Moparts

727 How much fluid??

Posted By: pete walton

727 How much fluid?? - 06/15/13 03:23 PM

Just had my trans rebuilt ,,,deep pan ,big cooler ,,,,How much trans fluid should it take ??? my car is a race car only and at some stage the dip sick and tube has been cut down .... I have been told to stick 8 litres in it ,,,,I do not fancy wrecking Best part of £1500 worth of John Copes finest parts,,,,thanks in advance
Posted By: Clanton

Re: 727 How much fluid?? - 06/15/13 04:14 PM

I think if you tell us the length of the tube we can help by the stock measurement.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: 727 How much fluid?? - 06/15/13 04:23 PM

Get a factory tub & stick, if possible & just recalibrate ur stick.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 727 How much fluid?? - 06/15/13 04:55 PM

Quote:

Just had my trans rebuilt ,,,deep pan ,big cooler ,,,,How much trans fluid should it take ??? my car is a race car only and at some stage the dip sick and tube has been cut down .... I have been told to stick 8 litres in it ,,,,I do not fancy wrecking Best part of £1500 worth of John Copes finest parts,,,,thanks in advance

Pull the trans pan off before you put fluid in it and see how much the dipstcik sticks out of the dipstick tubes, if it is even with the bottom of the tube start with 6 quarts,(is nix sprecken zee litres , dang Yanks ) and then start the motor up with the tranny in nuetral, move the shifter from forward to reverse several times and then check the fluid level, add fluid until it reads between the end( tip) of the stick and the add mark when cold, do not overfill it so it reads above the full mark when hot Especially with a deep pan Why not try contacting John Cope and ask him what initial fill to use
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 727 How much fluid?? - 06/15/13 10:32 PM

The FULL mark on the factory dipstick is 1/4" (6.3mm) above the ledge where the tube plugs in.
Posted By: robnbird

Re: 727 How much fluid?? - 06/15/13 11:02 PM

Quote:

I use 9 qts with a deep pan and a 8" converter

Attached picture 7744112-P1070201.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums