Most of my comments other than informative or helpful is dialoge that is ment to be humorous and entertaining and a defence from personal attacks like Mikey.A good analysis would to go back in the archives and determine if Mikey ever had a single helpful post or were they all in the BS catagory.As far as an asset to the site I can't recall a single respectable post.And as far as what he has done for our sport,I'll let everyone else decide.
We do loose a lot of good people because of people like Mikey because they don't want to endure the battle,me I will always stand my ground for anything that means something to me.Racing has been my life for over 50 years and the great people that I meet will be friends forever.Azzholes can be found behind every rock in a field,the best grain comes from a cleared and well tilled field.When I was a child on the farm my job was to walk behind the plow and pick up and toss aside the rocks.My moparts friends are like the best grain and I guess I'am still tossing rocks.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 02:17 PM

Cant wait for next year, Maybe we should have a grudge match...

Attached picture 7757880-1012343_10151572937404830_1098517126_n.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 03:24 PM

I am just sorry I missed it as I would love to support every Mopar event in my area. But money and family problems have made anything tuff for me so far this year. All I can say is I dont know Bob or the other guy (Mike ?) but I hate to see two Mopar people go at it like that. I will say I see Bob George talk to and help many people on here and he has his name on many cars that seem to prefer his services and thats always a good thing for our hobby. Ron

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 05:39 PM

David won his class in the Challenger. Daniels won the $4000. The Barton cars had a pretty good day. Hopefully next year there will be more competition.

Re: Maple Grove Event - 06/28/13 11:40 PM

Another round of pictures is up at bangshift.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums