Moparts

AJ WOW WHAT A WIN

Posted By: steeldust

AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 03:16 AM

I think that was the best win I have seen just because of the lanes and the cars you beat AJ man I was but you and the team did it NOW THAT`S A WIN WAY TO GO HOW ABOUT THAT MOPAR

Attached picture 7752486-MasIFORTYjohnweb[1].jpg
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 03:20 AM

you are going to hear about this
Posted By: steeldust

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 03:27 AM

What did I do wrong ? I am happy he win . I guess I need to keep off here and just look and read SORRY .
Posted By: G_bob

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 03:30 AM

Quote:

you are going to hear about this

Yep, guess now I don't need to watch my recording of the race.

Somebody want to post the winner of the cup race at Infinion in the title of their post to save me that time too?
Posted By: G_bob

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 03:33 AM

Quote:

What did I do wrong ? I am happy he win . I guess I need to keep off here and just look and read SORRY .

You're welcome to post about it, just don't put the results in the title...
Posted By: dOc !

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 03:39 AM

And again ....LADY LUCK was on his side ....
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 05:59 AM

Thanks!

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 06:01 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

What ? .... you expected to hear about this in National Dragster 2 weeks from now ?....

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 11:31 AM

Quote:

if the track was worth a crap he may have not needed any Luck, but a holeshot win is not considered luck. but how would you know you don't race still working on your mini van

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 01:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

if the track was worth a crap he may have not needed any Luck, but a holeshot win is not considered luck. but how would you know you don't race still working on your mini van

Well Qt ..... he had LUCK when he needed it ....and it does not take being an active racer to KNOW THAT ...

He got on the tree most other rounds THEN pulled out that hole shot on the final !! ..... oh AJ and the crew are GOOD TOO ... but LL had a part in their win there also ...

..... and I am not working on ANY THING right now ....NO PLACE to do it. And the way things are going trying to pick up a lite-wait-car is not going all that well either ..... so a 500 inch Caravan might be a more logical project ......

NOW to find a chassis shop ..... ....
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 01:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

NED is one of the flattest, smoothest tracks in the country...a few of my friends were racing there this weekend and said the track prep was excellent....they were spraying and dragging the track every couple of classes and the place was jam packed with fans Saturday & Sunday

Rickster

AJ nailed the tree when it counted...was it luck...possibly but who cares he won
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 02:03 PM

Some of you guys get luck and good driving confused.

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 04:20 PM

Quote:

exactly, we give him hell when he drives bad and we should give him credit when he drives good.

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 04:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NED is one of the flattest, smoothest tracks in the country...a few of my friends were racing there this weekend and said the track prep was excellent....they were spraying and dragging the track every couple of classes and the place was jam packed with fans Saturday & Sunday

Rickster

AJ nailed the tree when it counted...was it luck...possibly but who cares he won

very well could be, but that doesn't make it a good track for the pro's. you know that, bunch of losses due to the track conditions.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 06:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But 99% of the time anyone posts about a race is if a Dodge wins.... So any post would be a give-a-way...
Posted By: dartman366

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Its not that you did anything wrong it just been customary and a courtisy to the guys that have to depend on taping the race because of working or family commitments to not post the results in the heading or title,,don't worry I learned this the hard way a long time ago.

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/24/13 08:18 PM

Quote:

to the guys that have to depend on taping the race .......

....so there are OTHERS that have a BETA machine toooo ?? ...
Posted By: coronetville

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 12:46 AM

anything posted on here is going to piss off 50% anyway , post how YOU like it.
And let the bitching begin
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 12:48 AM

Exactly.

Sheldon
Posted By: MPerry

Great race! - 06/25/13 12:50 AM

I was there and it was a great race!
Posted By: 383man

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

exactly, we give him hell when he drives bad and we should give him credit when he drives good.

Amen to that. Great driving job AJ as he hit the tree when he had too and of course anytime you win there seems to be something going your way thru the rounds. Of course we would all like to see the winner have the fastest car and dominate everyone but that does not happen to much in Pro Stock. I say it was a good win and take them anyway you can get them. Nice job AJ and crew. Ron
Posted By: tubtar

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 01:18 AM

Quote:

If that gate job he slapped on Edwards was luck , he manufactured it.
Great job ! I'd say he Smith- Barney'ed that event win.

He EARNED it.

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 02:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well Qt ..... he had LUCK when he needed it ....and it does not take being an active racer to KNOW THAT ...

He got on the tree most other rounds THEN pulled out that hole shot on the final !! ..... oh AJ and the crew are GOOD TOO ... but LL had a part in their win there also ...

..... and I am not working on ANY THING right now ....NO PLACE to do it. And the way things are going trying to pick up a lite-wait-car is not going all that well either ..... so a 500 inch Caravan might be a more logical project ......

NOW to find a chassis shop ..... ....

I am not sure you want a chassis shop, you have about 30 large you are ready to throw down? thats probably just for starters. if so see Paul at JCR chassis he's around the Ocala area

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 02:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

very well could be, but that doesn't make it a good track for the pro's. you know that, bunch of losses due to them not getting their setup right .

Fixed it for you.....some did and some didn't

Rickster

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 02:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

very well could be, but that doesn't make it a good track for the pro's. you know that, bunch of losses due to them not getting their setup right .

Fixed it for you.....

Rickster

not really but ok, the track sucked if it was one car i would agree with you.to be honest the place really didn't look ready for a natl event
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 02:54 AM

“It just worked out that Jeggie was first on that third round run and we had the cars set up identical,” Johnson said. “He shook and our guys made a last second decision on something which allowed me not to shake. I spun, but I didn’t shake. In the final, we made a real radical change for a hot weather track and it really worked. We figured out something there.”

chassis adjustment after jegs shakes...

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 02:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Fixed it for you.....

Rickster

not really but ok, the track sucked if it was one car i would agree with you.to be honest the place really didn't look ready for a natl event

They did a great job for their first event and i'll wager they will have more and they will be better organized....a few of my friends had to pit in terrible conditions, but never complained and were actually amazed at how smoothly the event was run.

Half of the Pro's won....imagine that.....AJ did an awesome job, as did the other half that won....the track was fast as well....and not much prior run info for this track, I would say all did a great job.

I agree to disagree

Rickster
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 03:14 AM

Quote:

“It just worked out that Jeggie was first on that third round run and we had the cars set up identical,” Johnson said. “He shook and our guys made a last second decision on something which allowed me not to shake. I spun, but I didn’t shake. In the final, we made a real radical change for a hot weather track and it really worked. We figured out something there.”

chassis adjustment after jegs shakes...

Exactly !..thank you AAR for that post of facts..wow...that doesnt look like LUCK to me...looks like a smart team that made adjustments to their set up based on data...and a crew chief sharing data from a second team car...must be luck they also had a second car there too....congrats to Team Johnson for another Mopar win, and by the way...its called HARD WORK and TESTING...not LUCK. ...I hope Jeggie and Vincent get one soon too...

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 05:53 AM

Come on Wedgie .... why not just point a finger directly at me ?

IF you read and digested my post .... I said that there was MORE to what AJ has done in PS(now and before) than just luck ......

And there have been many successful pros say .... in so many words ....I would rather be LUCKY than GOOD.

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 09:49 AM

Quote:

IF you read and digested my post .... I said that there was MORE to what AJ has done in PS(now and before) than just luck ......

And there have been many successful pros say .... in so many words ....I would rather be LUCKY than GOOD.

back pedal fest going on here

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 02:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

back pedal fest going on here

I agree ... someWHERE in NY ...... that better start !
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN - 06/25/13 11:06 PM

you have to do a tremendous amount of work and testing plus the accomplishment's it will take before lady luck can help
© 2024 Moparts Forums