Moparts

Pure Stock Drags

Posted By: domingo

Pure Stock Drags - 05/31/13 09:43 PM

How many different Pure Stock Musclecar leagues are there?

Is this the only one?

http://www.purestockdrags.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=53

Or is there another one besides this one?
Posted By: 383man

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 01:36 AM

Thats the one I see alot. A guy named Ralph puts on some races as I thin k he calls his the Super Car race. About the same rules I think. I forgot Ralph's last name but he post on here some. I really enjoy watching them. Ron
Posted By: 383man

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 01:39 AM

Here is the Super Car race one. This one is more like the FAST where the cars have to look stock but can be highly modified inside the eng. The Pure Stock races is where the eng needs to be stock specs. Ron

http://supercarraces.com/
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 03:21 AM

Domingo, There is only one (Pure Stock MuscleCar Drag Race) and that is it.

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 04:08 AM

What about the Factory Stock Summer Nationals???

Where is it that Dave Dudek competed with his new 68 Coronet HEMI?

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 04:10 AM

Quote:

Here is the Super Car race one. This one is more like the FAST where the cars have to look stock but can be highly modified inside the eng. The Pure Stock races is where the eng needs to be stock specs. Ron

http://supercarraces.com/

Yes Ron, thats the other one I was thinking about....so yes, it looks like its more like FAST
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 02:42 PM

FAST has a (Factory Stock) class at all their events. Dave's first event with the 68 Bee was the Mopar Nats followed by Musclepalooza on Labor Day.

We have a race coming up at US131 in the middle of this month.

All different than the Pure Stock Drags

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 03:11 PM

Quote:

FAST has a (Factory Stock) class at all their events. Dave's first event with the 68 Bee was the Mopar Nats followed by Musclepalooza on Labor Day.

We have a race coming up at US131 in the middle of this month.

All different than the Pure Stock Drags

I bet the FAST "Factory Stock" rules are a lot looser than the pure stock drags...arent they?

Are the rules for the FAST "Factory Stock" class published someplace?
Posted By: DaveDudek

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 04:20 PM

The "Pure Stock Drags" and the Factory Stock class (division of the FAST races) have the same exact rules. The only difference that comes to mind is the Factory Stock class allows an non-adjustable/non-programable MSD6al. The "Pure Stock" race banned them although there's probably 30+ cars that run the MSD at the race anyway. We thought why bother?

We have our big summer race coming up June 14th & 15th at Matin.
Posted By: DaveDudek

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 04:28 PM

Quote:

The "Pure Stock Drags" and the Factory Stock class (division of the FAST races) have the same exact rules. The only difference that comes to mind is the Factory Stock class allows an non-adjustable/non-programable MSD6al. The "Pure Stock" race banned them although there's probably 30+ cars that run the MSD at the race anyway. We thought why bother?

As far as tech the Factory Stock class has teched the cars way harder than the Pure Stock class has, although last year the Pure Stock stepped it up.

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/01/13 05:48 PM

I hear ya!

I think Im gonna build the engine on my original 69 numbers matching HEMI Charger to pure stock specs...

I was gonna install a stroker and aluminum heads...but Im ditching that plan and going for a pure stock style build....
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 01:21 PM

Quote:

It's a blast!
There will be a lot of Factory Stock cars there.
People should bring their stock muscle cars out to this instead of sitting by it in a lawnchair at a lame car show.
See you there.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 02:29 PM

Quote:

......People should bring their stock muscle cars out to this instead of sitting by it in a lawnchair at a lame car show.
See you there.

I could not agree with you more. There are a lot of reasons to be in the hobby, but if I could not run my stuff at the track, I would sell it all.

Is there an oppertunity to make passes, and/or compete if your stuff does not meet the Pure Stock Rules? I know a few years ago, the FAST guys would let you participate even if you were not spot on.

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 03:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a blast!
People should bring their stock muscle cars out to this instead of sitting by it in a lawnchair at a lame car show.
See you there.

totally agreed
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 03:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a blast!
See you there.

I couldn't agree more.
Posted By: Hailtheleaf538

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 03:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a blast!
See you there.

Yes, I love it..... Instead of talking about how much their paint job cost or how they handed someone else a pile of money to restore their car, I love the fact that you guys aren't afraid to drive the cars hard.

Seems to be much more friendly and laid back than a stuffy, overly pretentious car show. That's one reason I don't take my Swinger anywhere like that.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 05:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's a blast!
See you there.

Yes, I love it..... Instead of talking about how much their paint job cost or how they handed someone else a pile of money to restore their car, I love the fact that you guys aren't afraid to drive the cars hard.

Seems to be much more friendly and laid back than a stuffy, overly pretentious car show. That's one reason I don't take my Swinger anywhere like that.

It is revolting to me to listen to guys talking about how much hp they are making because of blah, blah, blah...., and how fast their car would be, but never took it to the track. And most of the car show guys that have gone to the track, usually once, rationalize that their 14.8 @ 93 mph is due to wheel spin from their 500 hp motor.

They are called Muscle Cars. Street racing and drag racing was what theses cars were about.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 05:19 PM

Yo!
I've got over 700 horses and can lift the front wheels off the ground (With help from the China made floor jack hidden behind the drivers wheel) and I've never been beaten on the street (because no one was there in the first place) and my car is worth $$$$$$$$$$ (because the real deal A990's whatever is worth that much in an inflated overrated market by wanna Super Bees) and I'll never sell this unless for the right price (being the significant other orders you to do so with Divorce papers hidden on the other hand) and they only produced one of these because you're the only one that believes that. LOL.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/02/13 07:36 PM

Lord willing, I know where I'll be this September 13th and 14th, the same place I've been for the last 15 years or so, Stanton Michigan.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/03/13 08:48 PM

Quote:

Is there an oppertunity to make passes, and/or compete if your stuff does not meet the Pure Stock Rules? I know a few years ago, the FAST guys would let you participate even if you were not spot on.

Not during the Pure Stock Drags in September at Stanton Michigan.
I've seen guys do test during the F.A.S.T./Factory Stock Drags at Martin Michigan in June if the car doesn't meet the rules. You might want to confirm with Dave Dudek though.
Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Re: Pure Stock Drags - 06/04/13 02:20 AM

Domingo The SuperCar ShootOut has a Stock Class The rules are the same as the Pure Stock Musclecar Drags Class. We do not allow any exception if you run in our Stock class the car is allowed no modification. Our Stock Appearing class follows the original intent of what F.A.S.T. was founded on with exception regarding blocks and heads. www.SuperCarRaces.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums