Moparts

Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel

Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 01:45 AM

Don't know how this will end up, but probably can't be good for the "Sport" in general..

Street Outlaws.. June 10th it looks like..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Aj-0swc6CQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NPWKdI_mTIU

Chris..
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Street Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 02:18 AM

The 70 Monte Carlo is a near by neighbor, they were filming all spring. My direct neighbors dad is in the mix too. Funny thing is these aren't street punks these guys own profitable businesses and almost middle age.

At one point they rented the local track, cut off all the lights, and raced from the eighth mile marker. There was at least one wreck.

No one died during filming just hope this doesn't catch on.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Street Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 06:09 AM

They have some bada** street cars down there. Hope I can catch the show.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Street Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 03:23 PM

City officials might see a "spike" in street racing after this show comes out. I don't expect it to live very long but I'm still going to watch it.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Street Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 05:19 PM

Quote:

City officials might see a "spike" in street racing after this show comes out. I don't expect it to live very long but I'm still going to watch it.

....and there will be a bigger SPIKE in what the cops do toooo
Posted By: BradH

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 05:43 PM

Oh, boy... just watched a bunch of the YouTube previews for this and have already come to the conclusion that nothing good is going to come from this, other than Discovery Channel getting some ratings until the hammer comes down on it big time.
Posted By: Duner

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 06:31 PM

The Discovery channel is working hard to show all of the different factions of Americans operating on the fringes of society. They got the Taboo stuff, the Tattoo people, the Preppers, the Gun guys, the Drug dealers, the Gold Miners, Lumberjacks, Fisherman, and now the Street Outlaws. Of course they sensationalize or dramatize a bunch of it to keep people tuning into it, but at least they are making interesting programing instead of following the lamestream stereotypical formula of: 1 gay guy, 1 hispanic, 1 black, a geeky white guy, a dingy blonde and a couple of lesbians for every single sitcom. That junk gets old.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 07:42 PM

I guess the fast and furious series is popular enough they had to try and get in on it... looks pretty stupid to me. Get ready for drama, drama, drama and then some cars/racing We all know street racing is illegal, so yeah, let's let them film us... sounds like real tv to me

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 05/31/13 11:52 PM

What happens if someone is killed during filming..

The production company is knowingly filming what would be called a crime.
So, if someone is killed during this, would the production company be charged also.??

I did a bunch of street racing when I was young, (Big Willie stuff) and saw several friends die as cars got faster.. That was it for me.

This surely will enlist more of the "need to one up the others" mentality, and only get worse..

But it has my attention..

Chris..
Posted By: Jamie McGrath

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/01/13 01:16 AM

Quote:

What happens if someone is killed during filming..

The production company is knowingly filming what would be called a crime.
So, if someone is killed during this, would the production company be charged also.??

I did a bunch of street racing when I was young, (Big Willie stuff) and saw several friends die as cars got faster.. That was it for me.

This surely will enlist more of the "need to one up the others" mentality, and only get worse..

But it has my attention..

Chris..

Short answer, Nothing would happen.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/01/13 01:31 AM

These shows make drag races look like a cows behind. It brings the glory hounds out of the garage so they can see their car on TV. Whoopty dooo. One and done is a prime example. Wheelin and dealin just like the GRUNGY CROWD. Line em up and get it over for Gods sake.
Lets race.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/01/13 01:36 AM

Judging by the previews, the guy riding shotgun in the farm truck needs a slap, I couldn't put up with the chest puffing, what do they get so worked up over?
Posted By: galen

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/01/13 02:07 AM

It just draws negative attention to us cruise night guys that obey the laws. Not good.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/01/13 09:58 PM

I'll watch at least the first episode. Some of the commercials remind me of when "Pinks" first came on.
"Oklahoma City has THE fastest street cars in the nation."

Like I keep telling my son- It doesn't matter what you drive, someone around the corner is going to be a little faster/quicker.

Tim
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/03/13 04:59 AM

I'm going to say most of the "cops, cops" part of it is a put on because I have seen numerous videos of the OKC streetcar stuff where the cops have actually blocked off roads for a day of racing....looks like added drama to me. I do think there are some big money races out there but how many are actually illegal? My
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/03/13 03:36 PM

Doesn't take much to get some of you wound up. Maybe I'm biased because I do the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] featured in the show but we are in a dying sport, all the NHRA has done is put a distance between themselves and the grass roots group and made it not even worthit on the wallet to go out and win. I think the exposure is fine. It's television.

I always get a laugh at the attitude and name calling "grungy racers" mature.
Posted By: DusterDj

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/03/13 03:53 PM

I'm watching...But it is crazy though. I have seen all those car at the track and they are fast...
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/03/13 05:31 PM

I'll watch this before I'll sit through any more NHRA/ESPN worthless dribble about Force and Schumacher and Mike Edwards giving a mini sermon each time the camera is in his face.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/03/13 05:51 PM

Wasn't there another show about dumbash street racers in Cali not too long ago? Bunch of total tools as I recall. Then they went to the track and talked a bunch of smack?
Idiots.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/03/13 08:52 PM

when i was young i was involved in a street racing death and almost went to prison,did that stop any of us?NOPE.Thank God i finally out grew it.(for the most part).
Posted By: mshred

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/04/13 05:01 AM

Quote:

Doesn't take much to get some of you wound up. Maybe I'm biased because I do the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] featured in the show but we are in a dying sport, all the NHRA has done is put a distance between themselves and the grass roots group and made it not even worthit on the wallet to go out and win. I think the exposure is fine. It's television.

THIS

And I doubt any of what you will see is fake...the OKC guys are no non-sense no b.s. racers...their cars actually throw down, and they don't race in stupid places like a lot of other people do...they get hurt, they hurt themselves and no one else.

Oh, did I mention that their cars are BADASS...except for the BBC powered dart in their clan....GHEEEYYYYY
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/04/13 08:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

THIS

And I doubt any of what you will see is fake...the OKC guys are no non-sense no b.s. racers...their cars actually throw down, and they don't race in stupid places like a lot of other people do...they get hurt, they hurt themselves and no one else.

Oh, did I mention that their cars are BADASS...except for the BBC powered dart in their clan....GHEEEYYYYY

Are you talking about the dart that was in the last couple of 1320Videos Cash Days DVDs? I was wondering what engine it had in it.
Posted By: 440Kilmartin

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/05/13 10:33 PM

Looks bad ass. Monday nights got better

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 02:54 AM

Tonight...

Chris...
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:01 AM

Just got done with episode 1.
Too much drama and a fair bit of stupidity.
The Asian guy is a total tool.
Very nice cars.
I'm thinking it gets a 5 on the 10 scale.
BTW , Asian is the guy's nickname , not an ethnic slur.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:09 AM

So, does anyone know how Flip died? Was it racing?
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:16 AM

I can just see it coming; "The Housewives of Street Racers" complete with colored nails and Divorce papers. LOL.
Whack with a lot of silly smack and no class.

Won't go any further to keep from sounding off as boasting, but anyway...........
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:18 AM

Quote:

suicide
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

suicide

Wow. Sorry to hear that.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:27 AM

Rip

http://www.turnerfh.net/PastObituary.aspx?did=6202c1c5-1c45-4566-9117-68e72c7bda68
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:50 AM

Just watched it.............what a joke.........mellow drama`s in nearly every damn show on tv these days and by the looks of how they ran, I highly doubt those are the 10 fastest cars in the country.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:59 AM

Word up!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:14 AM

Quote:

Just watched it.............what a joke.........mellow drama`s in nearly every damn show on tv these days and by the looks of how they ran, I highly doubt those are the 10 fastest cars in the country.

I can already hear the L.A. boys on the phone trying to find out how to get a race with ANY of those cars..

The guys I hung out with waaaay back in the day would have shut "ASIAN" up really quickly..

Chris..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:14 AM

Fastest street cars in the USA ?....

..... those guys would not hold a candle to the stuff in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland or NY ...

....BUTTT it is an interesting show .... got the VCR running but I am going take a dip ...watch it later ....

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I can already hear the L.A. boys on the phone trying to find out how to get a race with ANY of those cars..

The guys I hung out with waaaay back in the day would have shut "ASIAN" up really quickly..

Chris..

They said they whooped everyone INCLUDING guys from Ca.............The funniest part is the loud mouth in the white Mustang after loosing once then twice ran his mouth pretty heavy and isn`t that great of a driver or his car needs attention badly. I`d bet he`d tell ya " It has too much power for the street"......Done. Forgot..........the goobers in the farm truck racing on city streets through traffic............class act. Thaught only ricers did that crap............
Posted By: hemiiroc

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:47 AM

Quote:

Fastest street cars in the USA ?....

..... those guys would not hold a candle to the stuff in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland or NY ...

....BUTTT it is an interesting show .... got the VCR running but I am going take a dip ...watch it later ....

Had some cars come down from Chiago to Cash Days a few years ago... got sent home broke

And the Cali cars didn't fare too well either.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:53 AM

I wonder what Larry Larson thinks??

Chris..
Posted By: ksj

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 06:23 AM

IIRC Murder Nova made it for just one day of DragWeek.
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 01:38 PM

i thought it was a good show.. every thing on tv is sh-t, any one see the dog riding in the middle of that pos chevy pickup

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 01:43 PM

Quote:

IIRC Murder Nova made it for just one day of DragWeek. [/quote

If I remember it went bottom 8s in drag week trim. I guess that's slow for a street car.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 01:45 PM

Typical MOPARTS idiotic responses...No wonder most serious MOPAR racer'S avoid this place like the plague

BTW...If any of you clowns got the balls or $$$$ to line up with any of the 405 bring your money as they will be happy to relieve ya of it...Oh Yea,they've been known to travel also
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 01:49 PM

The street..... the great equalizer!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 01:53 PM

Quote:

Typical MOPARTS idiotic responses...No wonder most serious MOPAR racer'S avoid this place like the plague

BTW...If any of you clowns got the balls or $$$$ to line up with any of the 405 bring your money as they will be happy to relieve ya of it...Oh Yea,they've been known to travel also

why don't they bring theirs to the track??? Bunch of tools, I know edited for TV, but it was just like that LA street racing thing or whatever it was called..
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 02:00 PM

Quote:

These shows make drag races look like a cows behind.

Yep. Sure aren't doing us any favors. I'm down to the Military and History channels. Most everything else is garbage.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:15 PM

Quote:

Un-twist your panties and relax and if I didn`t have such a slow pos, I`d give it a shot..........oh, and a truck and trailer.......funny those "street cars" had to tow their stuff w/straight exhaust. NOT STREET CARS.............Maybe the truck..........

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:28 PM

Un-twist your panties and relax and if I didn`t have such a slow pos, I`d give it a shot..........oh, and a truck and trailer.......funny those "street cars" had to tow their stuff w/straight exhaust. NOT STREET CARS.............Maybe the truck..........

Oh i'm way to old to take this site seriously Besides,might scare my grandkids if i did
Posted By: Eric

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:46 PM

I watched it..pretty much what I expected. I just hope the dog doesn't get killed.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:52 PM

I enjoyed the show, be glad we have a car/racing based show to watch. It will probably get canceled after 1 season like most of them do. The show Madhouse comes to mind.

The farm truck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcPHHEea3lE

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 04:53 PM

Quote:

Oh Gary...if you think that show is "serious racing" I'll take the plague..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh Gary...if you think that show is "serious racing" I'll take the plague..

That show is just that,a TV show,but what it's based on is some very serious street racing with very fast cars on the street.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:06 PM

Guys its TV. if they really want to impress the masses they should show what happens to the big dollar street racers car once he is caught. maybe that will change alot of peoples oppinion about racing on the street. Just cut one car up on TV that cost in the excess of 20K and I bet it starts to slow down. And who in there right mind would go on TV give there name, make and model of car when the POPO will be watching. Either these guys make way to much money or they just dont care.

I for one have way to much time effort and memories with my son in the garage around the car to give it to someone for a paper weight.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:21 PM

Forget about all the drama and the hype.. The bottom line is it takes balls to race a 8 second car on the street.. Dont care what part of the country you live.. 8 seconds is pretty damn fast!!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 05:55 PM

Quote:

Forget about all the drama and the hype.. The bottom line is it takes balls to race a 8 second car on the street.. Dont care what part of the country you live.. 8 seconds is pretty damn fast!!

Or faster
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 06:31 PM

Quote:

Well you live in OK...and your car isn't one of the top 10....So it must be your slower than the farm truck....

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 06:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well you live in OK...and your car isn't one of the top 10....So it must be your slower than the farm truck....

Too funny and that`s the only one actualy driving on the street. Maybe Bob R. can talk Doug into bringing out the 6-second beast........

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chris..

They said they whooped everyone INCLUDING guys from Ca.............The funniest part is the loud mouth in the white Mustang after loosing once then twice ran his mouth pretty heavy and isn`t that great of a driver or his car needs attention badly. I`d bet he`d tell ya " It has too much power for the street"......Done. Forgot..........the goobers in the farm truck racing on city streets through traffic............class act. Thaught only ricers did that crap............

You do realize that there is video of that white mustang going 5.teens at a track in the eight at a 130+. You ever try to wheel a car that fast on the street? It ain't for the faint of heart....

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 07:07 PM

I hear and my lowly heap can definately be a handfull. I just can`t stand the drama bs plus, again straight pipes AREN`T street pipes...........
Posted By: BradH

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 07:26 PM

Quote:

... The bottom line is it takes balls to race a 8 second car on the street..

Balls or a lobotomy?

I saw some scary stuff happen on the street when a legit 10-sec. car was fast. Going the sort of speeds today's killer cars can run on the street is just effing ... IMO, naturally.
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 07:31 PM

Quote:

And who in there right mind would go on TV give there name, make and model of car when the POPO will be watching. Either these guys make way to much money or they just dont care.

I for one have way to much time effort and memories with my son in the garage around the car to give it to someone for a paper weight.

I wonder the same thing about that Moonshiners show on cable. Like why do these guys show their face on camera and leave video evidence for the authorities???

The only thing I can think of is there must be some fine print in the credits to the effect of "everything seen is a re-enactment performed on a closed-course".

Then again, this kind of stuff has been posted on YouTube for years and also various websites that sell DVDs of it.

Question for people that still do this kind of stuff on the street, how is the hook and "track" prep?

I for one have way too much at stake with the wife, kids, house, not to mention the car itself to ever do anything like this, even on a smaller, slower scale.

I don't know if it's true but I've heard the authorities will make you watch your car getting crushed as part of the punishment.

I know for a fact, the way the laws are written now in CA, that you can get your car impounded just for "peeling out" or squealing your tires a little so I save it for the 1/8th mile track and drive like a grandpa on the street.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 08:10 PM

Quote:

I wonder what Larry Larson thinks??

Chris..

....and LL gets his power-combo from where ?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 08:28 PM

Moran.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 08:35 PM

Ya got me there BIRD ...All i'll say is i have outran the white mustang a few years back,but we both have different combos now
Posted By: Pink Dart

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 09:19 PM

IT'S JUST A TV SHOW! TV is the key word.
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 10:10 PM

Quote:

Ya got me there BIRD ...All i'll say is i have outran the white mustang a few years back,but we both have different combos now

I heard that you whipped him so bad that he still has not made a house payment....

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 10:52 PM

Quote:

How much harder can you nut swing??? They aren't the fastest in the nation on the street, especially not with street cars. They may be the baddest fish in their pond but when Chicago came calling a few years ago all your boys did was cry " race for pride, we don't do it for money" but before Chitown made the drive it was "bring the biggest stack you got" and around here we get it done without the chassis cars, big tires and sissy sticks. Look up the KOTS event, the one your only entry got sent home in the first round. Go sit down, the small tire boys came to play. Indiana, Chicago, Detroit, you're covered. Enjoy your family filled RV, overdue bills, revoked lisences and jail time.
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 11:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

How much harder can you nut swing??? They aren't the fastest in the nation on the street, especially not with street cars. They may be the baddest fish in their pond but when Chicago came calling a few years ago all your boys did was cry " race for pride, we don't do it for money" but before Chitown made the drive it was "bring the biggest stack you got" and around here we get it done without the chassis cars, big tires and sissy sticks. Look up the KOTS event, the one your only entry got sent home in the first round. Go sit down, the small tire boys came to play. Indiana, Chicago, Detroit, you're covered. Enjoy your family filled RV, overdue bills, revoked lisences and jail time.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 11:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

why don't they bring theirs to the track??? Bunch of tools, I know edited for TV, but it was just like that LA street racing thing or whatever it was called..

Being civil it's a tv show but they do run at the track also. The opening race was at a track. They rented Thunder Valley Raceway and raced from the half track an eighth mile. All the lights on the track were shut off so you couldn't see it was at the track. Most of the races are not on the street but private property. If you know OKC you will see where they are racing most of it within a couple miles of Tina's shop. The races are usually at 3am and most of the times they are over in five minutes. As far as how fast the cars are they are high 8 to low 9 second cars at the track. Hate if you will but they are doing it for the money.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/11/13 11:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Now along comes the master or should i say another MOPARTS know it all...Where's your bada$$ car or are you the real nut swinger

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Being civil it's a tv show but they do run at the track also. The opening race was at a track. They rented Thunder Valley Raceway and raced from the half track an eighth mile. All the lights on the track were shut off so you couldn't see it was at the track. Most of the races are not on the street but private property. If you know OKC you will see where they are racing most of it within a couple miles of Tina's shop. The races are usually at 3am and most of the times they are over in five minutes. As far as how fast the cars are they are high 8 to low 9 second cars at the track. Hate if you will but they are doing it for the money.

You don't have a clue! None of the races were at the track other than some testing,most of the races WERE on a real highway,and again you have no clue how fast the cars really are!
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 12:12 AM

When did MOPARTS become Yellow Bullet? Take this quap over there where it belongs!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 12:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You don't have a clue! None of the races were at the track other than some testing,most of the races WERE on a real highway,and again you have no clue how fast the cars really are!

You are right , you win the pissing and moaning contest. I don't go to the track and see these cars run. Doc doesn't live a mile from me and everything on tv is real.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 01:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are right , you win the pissing and moaning contest. I don't go to the track and see these cars run. Doc doesn't live a mile from me and everything on tv is real.

Just saying most of your info about the cars and where it was filmed is wrong.I know they sometimes go to the track beacuse i'm usually there to help them, so i have a pretty good idea waht they run.I was also at all the race filming,so I think I know where it was.And TV sure twists things around for drama.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 01:32 AM

I liked it. Like already stated it is a TV show.

Not all that long ago there used to be some real good street racing here in Columbus on west belt. Dude rapped his car around a pole then the cops cracked down and that was the end of it.

Anyway I will DVR it and watch.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 01:44 AM

Just when is this on? I have looked for viewing times but can't find any.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 02:20 AM

It was on night here about midnight !! I see about 5 min of it !
Posted By: StrkrDart69

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 02:51 AM

Absolute horse crap show. Oklahomans should be embarassed by that turd of a show. Complete insult to car guys and racers.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 02:59 AM

Street racers that tow their cars to street race, what a joke! I don't care if they have 2 gallon tanks or not. Fast real street cars are cool, race cars on the street, not cool

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 03:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now along comes the master or should i say another MOPARTS know it all...Where's your bada$$ car or are you the real nut swinger

Getting down on and off the street and making me money. Get off your high horse, these guys probably have no idea who you are but you act like you had coffee with them this morning. There's always somebody faster and for OKC it's the boys up north. Remember when the South Side Stickup boys came to you with street cars 3,000 miles from home and your boys tried to call our guys scared. Comedy. Don't get all huffy because your idols have a list and were dumb enough to bring a camera crew with them.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 04:00 AM

I can provide some insight ..

Now, I by no means support the actions but, I know a few of the people on the show ..

Street racing in the south is prevalent, its just what they do there .

Are the cars fast ?

easy answer, yes ..very fast ..how fast ??

well, hard to tell, they at track days N/T most passes ..

but ,my close friend, had(has) a low 8 2nd car he drove on the street ..

and his brother (had/has) a mid 8 2nd car he drives on the street...

Fort Worth area has many, many low 9 2nd cars on the street ..

The street races are for lack of a better word

are "organized "

It is Kinda like the show, showed ....kinda

My buddy tumbled his car on a 10 grand + race
in Mexico (OKC) ..Its semi-famous place they race in a industrial area ..

He actually won, just could not slow the car down and , spun out and hit the curb ..

They don't like , or want to bracket race, they have no interest in it ..

They want to go fast, fast guy wins, for a large amount of money

Think .. "Just like the old days" ..

I preach to not do it, but .. they do it regardless..

Its underground, its illegal, its fast , its dangerous .. They know it

It is what it is ...

gotta admit, the places to race are going away.. people will always push cars to the limit ..

They try to stay off city streets

The show, is a bit fake but, there is a lot of it that's true

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 04:05 AM

I don't doubt it goes on... however the show that's being discussed here is a complete joke.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 04:08 AM

Quote:

I don't doubt it goes on... however the show that's being discussed here is a complete joke.

You would be surprised , its fairly close

embellish some yes, but ..

These guys are not like the average take the car the the track kind of guy

Not even picking sides, street racing happens

right or wrong it does

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 04:22 AM

Sometimes I'm really amazed at how hard some guys will work to try and get somebody to race them in spots that you shouldn't even think of speeding 1 mph over. We used to drive to a spot 20 miles out of town for our contests.... there's a shopping center there now! LOL

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 04:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You would be surprised , its fairly close

embellish some yes, but ..

These guys are not like the average take the car the the track kind of guy

Not even picking sides, street racing happens

right or wrong it does

Actually I don't think I would be surprised. I've been around some of local street racing scene back 15 years ago out of high school. I had no desire to race any of them even though they tried to call me out constantly... I had other thoughts on my mind.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 09:27 AM

I did a bunch of street racing waaaay back when.. In So. Cal..

Organized stuff headed up by Big Willie..

Willie was "The Race Master".. Not the clown on the show.. Very organized, and in charge..

He took the bets, started the races, and did the payouts..

At least Willie would bail out anyone who got caught, and help with lawyers too.. I really think he had a good rapport with the cops.

But it was much better when he got Terminal Island and we didn't have to worry about Cops..

As far as the "TV SHOW" goes..

I'm not doubting SOME of the cars on the show are very fast.. Hey, the show has it's moments.. But I just can't understand admitting to committing crimes on National TV..

You know, if you did this NOW in So. Cal and get caught.. They will "CRUSH" your car..

Here they caught over 180 people, arrested them all and crushed cars..
Don't mind the ricers getting crushed, but would hate to see early muscle destroyed because of this.. video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ

When the cars got faster and faster, I stopped.. Saw friends die.. Too much trouble for the rush..

Met Sheldon Gecker, and went racing at the track.. Now have 5 Wally's and no worries about going to jail etc..

Brings back memories though..

Chris..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 03:19 PM

Getting down on and off the street and making me money. Get off your high horse, these guys probably have no idea who you are but you act like you had coffee with them this morning. There's always somebody faster and for OKC it's the boys up north. Remember when the South Side Stickup boys came to you with street cars 3,000 miles from home and your boys tried to call our guys scared. Comedy. Don't get all huffy because your idols have a list and were dumb enough to bring a camera crew with them.

Buttercup...I'm trying to leave this alone,but evidently back in the day you new someone who new someone,LOL...You don't have a clue who i know or don't know or what/where i race...Go find in any of my post where i said i was best friends or drinking buddies with any of them as actually i live 250 miles from OKC(do i know them or have i raced against them is a different story)

Do you actually race anything in street legal heads-up,prolly not!!
Or are you like most and havn't been to the track in years
Posted By: BBR

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 03:37 PM

The racing footage sucked and I did not like the stupid drama.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 04:08 PM

Quote:

.. Hey, the show has it's moments.. But I just can't understand admitting to committing crimes on National TV..

Since some of you guys here know these guys and/or were present for the filming can you shed light on this?

How do they get away with having their "crimes" videotaped and broadcast for all to see if it's real?

The only way I think it can work is that the production crew gets filming permits to close down the highways for "re-enactments" of the kind of street racing they do to film for the show. That way everyone's butt is covered - both racers and film crew - if the law sees the show broadcast later and comes knocking they can just show them a copy of the film permit to show that it was just a re-enactment for the show. Is that how it works?

One thing that seemed really fishy about the first show is how brightly lit up (for the cameras) this highway in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night seemed to be. There seemed to be huge light rigs like they use for nighttime road construction that just happened to be set up in the middle of nowhere where they are racing.

Really curious about how they make this show.
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 05:14 PM

Chris' Barracuda and I, ran around, in the same circles, back in the day, and street racing was a pretty big deal, all over So. California. We mostly went to spots in, and around Compton, but, raced at several other locations, including Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino county. It was no big deal to see that races were locked up, for $10K, and up. This show on tv is comical to me. It has been years and years since I have been to a street race, but, I never saw high powered lighting, all the way down the "street". Lets face it, we all like cars and racing, so, just sit back, and enjoy the show, but, don't play too much into it, as it certainly is not a reflection of a real street race. Here is a vid of the real deal.....just another night in L.A.

http://youtu.be/R4eyVO6JDGQ

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 05:35 PM

Quote:

Chris' Barracuda and I, ran around, in the same circles, back in the day, and street racing was a pretty big deal, all over So. California. We mostly went to spots in, and around Compton, but, raced at several other locations, including Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino county. It was no big deal to see that races were locked up, for $10K, and up. This show on tv is comical to me. It has been years and years since I have been to a street race, but, I never saw high powered lighting, all the way down the "street". Lets face it, we all like cars and racing, so, just sit back, and enjoy the show, but, don't play too much into it, as it certainly is not a reflection of a real street race. Here is a vid of the real deal.....just another night in L.A.

The Datsun was on the LA street racers series. I guess the entire shop was.
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, those are the guys from CPR. They make no bones about what they do, and never tried to hide their identity, when on the street.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 05:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, those are the guys from CPR. They make no bones about what they do, and never tried to hide their identity, when on the street.

as I recall that car lost a lot on that show as well. AND with the way things are going today I'd NEVER EVER put online any amount of money collected. Good way to get the IRS on you. Especially if you might have PeeOh'd somebody along the way.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 05:55 PM

I didnt watch the program.. but years ago I use to
street race alot.... lost my license for 5 years...
not for me anymore

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 05:56 PM

Just another night in Phila
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LxY878qxhnw
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 05:59 PM

Quote:

Which video are you wanting us to watch?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 06:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Those are the guys who could'nt get the Mustang down a track right??

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 06:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Which video are you wanting us to watch?

The one the link takes you too.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 06:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Those are the guys who could'nt get the Mustang down a track right??

yes and when they were at the track ran their mouths big time. I think they even had to bring in a real racer so they'd have somebody to race.
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 11:08 PM

I had recorded the show on my DVR and just watched it. It is completely bogus. The show is fabricated. I developed a headache watching it.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/12/13 11:08 PM

Quote:

I didnt watch the program.. but years ago I use to
street race alot.... lost my license for 5 years...
not for me anymore

FIVE YEARS .... you must have been a naughty NAUGHTY boy many several times ...

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 02:11 AM

Welcome to WWE with a steering wheel.

I don't know how much money these guys are being paid to be on the show - but I hope they are having a good time with it. You know the local law enforcement guys will be watching for them even if it is all bogus made for TV drama.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 02:43 AM

Quote:

Nothing like being in Compton at a Winchell's Doughnut Shop on a Saturday night, and have to dive because of a drive by shooting....

Ahhhh the memories..

Chris..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 02:52 AM

**** breaking news ****

Fast and furuious 1-6, fake ..

who knew !
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 03:14 AM

Guys it's better then watching the same pass time's episodes for the 300th time.Is it real street racing? No.It's a g rated version on some of the stuff that really happens before a street race.I see what there trying to show folks and some of its silly,but there's no denying some of them cars are fast and actually did street race before the tv deal was sighned.Enjoy it or don't i would run my car if we had a place like that w 20 light towers and permits to film.;p;
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 03:25 AM

so cal this is a psca hot street car that run 8.20s all motor sbf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nmHh-PpSoM

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 04:38 AM

I used to do black-top w/those guys many years ago and they were crazy then.............

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 05:08 AM

Quote:

so cal this is a psca hot street car that run 8.20s all motor sbf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nmHh-PpSoM

Is that Sammy's kid??

Chris..
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 05:40 AM

Quote:

**** breaking news ****

Fast and furuious 1-6, fake ..

who knew !

Noooo!!! You mean the wheelstands were fake? You're killing me.

Tim

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 01:07 PM

Quote:

was the vette sleeping? he got spanked...I'd think i'd try a little harder for 10k. What's in the Fox body? Sounded like a NASCAR motor.
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 02:07 PM

Here's a link to the episode.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/street-outlaws/videos/midnight-riders.htm
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 02:56 PM

Quote:

.....look up some of those other "gypsy mike" videos and you'll see this show isn't too far from some reality.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 07:05 PM

WHERE are any of you ...on-the-list ?....

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 07:08 PM

I'm on my wifes list more often than not...but if I made her live in a motorhome so I could lose street races I would be
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/13/13 07:20 PM

If you go to 1320video.com their Cash Days DVDs have most of those cars on them. Actually in one of those DVDs the brown sugar Cuda was out there racing before it got wrecked at Atco.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 12:49 AM

So if this is number 10?????

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=2&...57-373bc412c944

Chris..
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 01:18 AM

I like the show can't wait til next week ain't nothing else on TV worth watching

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 02:25 AM

Quote:

Chris..

Funny thing is I've seen him run in the 12 second bracket race and run the number good. You never know what kind of hit he will run on it, it has a fogger with multiple stages. but remember it is street racing and a tv show it makes for an interesting subject.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 03:37 AM

Guess Im just old school.Didnt realize people trailered their car to a "street race".It does take some smarts to take their cars and run them on the places they race.Little prep,dips in the road,curbs,light poles etc.Too bad Number 1 on the list couldn't get past day 1 at DW a few years back. Ive seen the farm truck race before.That thing could hook in a blizzard. LOL.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 03:55 AM

Quote:

Chris..

I highly doubt that is all it has. A true grudge racer wouldn't show his fastest times, just like the nova at drag week, I am sure it faster then the times it posted.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 04:03 AM

Quote:

Guess Im just old school.Didnt realize people trailered their car to a "street race".

Ive seen the farm truck race before.That thing could hook in a blizzard. LOL.

....when some of the boyz from NY, Cleveland and Chicago showed up in Detroit ... they trailered their cars THERE ... but had to DRIVE THEM when they showed up .....

That FARM TRUCK ?.... wasn't there a shot of of that truck getting all squirrelly ??

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 04:04 AM

Murder Nove went 8.30s for its only day.As for Larson he could go high 6.70s but he wont.Not worth it to him for a car that hes has since the early 80s and it ran 12s.
Posted By: Vintage

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/14/13 04:05 AM

That spot looks familiar B. .....lol

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 12:17 PM

That blue Dart is very nice.

Leaves really hard.. Anyone know what engine is in it.???

Chris..
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 12:19 PM

Quote:

Chris..

I believe it is a big block Chevy.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 01:06 PM

The thing I don't understand about this show is how real racers can say they actually enjoy this show. 10 fastest street cars my butt. And why are they always trailering their cars to the race site? We saw last night exactly how slow these cars are without NOS. 50 minutes of BS and about 7 minutes of racing after subtracting advertizing minutes. And saying that truck is in the top 10 is a major laugh.
Duhhh I forgot to open the bottle.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 01:08 PM

Quote:

The thing I don't understand about this show is how real racers can say they actually enjoy this show. 10 fastest street cars my butt. And why are they always trailering their cars to the race site? We saw last night exactly how slow these cars are without NOS. 50 minutes of BS and about 7 minutes of racing after subtracting advertizing minutes. And saying that truck is in the top 10 is a major laugh.

speaking of, what's an 8 second NOS car run w/o his 2/3 stage 300(or more) shot anyway?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 03:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

speaking of, what's an 8 second NOS car run w/o his 2/3 stage 300(or more) shot anyway?

It looked like Maybe a 13 second pass if you ask me. The guy that beat him was more excited than a 6 year old on Christmas morning. That was one ugly race.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 05:35 PM

Damn Cheezy-Burgher guy ...I missed the show last nite ...when is the rEpeat ?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 05:44 PM

Quote:

Doc my son and I dropped his transmission off last Wednesday and stopped at a local wing and brew pub and we watched it but it was hard to hear. I later DVR'ed it as I really wanted to give the show a fair chance. Pretty sure it was Wednesday night on disc channel. Its set to record now but won't be for long. I was real lucky last night and I got to watch it in the emergency room. Temperature was up over 103 and I guess I have Pneumonia. Lucky me.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 05:47 PM

I wish they could have more about the cars and less about the drama between the racers and the drama between the racers and their families.

If it was my show I'd make it into more of a contest-based reality show. I'd make it a contest to see who has the quickest street-legal, street-driven car in the nation and it would be settled at a real drag strip.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 05:55 PM

Quote:

I wish they could have more about the cars and less about the drama between the racers and the drama between the racers and their families.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Doc my son and I dropped his transmission off last Wednesday and stopped at a local wing and brew pub and we watched it but it was hard to hear. I later DVR'ed it as I really wanted to give the show a fair chance. Pretty sure it was Wednesday night on disc channel. Its set to record now but won't be for long. I was real lucky last night and I got to watch it in the emergency room. Temperature was up over 103 and I guess I have Pneumonia. Lucky me.

Get well............being sick bites so get it together so you can go racing....

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:17 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure it was Wednesday night on disc channel. Its set to record now but won't be for long. I was real lucky last night and I got to watch it in the emergency room. Temperature was up over 103 and I guess I have Pneumonia. Lucky me.

THX BuckDouble ! ..... I wound up in the "room" for something way less serious about 10 days ago ... a bad cough that I still have lingering ... but not nearly as bad as it was.

Get well soon ...
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:20 PM

Every run I have seen on that show would have resulted in 1st round loser around here. No wonder these guys street race they all suck at the starting line. Are these supposed to be heads up runs? It seems like every race one of the cars pulls a 3 car length hole shot. Well at least its better than watching a bunch of hillbilly clowns playing with their duck calls.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:21 PM

I'm pretty sure the goal is to present these guys as fringe extremists and outlaws rather than "normal" people who enjoy cars. Just like preppers, moonshiners, gun nuts, drug dealers and taboo freaks... The show's producers don't care about actually showing the racers in any sort of positive light, and they surely don't care about cars. They add the drama because they want non-car people to watch it even if it is fake "made-for-TV" kind of BS.
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:24 PM

I like the street that they found that had a lot of temp lighting keeping everything bright... some of the lower top ten cars look like some 11 second cars to me..
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:26 PM

Quote:

If it was my show I'd make it into more of a contest-based reality show. I'd make it a contest to see who has the quickest street-legal, street-driven car in the nation and it would be settled at a real drag strip.

You mean like Drag Week?!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:26 PM

You mean you guys don't have portable light towers powered up on your deserted streets?
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 06:46 PM

Well it was fun to watch..I don't understand why they don't go to the track. But to each their own,

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 07:28 PM

Because they are SUPPOSED to be "OUTLAW Street Racers".... criminals living on the fringe of society - doing illegal activities in the dark. (well as dark as they could make it look like with a bunch of light towers putting out thousands of watts of light) LOL

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 09:02 PM

I don't understand why some of you guys have your panties in a bunch over this "reality" show? Just like Sons Of Guns and their ability to shoot a tank with a .22 and it explodes in to a million pieces, some of this show is going to be fabricated too. That's TV. As long as the false drama is held to a minimum, it'll be good. Did you think Discovery Channel is just going to go out there and dump a bunch of money in to a TV show and hope and pray it all just works out? Damn right they're going plan how things will go down and do what they can do to make sure a show gets produced. Who cares if the police block off the street and they've got portable lights? They're still racing on an un-prepped street. Back in the day at Doty Rd in chicago the police would run through there once every hour and chase everyone away. then we'd go across the highway and wait at the gas station for awhile and then go right back out to the same street. It sucked. We'd be lucky to see 5 races all night. Is that interesting TV? Hell no!! Used to be able to run at Doty but then all the Fast and Furious fags started coming out with their hondas and crotch rockets and next thing you know there's 500 people out there standing in the road, running bikes up and down the road at random when people are trying to race, drawing all kinds of attention and the cops, and that was the end of real street racing at that location. Been years since I've been over there but I'm guessing not much has changed.

As long as the races are legit and the money is real, I say props to these OKC guys for figuring out how to to get the racing done WITHOUT police harassment. Does this show look bad in the eyes of NHRA and to those of us who only race at a track? Yeah, a little bit. But it is what it is and it's gonna happen whether you like it or not. Someone should come up with a grudge show that's based at a track if they don't like it. I think it could be just as good. Hell, the format of THIS show would still work if they raced at a legit track. Whatever, I'll still watch. Not a lot of TV racing you can watch these days based on real grass roots people so I'll take what I can get.

I'll watch this show. I like the cars. Are they the fastest street cars in the country? No. But we all think our car is the fastest [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] out there so why would we expect these dudes to be any different?

Getting off my high horse now....

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This guy get's it...And for you guys that think they're slow

The white ruststang has been a 5.01 around 140 at the track and he's a middle to lower of the pack car...They do race at tracks also,albeit usually with the boards turned off!!!

It is what it is ...A friggin reality tv show with real characters that some have been doing this kind of racing for a long time and as usuall the HATERS and do gooders come out of the woodwork...JMHO,if you don't like it,don't turn it on!!!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 09:31 PM

If any thing, this show as bad as it is, can only do one positive thing with NHRA standing to prosper. It justifies NHRA's long standing argument for more tracks to get special endorsements, tax breaks, etc. to keep 'em opened. The Big Willie syndrome rules here.

The more the tracks close around the country to make way for Malls and more Condo's the more this show will influence heads out there to take the chance on the street. It's either the tracks or the streets, sooner or later, some will take the chance no matter what the odds say. Most street racing takes place with out the Law even knowing it happened.
Now, on the other hand, Politicians, Community boards, social service venues, schools and the like will probably be horrified of this show even if we racers know the real deal as to its authenticity, but maybe the show will actually help endorse the building, maintenance and preservation of local tracks in major Cities and counties around the nation where a survey of local racers can justify those tracks existence. Just look what it could do for New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut if a great track opened up in Long Island again. I say it would be a great revenue boost, keep young lives off the street and involved in Hobbies, help keep great local speed/machine shops in business while bringing back the old name again that say's it all, "National Speedway"
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 09:38 PM

personally, i like the show. it reminds me of what we did back in the 80s when I lived in PA. there was always a fairly large crowd of people also for hours on end as race after race went down. The years of Cars Illustrated which was like a bi monthly bible. think it was bimonthly. Cops didn't bust balls to much as it was in an industrial park ouside of town. Every few months some hero would do something stupid that would ruin it on everyone for a month or so till the heat cleared from the area then it was back to it. wish I had pics of those nights. there was always a bunch of Hot Rods at each guys garage all the time.

of course the cars were no where near as fast but it was fun. friends at my garage in '87

Attached picture 7747173-7917_1165719415599_4383621_n.jpg

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 09:48 PM

Hehehe.... I get it. It's JUST a TV show.

I'm just jealous that they didn't decide to center the show around the surface of the sun - err, I mean in Phoenix. Of course it would be more difficult since we no longer have race tracks...
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 10:13 PM

Quote:

friends at my garage in '87

Your garage in 1987??? Ever seen "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"?
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 10:55 PM

Discovery should do a reality shown on the management of the NHRA

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 11:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Chris..

I believe it is a big block Chevy.

Now that's depressing..

Too bad, beautiful car..

Chris..
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/18/13 11:51 PM

watched last night for the first time.....

Rickster

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 12:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

no, i have no idea. or what your trying to say

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 01:09 AM

Quote:

personally, i like the show. it reminds me of what we did back in the 80s ...............

.... uNless the show last nite was super-bad ...it reminds me kind-of like what happened Thursday nite in the metro Detroit area (the best/west side) ....from 9ish at nite til SOMEtimes as late as NOON on Friday !!
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 06:04 AM

Mr. Yuk I would say an 8 sec car with a 300 shot of NOS would be a 10 sec car on all motor. Just a guess using a friends car when he was breaking in his motor, 10.50's then 8.60's on NOS. It would also depend on how his converter was setup also.

I like the show for what it is a Reality show. It gives me something to watch other then the housewives or jersey shore, etc. More racing less BS would be Good but Discovery wants the drama to keep people watching it more. I want to see the number 1 or number 2 car race sometime soon.
David

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 06:43 AM

ANYone have a time 2day for a rerun of the Mondays show?.... my guide is not loading right ....

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 06:52 AM

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/street-outlaws/videos/young-and-old-blood.htm

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 07:04 AM

?????..... what is the title of that show on Monday ?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 07:41 AM

Young and Old blood..

I'm showing it @ 7:00 & 9:00 pm Friday night.

Chris..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 08:00 AM

TANK 'ya

.... DON'T know where I heard the rerun was on Wednesday

..... JUST wanna catch this ..... YES.... on my VCR !

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 09:24 AM

Didn't you want to watch it on the link I listed?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 01:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a movie about a guy who ages in reverse.
I just was implying that maybe you're older than I think you are. I was 7 years old in 1987...and you were building race cars.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 02:23 PM

Quote:

LMAO....underground racing will be forever...big side bets...happening all over Chicago area in sorta secret spots....

as far as the fastest street car in Ok...I have seen others here that would hand them their lunch...but it is a show..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 02:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a movie about a guy who ages in reverse.
I just was implying that maybe you're older than I think you are. I was 7 years old in 1987...and you were building race cars.

'87, check out that 50cc pump. like my cardboard walls?

Attached picture 7747959-7917_1168590567376_8066210_n.jpg

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 03:44 PM

Quote:

Didn't you want to watch it on the link I listed?

THX Burgher guy ... but I am still challenged on some of these links PLUS I wanted to tape it for a bud that does not have cable or sat.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/19/13 03:55 PM

????.... I just did a search on my cable co program listing for DSC on Friday evening .... nothing but Alaska programing .... ???
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/20/13 12:04 PM

Quote:

I don't understand why some of you guys have your panties in a bunch over this "reality" show? Just like Sons Of Guns and their ability to shoot a tank with a .22 and it explodes in to a million pieces, some of this show is going to be fabricated too. That's TV. As long as the false drama is held to a minimum, it'll be good. Did you think Discovery Channel is just going to go out there and dump a bunch of money in to a TV show and hope and pray it all just works out? Damn right they're going plan how things will go down and do what they can do to make sure a show gets produced. Who cares if the police block off the street and they've got portable lights? They're still racing on an un-prepped street. Back in the day at Doty Rd in chicago the police would run through there once every hour and chase everyone away. then we'd go across the highway and wait at the gas station for awhile and then go right back out to the same street. It sucked. We'd be lucky to see 5 races all night. Is that interesting TV? Hell no!! Used to be able to run at Doty but then all the Fast and Furious fags started coming out with their hondas and crotch rockets and next thing you know there's 500 people out there standing in the road, running bikes up and down the road at random when people are trying to race, drawing all kinds of attention and the cops, and that was the end of real street racing at that location. Been years since I've been over there but I'm guessing not much has changed.

As long as the races are legit and the money is real, I say props to these OKC guys for figuring out how to to get the racing done WITHOUT police harassment. Does this show look bad in the eyes of NHRA and to those of us who only race at a track? Yeah, a little bit. But it is what it is and it's gonna happen whether you like it or not. Someone should come up with a grudge show that's based at a track if they don't like it. I think it could be just as good. Hell, the format of THIS show would still work if they raced at a legit track. Whatever, I'll still watch. Not a lot of TV racing you can watch these days based on real grass roots people so I'll take what I can get.

I'll watch this show. I like the cars. Are they the fastest street cars in the country? No. But we all think our car is the fastest [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] out there so why would we expect these dudes to be any different?

Getting off my high horse now.... it's just a show hope people get over it it get's the up over on the bullet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This guy get's it...And for you guys that think they're slow

The white ruststang has been a 5.01 around 140 at the track and he's a middle to lower of the pack car...They do race at tracks also,albeit usually with the boards turned off!!!

It is what it is ...A friggin reality tv show with real characters that some have been doing this kind of racing for a long time and as usuall the HATERS and do gooders come out of the woodwork...JMHO,if you don't like it,don't turn it on!!!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 05:39 AM

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 7.98 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 5.01 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 178.03 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 143.00 MPH.

Pretty fast at the track, but probably wont happen on those streets where they race..

Chris..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 05:45 AM

Quote:

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 7.98 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 5.01 seconds.

Chris..

That white SBC MUDstain runs 7.98 ? ... ??? ......

IF SO then I am THE DOC that is Numba' ONE on that "list" now ... ....

....with my 500" RWD Caravan !! ...
Posted By: DakFink

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 10:41 AM

I'll keep watching Grudge Races from the Dirty South!!!

I saw bits and pieces of this show while I was home. Needless to say it wasn't good enough for me to actually sit down and watch.

Best part of the show was seeing the cars not the people.

Again as said a BUNCH of times it's TV (dramatized and staged)

At least with the Grudge Racing it's Not staged drama. Just good ole smack talking and Legal Racing at the track with REAL money being thrown around. And not just by the racers, Side bets and all that go with them are just as entertaining.

Not once did I see any CASH on that TV show. (Maybe I missed it?) Heard a bunch of talk of $$$$ but never saw the Green!!

As far as Moonshiners; Tim did get a Visit from the guys in Uniform and had a nice long conversation that he and the Network had some explaining to do. IIRC the first episode of season 2 he mentioned it. Not sure the details but they continued the show. Easy to substitute 'Shine with water for a TV show and not a thing they can do about it.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 01:59 PM

I'm amazed someone has not beat the crap out of farmtruck's sidekick. That dude is annoying.

Anyone that gets suckered by the farmtruck on the street obviously does not have internet access. lol
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 02:27 PM

Farm Truck did beat the ricer and take his spoiler, but did you see how close the race was?

And is racing from a 20 or 30 MPH punch really a drag race? Not where I come from!

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 02:38 PM

Quote:

Farm Truck did beat the ricer and take his spoiler, but did you see how close the race was?

And is racing from a 20 or 30 MPH punch really a drag race? Not where I come from!

wonder how the farm truck would like to go from a roll w/ Dizuster once he gets his car figured out?? Anybody know how fast the truck is?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 02:43 PM

Plenty of vids of it on youtube. 10.20's is what I saw it run on one vid.

On the street, they are only going to run it hard enough to beat the other guy. No sense in showing your whole hand of cards...

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 02:51 PM

The truck ... ....probably one of the "genuine" vehicles on there ...

REMINDS me of my 68 Satellite wagon with a warmed-over 440 ... with a roof-rack(with 2 alum extension ladders) ....and the back end filled with empty huge cardboard boxes ..... sUrPrIsEd many people .... ....

But HERE is another FLUB on that show .... how do you STEALTH a vehicle like that in the OKC area ?.... THEN they claimed they make up-to 500$ a nite racing ? .... uNpossible ...

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 04:18 PM

The show is more fiction than reality....IMHO
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 04:19 PM

Just how many of you on here that have real Race-Cars have never Street-Raced?*?
At one of our Local tracks Phenix City,they have a Index race 4.70 & 5.50,with Pro Mods,Bracket Race,T&T each month.It is called the Fastest 1/8 mile Grudge Race track in the South.Guess which of these 4 races that draws the most Fans,and been doing it month after month,year after year? GRUDGE RACING!!!! The Fans Love for some reason seeing the cars parked in front of the Burn-Out Box in the staging lanes auguring 30-45 mins. before they line up and run!My Partners love to Grudge-Race so we do a little of it quite regular,but I want all the BS done in the Pits and when we pull out on the Track line up and race.You people want to see some Big $$$ put up or put some up yourself,bring $5,000.00 or more,put the word out you are looking for a $5,000.00 and up Grudge-Race,you won't believe how many will come up and start counting out $5,000.00 on the hood of your car. Now like some of the rest of you I don't think them Out-Law cars are as fast as they say,but I know all the people at ProLine Racing(engine in the Nova) been knowing Doug for many years and they build some unreal Turbo engines.
But don't for one minute think there is not some Big $$$ Grudge Racing going on.Down here Grudge Racing is the most popular racing of all.Now don't get the wrong idea about me,I'm just a Li'll Bracket Racer and Daymn Proud of it.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 05:09 PM

There's still lots of people who don't really get into the whole "internet" thing and are ignorant enough to think their stock whatever year Corvette/Camaro/Mustang can whoop up on an old Chebbie pickup truck.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 06:16 PM

Quote:

Just how many of you on here that have real Race-Cars have never Street-Raced?*?
At one of our Local tracks Phenix City,they have a Index race 4.70 & 5.50,with Pro Mods,Bracket Race,T&T each month.It is called the Fastest 1/8 mile Grudge Race track in the South.Guess which of these 4 races that draws the most Fans,and been doing it month after month,year after year? GRUDGE RACING!!!! The Fans Love for some reason seeing the cars parked in front of the Burn-Out Box in the staging lanes auguring 30-45 mins. before they line up and run!My Partners love to Grudge-Race so we do a little of it quite regular,but I want all the BS done in the Pits and when we pull out on the Track line up and race.You people want to see some Big $$$ put up or put some up yourself,bring $5,000.00 or more,put the word out you are looking for a $5,000.00 and up Grudge-Race,you won't believe how many will come up and start counting out $5,000.00 on the hood of your car. Now like some of the rest of you I don't think them Out-Law cars are as fast as they say,but I know all the people at ProLine Racing(engine in the Nova) been knowing Doug for many years and they build some unreal Turbo engines.
But don't for one minute think there is not some Big $$$ Grudge Racing going on.Down here Grudge Racing is the most popular racing of all.Now don't get the wrong idea about me,I'm just a Li'll Bracket Racer and Daymn Proud of it.

I'm not debating which draws more crowds...I've raced with no one in the stands ...But I think alot of it is the "drama"...heck I watch ndacuts videos...they are histerical. But..the real issue here is this show promotes a light of dragracing most of us have grown out of and don't agree with. Hopefully we won't be hearing of lawsuits filed by parents of children who say "I learned it on the Discovery Channel"

Oh..and these cars are a heck of a lot faster and more unpredictable then what we raced on the streets thirty (ouch) years ago..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 06:37 PM

Quote:

Oh..and these cars are a heck of a lot faster and more unpredictable then what we raced on the streets thirty (ouch) years ago..

You said a mouthful there!

Can you imagine taking any of these things back in time by 30 years?

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 06:46 PM

THIRTY years ?.... some old GEEZERS here have been doing it for FIFTY !! ...
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 08:12 PM

My streeter went 11 teens through the mufflers in 1977. Drove raced it all over dfw. That was thirty something years ago. My guess the street racers of today are much faster. The trailered race cars were easy pickings back in the day. They usually could not get it done on the street.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/25/13 09:48 PM

Those were the "Good O'll Days"

Eric as for the stands being empty,the way most of these people act now I prefer them that way.

As for the Street Grudge racing we don't do any of that.But I'm just finishing up a Street car to Cruise around and play a little in,and you can bet your BeHind won't none of them rice burners are them young Punks that Granny & GrandPaw have bought them new mustangs & camaros beat me at the traffic light are any place else.

PS back in 1977 I had a 67 Cornet R/T 440 with a STR-14 intake with 2 750 DP Holleys,Isky cam,Hedman headers,18 spline(Hemi)4-speed,Dana 60 posi with 3:90 gears.That was the only car I had,so I know all to well what some of you are talking about.After I got married my Parents who hated any kind of racing,give us their car(and brought them a new one)so I could make the R/T an all out Race-Car and quit driving it on the street!Them along with most everyone else in the Town wanted me to stop driving it on the street.
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/26/13 05:53 AM

I thought it was ok for what it was... a show. I love heads up anything.That's why when I go to the track it's on a test & tune night. Heads up in the lanes, Do I get my but whipped or do I toast a ricer..I don't ask people "Do you want to bracket race"? anyway..

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/26/13 06:54 AM

Quote:

Yep they should find a way to put those events on TV. NDACUT does a pretty decent job of it themselves on YouTube.

I've known of one of the legends of that circuit of racing; Mike "Hitman" Hill from back when he used to race a Blue Hatchback Mustang at HeadHunter's Motorcycle Club 1/8 mile track in Eatonton Ga.

No count Outlaw track in the middle of the Ga. Woods that was always packed every Wednesday night, and you never knew what was going to show up to race.

Today's street-racing as they portray it on that show just isn't worth it. Not like back 15+ yrs ago. IF you got caught back then they MAY impound you're car until you got out of jail or saw a judge and paid your fines, then you could go get your car out of impound.

NOW they want to take the car and destroy it and throw you in jail for keeps.

Granted I do know of some that still do street race Because they have no choice if they want to race. (tracks are usually 2-3hrs at best from them) BUT they are smart about it. They go out on back country roads in the middle of no-where with only a few limited people they know that know about who, when and where everything is going down.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/26/13 02:36 PM

I wonder why they don't go further out of town to race? We NEVER even thought about racing anywhere around town. Always went a few miles out of town to places with no side streets or driveways.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/26/13 03:56 PM

Around here they go to the Industrial parks,in between shift changes.A few years back they had some 4-second cars (I seen one of them run 4.60's & the other car beat him)get into the crowd of people line up on the side of the road to watch!

As for Mike"The Hit Man"Hill is still around racing @ Phenix City,Lagrange,Selma and have has run a few times at special events @MMP.Him and Mr 5-Speed Edmon Hall still put on a "Good Show" for the fans.

Re: Street Outlaws Racing Show on Discovery Channel - 06/26/13 10:38 PM

I know!

I talked to the Hitman last night through Facebook.

OH and by the way for all else to know he has a $50K pay out race coming up soon.

Yes you read that right $50,000 to the winner.

Them Grudge & Pro-Mod Boyz don't Play around or BS!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums