Moparts

Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs?

Posted By: PorkyPig

Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/17/13 09:13 PM

Posted By: BradH

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 06:55 AM

OK, I voted just to see the results... and I question whether you're getting legit data on how many people run "big name" custom carbs.

As many people on here who are so quick to endorse (or curse) Pro Systems, BLP, Dale Cubic, AED, et al, that seems like a lot more than 15% (currently 6 of 41 votes) must be buying "somebody's" custom carb.

Or maybe I'm mistaken and the majority of Moparts people are just buying $600 Proforms and calling it good.

And what about the fact that the # of people who voted on your poll is only about 1/4th of the total viewers? What, everybody else runs EFI?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 07:22 AM

I put in my worth. Although it is not completely accurate. We have tried a few of the bigtime carb shops stuff and it has been amixed bag for sure. For the street strip stuff and a lot of that type of stuff we do for customers we do them ourselves. But we also use a couple of the big name shops. We have been very happy with Gary Williams and Bob Book. I wish I could afford some Braswell stuff We haev also had some very bad results with a couple of shops as well.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 08:09 AM

I do my own so they are nothing trick or fancy but i rely on Quick Fuel for my parts and info.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 09:33 AM

I have always done all my own carb work. Ron
Posted By: gtsdude

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 01:24 PM

I have always done my own but thinking of running E85 and by what I have been reading buying one already done is the way to go. By the time you buy all the parts you have almost as much in the carb as buying a new one ready to go.

Attached picture 7672630-7453703-5N25H55J83Gf3F13ofc7ie2a7b0d1f84d173a.jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 01:55 PM

I use jts ( he is a few blocks from me ) he is the man who builds Butch Kemps carbs and some other well known racers.I also have Dale Cubic carb which is awesome.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 03:15 PM

I use a pair of Pro Systems SV1's,so I need to call them to make any adjustments untill I get the "hang" of them.

Attached picture 7672724-7.15.12(15).jpg
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 03:26 PM

Quote:

I use a pair of Pro Systems SV1's,so I need to call them to make any adjustments untill I get the "hang" of them.

Always did my own, but did use Pro Systems for my blow-through carb - initially. Make my own up / down adjustments from there. I'm happy with their work.

Attached picture 7672739-blowthroughcarb.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 03:41 PM

I sent my 1050 dom to QF to get changed over to E-85..
I was working then so the money was well spent since
I didnt have the time... 95% of the time I work on
my own junk.... the QF up date was the only time I
ever dealt with a carb shop
Posted By: skrews

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 03:43 PM

Ever since Holley brought out the Ultra HP line, I haven't found the need for custom wiz bang carbs.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 04:17 PM

I do my own also but get advice and parts from people smarter than me................
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 04:21 PM

I think there is a misconception that every one runs high dollar carbs because nobody posts up pics of average everyday looking carbs. The poor folks getting it done with common junk are a lot more common than the people who can afford the high zoot stuff for a few hundredths or maybe a tenth here and there but post up and say "I got an old 750 double pumper today!" and nobody cares, tell everyone you got a new SV1 and every one wants to talk about it and see pics and here the results.

As for number of views that is me checking back in repeatedly after voting initially
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 04:27 PM

I run a 75/25 Chuck Nuytten Awesome Stuff Bolt on and run...

http://www.chucknuytten.com/
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 05:01 PM

Outside of simple jet changes.. Al Alguire is the go to carb guy
Posted By: jg309

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 05:22 PM

try willys carb & dino shop, mt. carmil,il. the very best,just ask greg anderson or joe gibbs, 2nd to none
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 07:07 PM

APD, best I have dealt with.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 07:22 PM

I do my own. Been doing it for decades. I don't need every last hundreth of a second so why pay someone else to do what I can do myself.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 07:41 PM

I have bought custom built carbs. from a big name shop, one worked real well and another one didn't I have since bought and dyno tested a high dollar custom built 1050 Dominator unit against a stock Holley 1050 Doninator 9375 non HP and the stock Holley made more power and had a better BSFC I have also heard from several different really good machine shops with good dyno that they have seen the same thing on many different custom built Holley type carbs. The same size stock Holley worked better than the custum built units did I'm still in the dark about sone parts and theory on carb circuits but owning a wide ban helps a bunch on tuning the diffeent circuits in the carbs.
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 08:32 PM

Quote:

We have been very happy with Gary Williams and Bob Book. I wish I could afford some Braswell stuff We haev also had some very bad results with a couple of shops as well.

Gary lives about 5 miles from me! He built a set of blower carbs for me in '86. The Hemi has a set of Quick Fuel Dominators going on it.I have always done all my own tuning etc..
Posted By: dvw

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 09:19 PM

I do my own. And they're even the dreaded Edelbrocks.
Doug

Attached picture 7673109-475.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/18/13 10:18 PM

Quote:

I do my own. And they're even the dreaded Edelbrocks.
Doug

Edlebrocks and Carters are easy Yours are the fancy , very rare, dual inlet Eddy
Posted By: Augie D

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/19/13 12:18 AM

BIGS .. Good price too 750DP 4150hp

Attached picture 7673244-017(1024x768)(640x480).jpg
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/19/13 12:43 AM

Quote:

Ever since Holley brought out the Ultra HP line, I haven't found the need for custom wiz bang carbs.

yes, and now they have the gen III dominators that have further refinements

more carburetors have been ruined by being "improved" than any other cause

imho a properly selected and tuned shelf carburetor will suffice for the vast majority of racers
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/19/13 01:15 AM

I work on my own stuff and a lot of customers as well. I know Dale Cubic well and worked with him on a few projects. he is a very sharp guy and many of the people that I know that have high end stuff swear by him. I highly recommend Dale Cubic..

MB
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Moparts Poll: Who does your carbs? - 04/19/13 05:12 AM

Nickerson performance did my good 850 now 980. I just ordered a QF 1050 blowthrough carb.
© 2024 Moparts Forums