Moparts

Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF

Posted By: BradH

Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 07:45 PM

Rant ON

It's the freakin' middle of May and, other than some small car-related "mini projects", I have simply not managed to progress any further in getting The MoPig back together than where I was around New Years.

Mentally I'm cycling back and forth between "Gotta get it running!" and "Oh, eff it all!".

Rant OFF
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 07:48 PM

i'm changing combo's and will be running before you

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 07:50 PM

Quote:

F*!$ you... and thanks, again, for the Crane Timing Controller!

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 08:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that was 3 years ago!
Posted By: Duner

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 08:00 PM

I can relate!

I'm sitting here without a transmission... that could be done and ready to install any day now. I'm just waiting for the phone to ring. I could be doing 20 other things to it that it needs, but I'm mentally stuck without it being able to move under it's own power.

Frustrated doesn't EVEN begin to describe it.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that was 3 years ago!

Yeah, well it's probably been about 3 years since my Challenger was running. I guess time flies when life sucks.
Posted By: MRMOPAR

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 08:16 PM

My 68' RR has been parked in the shop since 2004 - I have parts to finish the new engine and just can't seem to get up the energy to do so.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 08:46 PM

Try being 57 years old, hitting the track once or twice a week, helping your son once in a while so he can hit the track once or twice a week, porting a few heads and intakes so Friends can hit the track. Helping them dial in their combos. Keeping up the dodge diesel, motor home and car trailer in good towing condition. God I LOVE racing.

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/22/13 09:09 PM

I just turned 54 last week... had my 15th wedding anniversery in April... have a 12-year old son doing Tae Kwon Do (Black belt) and Boy Scouts, a 9-year old son doing Tae Kwon Do (High-Semi Black belt) and Cub Scouts, and a 5-year old daughter preparing for her first Ballet recital.

And a wife...

Free time is like free $$$ in a lot of respects, so "everything" is a priority, regardless of whether I think it is...
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 12:41 AM

I've had my Daytona 5 years and it is just now ready for the motor/trans to go in. I don't really care if it takes another 5 to get it to the track. It is all paid for. It seems to bother other people a lot more than me.
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 12:47 AM

I could rant a novel on this subject! I actually thought this year would be different.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 01:04 AM

I understand.

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 01:18 AM

I am kinda shocked by the lack of desire to get some of these projects finished and either on the road or the track. It seems like more and more of the guys here either never finish a project, finish it and head in another direction, or have to many projects and none of them get done. Oh well, back to work.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 01:27 AM

Quote:

I am kinda shocked by the lack of desire to get some of these projects finished and either on the road or the track. It seems like more and more of the guys here either never finish a project, finish it and head in another direction, or have to many projects and none of them get done. Oh well, back to work.

I hear ya... I work on mine every day I'm home..
should have been done but I ran into a engine problem
a few months back... should be on the road in 2 weeks
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 02:18 AM

I feel ya.. sold our house and moved Thanksgiving weekend, worked 60-80 hours a week at the paying job all winter and most of spring, spent all of my free time and ot money fixing up the house and building a new garage. Car has an inch of dust on it and the trailer is a mobile storage unit......Rant off.....

Randy
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 02:18 AM

What a bunch of whiners ( or is that wieners )! To hell with the old lady. Take out a second mortgage on the house and get busy! If the kids are over 3, they can watch themselves. - - - and, if someone comes to your door with some papers in his hand and you don't recognize him - DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR. - don't ask me how I know.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 02:33 AM

Lol!!! Ok, I feel better now!! Group therapy works!!!

Randy
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 02:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

a few months back
... should be on the road in 2 weeks

I asked you about that in your other thread last week, but you never answered me..

Chris..

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 03:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

a few months back
... should be on the road in 2 weeks

I asked you about that in your other thread last week, but you never answered me..

Chris..

Sorry I didnt see it... but some how there was a pile
of alum shavings in the engine somewhere(I think
they were in the WIX filter)... I washed the engine
3 times and I checked all parts that were alum and
didnt see anything... but after that I changed blocks
and put the parts back in with new bearings and rings
and had the pistons coated on the skirts... I dynoed
it and it made 550 hp and 520 tq... its in the car
and running fine

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 03:12 AM

Happy Birthday Brad
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 03:31 AM

i believe the way to go is,become a divorce attorney and advertise in the national dragster.you will be wealthy in no time,then you can simply pay somebody to do all the things you didnt have time for when you were married......
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 06:52 AM

Tell me all about it...

We just moved. It took me 67 days to finish the '66 Coronet 500 Convertible interior project and hidden stereo install, revive the '66 Coronet 440 model car that had been off the road since I was short pants, get the red Charger out of hibernation to move it to the new shop, sell a truck and our winter beater '66 Charger, and move all of the contents of our house/shop (Including something like 47 house plants, a 25 ton Dake press, etc.). I feel your pain. I know have a 24x48' pile of unlabeled boxes of car parts over, under and surrounding my cars and somewhere (god willing) all of my tools in mixed in there.

To add to the irony my friend that owns the machine shop keeps asking "when are we going to finish line honing those blocks?"

Jerk.

Stay calm, that is what I keep telling myself. This is simply a transition phase. A 15 year phase is all...
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 07:23 AM

Good gawd, and I thought I had issues, you guys make me feel a whole lot better about myself.
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 09:48 AM

My wife keeps referring to "When you move out" as she points out homes for sale along the road...........she knows that's the only way I'll ever get any car project done for myself.

And she's right.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 01:29 PM

I do what I can as money allows..I will not buy parts with a credit card! With any luck and no unforseen problems,it will be up and running soon!
Posted By: bentwheel43

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 01:56 PM

I been working on mine since July of 1990,It was a 1975 Duster,440,4 speed,323gear for $600 all that time later.All them moons past I still have this 511,4000stall,308 roller,456gear it just takes time and a smart head.

Attached picture 7716095-005.JPG
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/23/13 05:29 PM

Ok Boys it's been a long time since I've been here but, My turn.. I work out of state drive home on the weekends to a honey do list. I have a Son that is going to collage this fall a Grad party to pay for, with collage fees.. Trying to get to the track once a month is hard to do but I'm making dew. Maintaining a trailer/40' motorhome, and taking care of the soon to be wife. I'm running out of steam already.Only been to one race.

Back to work 200 miles away. But I have to say always make time for the ones that you Love.

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 09:27 PM

Sorry for the bump... approaching the end of the week and I'm having another spell of the coming on over all the same sh!t I started this post about.

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 09:30 PM

Attached picture 7725071-picard-facepalm.jpg

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 09:32 PM

Having fun two weeks ago.

Attached picture 7725075-_mg_5001byJennWilson.jpg

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 09:49 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the bump... approaching the end of the week and I'm having another spell of the coming on over all the same sh!t I started this post about.

You mean round 2... or is it round 22....

I'm pretty lucky that my wife likes cars... and she
knows when I kick off she will have another... or
she will sell it off for the coin(but this one started
out as her car when she bought it new)
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 10:51 PM

My junk is sitting in the garage with the engine and trans out of it since I was injured in a car accident in 2009. I do little things to it here and there and could probably have it running in a couple of days. Sometimes I start to feel enthusiastic about getting it out to the racetrack again, then I talk to the Neurosurgeon who has operated on me 5 times in the last 4 yrs and he becomes very good at letting the air out of my Sails. Oh well, went to a new quack this year and heading for another round of surgery in July. I am 61 yrs old and would Just like to get one more season in before I call it quits for good. When racing is in your blood it sure is a hard thing to kick.

Attached picture 7725147-008.JPG
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 11:00 PM

Quote:

My junk is sitting in the garage with the engine and trans out of it since I was injured in a car accident in 2009. I do little things to it here and there and could probably have it running in a couple of days. Sometimes I start to feel enthusiastic about getting it out to the racetrack again, then I talk to the Neurosurgeon who has operated on me 5 times in the last 4 yrs and he becomes very good at letting the air out of my Sails. Oh well, went to a new quack this year and heading for another round of surgery in July. I am 61 yrs old and would Just like to get one more season in before I call it quits for good. When racing is in your blood it sure is a hard thing to kick.

WOW, you`ve been throught the ringer for sure and sorry to hear this so you definately deserve that last go around and hopefully the new doc can keep your sails up and happy......... Our health is all we`ve got at the end of the day and I work real hard to stay healthy and in shape for the journey ahead...............stay strong.

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 11:06 PM

Quote:

how many here do you think would have ever thought they would live to 61?

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 11:25 PM

I never thaught I`d live to be 21.................
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/30/13 11:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WOW, you`ve been throught the ringer for sure and sorry to hear this so you definately deserve that last go around and hopefully the new doc can keep your sails up and happy......... Our health is all we`ve got at the end of the day and I work real hard to stay healthy and in shape for the journey ahead...............stay strong.

Thanks for the kind words Thumper...I was not looking for sympathy,just trying to get the message out to enjoy your life while you can. Do all the things that make life worth living. You never know when that day comes when you can't do those things anymore.

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 12:46 AM

You`re welcome...............so true about livin the best you can because any day could be our last.

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 01:02 AM

how many here do you think would have ever thought they would live to 61?

LOL... I never figured I'd make it past 30.. been shot
3 times, 5 heart attacks and a stroke... but it was my
younger days that was hard on me.. had a car fall on
me and crushed both shoulders and thats the worst thing
now days... had them both rebuilt but getting ready
to do them again and need a hip job... but I'm happy..LOL

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 01:18 AM

DAMN, You guys make me feel fairly lucky however I do get some gnarly headaches from all of the head injuries over the years but I guess it`s better than being cut on..........

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 01:24 AM

Quote:

DAMN, You guys make me feel fairly lucky however I do get some gnarly headaches from all of the head injuries over the years but I guess it`s better than being cut on..........

LOL... one of the shots hit me in the head... thats why
I'm so dumb... I use to get headaches till they removed
the metal 1 1/2 year later.... I'm good now.. well if
you can call me good...LOL

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 01:57 AM

Been shot at but never hit luckily..............

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 02:12 AM

Quote:

Been shot at but never hit luckily..............

My shots were all military when I was in Nam..
side, shoulder and the head... Im still walkin,
talkin and breathin ... I'm happy... unlike some
of my buddies ..... but enough of this... back to
Brads post

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 02:15 AM

I was shot at by a gangster here in the beautifull high desert..........You`re right, back on topic..........
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 02:52 AM

I have never been shot but... My advice to Brad is try to spend a little time every day. Whether it be 5 minutes or one hour work on it everyday.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 01:27 PM

We make plans, and shizit happens. Me, I take on too much, move slow due to various ailments, then don't put a new seal and bushing in the race trans and see it leak when I fired up the car yesterday. Smart on my part Then I go to check the differential in the 65 Dart street car I am building, and the whole thing is JUNK. It was run without grease, destroying the ring and pinion, and a wheel bearing. Nice, the boneyard where i bought it is 120 miles away! The great part is I can still get out racing when the wallet recovers, and that street car WILL get done, at some point
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 01:33 PM

Quote:

We make plans, and shizit happens.

No kidding,Greg! I took my intake down to Radars shop yesterday to get port matched. He had a foot of water in the shop the night before and didn't get anything done. I am going down this coming wednesday to help him. With any luck,I can get my junk done soon!
Posted By: radar

Re: Rant ON / =8^O !!! / Rant OFF - 05/31/13 05:10 PM

Another Radar huh?!

I'm in the same boat as many- only 35 but spent 6 months off this winter because some explitive deleted girl decided to turn left in front of me from oncoming traffic then panic stop.

Now I missed all the good wrenching weather and it's sweat city in Philly! I am also closing on our 1st house on monday, and have a 1yr old girl that needs a lot of time.

I try to put in an hour a day if I can and every couple weeks a good 6 or 8 hour thrash.

If you love it you'll make time, if not PM me to sell your parts cheap and don't tell my wife!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums