Moparts

Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update

Posted By: BobR

Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 04:34 PM

We did a little testing at the NMCA race in Bakersfield last Saturday. The NMCA west doesn't have an Outlaw class so we entered Pro-Street just to get a few laps in. The car was actually heavier than Cecil rules and was in legal trim using M/T 10.5W tires. After having some trouble throughout the early qualifying attempts we finally hit the sweet spot. Car went 6.17/230 quarter mile which is the quickest legal Outlaw run ever. Our 1/8th et was 4.06/190 which is the 2nd quickest in competition ever. The hemi is making some big power now that we have it all sorted out. Our next race in in Vegas PSCA April 26-28.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 04:36 PM

Talked to Jason yesturday and that`s awesome for sure was just patiently waiting for u 2 post............
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 04:41 PM

Well done!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 04:42 PM

wow,nice job Bob

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 04:57 PM

Quote:

Talked to Jason yesturday and that`s awesome for sure was just patiently waiting for u 2 post............

That was one for the ages. Probably the greatest thrill I've ever had at a drag race. We've been working our azzes off on this deal for the last 20 months and the changes we've recently made paid off huge. Nobody thought that a Procharged combo would run these kinds of numbers. We did.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 04:59 PM

Awesome numbers Bob. Saw the times on the NMCA site, good luck here at the next race. I will be in Boise racing.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 05:02 PM

That is really haulin the mail. Great job.
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 05:11 PM

Great job Bob, that is hauling the mail. Keep us posted in the future.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 05:55 PM

I'm not worthy
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 05:56 PM

Wow!! That is flying!!

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 06:21 PM

Now the rest of the story.
When the car went through the lights the flex plate came apart. A 6" piece of the ring gear severed the front brake line. Doug had no brakes. The chute was out but the car was not slowing down. Doug then dropped the trans into 1st gear. He slowed the car using the transmission but he didn't feel safe just leaving it in 1st gear so he moved the shifter back and forth between 1st and drive. He made the final turn at over 30 MPH but he made it. We were extremely lucky to get away with this one. Doug is a brilliant driver or we could have lost the whole parade. Back in the pits we saw the extent of the damage. There was another piece of ring gear lodged into the rocker panel. There is a huge dent in the frame rail. The flex plate inself is being held together by the torque converter as it is shattered. I just ordered a new Meziere Pro Mod flex plate.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 08:23 PM

There was significant puckering just reading that.
Change my above comment to " really great job ".
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 08:42 PM

Quote:

When the car went through the lights the flex plate came apart.

never good to hear about failure but with that performance level the outcome of this is something to be thankful for.

i'm sure the driver was like "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" ????!!!! on that one
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 09:38 PM

Man that thing is flying, congratulations. Sorry to hear about the problems but like other have said he did a great job saving the car. I know it won't take you guys long to have it out again.
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 11:19 PM

Quote:

When the car went through the lights the flex plate came apart. A 6" piece of the ring gear severed the front brake line. Doug had no brakes. The chute was out but the car was not slowing down. Doug then dropped the trans into 1st gear. He slowed the car using the transmission but he didn't feel safe just leaving it in 1st gear so he moved the shifter back and forth between 1st and drive. He made the final turn at over 30 MPH but he made it. We were extremely lucky to get away with this one. Doug is a brilliant driver or we could have lost the whole parade. Back in the pits we saw the extent of the damage. There was another piece of ring gear lodged into the rocker panel. There is a huge dent in the frame rail. The flex plate inself is being held together by the torque converter as it is shattered. I just ordered a new Meziere Pro Mod flex plate.

Guess you need to dial back some of that Hemi power, then you won't brake flexplates So there was more than just the intake tube that broke on that run.

That is an awesome job, just sad to see the record go to the west coast...

Bobr, Are you guys going to the Yellowbullet Nationals and the Reinstated Real World Street Nationals in Orlando?
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/08/13 11:22 PM

Quote:

I'm not worthy

It does sound like an excellent adventure.

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 01:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Guess you need to dial back some of that Hemi power, then you won't brake flexplates So there was more than just the intake tube that broke on that run.

That is an awesome job, just sad to see the record go to the west coast...

Bobr, Are you guys going to the Yellowbullet Nationals and the Reinstated Real World Street Nationals in Orlando?

The YB nationals is why we were testing last weekend. We are trying to get the car down the track at the Cecil rules race weight. We still have some weight to lose(we were 2700 pounds last weekend) but we are confident we will get within about 50 pounds of the 2600 we can weigh. We normally run at 2800.The blower tube did crack and we lost 2-3 pounds of boost all through the pass. Hard to say what the extra 60-90 HP would have done...either made the numbers better or blew the tires off somewhere.
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 01:16 AM

when you mentioned Cecil i thought maybe there was another, does this mean you're heading east this year?
Posted By: RV2

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 01:22 AM

Can you post some pics of the car please?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 02:01 AM

230 mph is going to make ANY shutdown area REALLY short!! Glad you hear ya all survived that one!!
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 03:08 AM

Quote:

230 mph is going to make ANY shutdown area REALLY short!! Glad you hear ya all survived that one!!

No kidding, Doug is the man

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 03:47 AM

Quote:

when you mentioned Cecil i thought maybe there was another, does this mean you're heading east this year?

That's the plan. Lot of racing between now and then but if we still have something to race we'll be there.

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 03:54 AM

Quote:

Attached picture 7660454-483272563_8tzzl-l(2).jpg

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 03:58 AM

Quote:

Woodburn Or. We were just getting the hemi combo sorted out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3idbdZtFVw0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 04:18 AM

WOW Just WOW
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 04:50 AM

Have any engine pics? Be cool to see. U runnin a ProMag?

Attached picture 7660550-CarPic2.jpg
Posted By: 440dart

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 10:53 AM

Quote:

Have any engine pics? Be cool to see. U runnin a ProMag?

Heres one I found

Attached picture 7660700-7474265-100_0538-Copy.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 12:12 PM

that's fast.
Posted By: Boosted

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 01:20 PM

Just WOW.....
Posted By: duster400

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/09/13 02:55 PM

Great performance. Sorry about the breakage. I hope I can get to the YB Nationals and see it run in person.

Anthony
Posted By: moparfan

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/10/13 02:08 AM

That's awesome, congrats. I hope to see you guys at Mission BC in July
Posted By: go green

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/10/13 04:13 AM

Come to Mission so we can pick on those pesky Moznik brothers
Here's a picture from a few years ago , I hurt my engine that weekend and Dale hit the wall and crashed his car .

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/10/13 04:44 AM

Are any of you guys going to Norwalk's Shakedown? Our motor-home spot is already reserved.
Posted By: moper

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/10/13 05:27 PM

Nice work to you and the crew Bob. And you guys should give Doug a new set of skivvies...lol.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/10/13 05:53 PM

You guys have had some interesting adventures in Bakersfield for sure. Glad it was not worse than it could have been..

Re: Sikora Racing Outlaw 10.5 Update - 04/10/13 06:38 PM

Quote:

You guys have had some interesting adventures in Bakersfield for sure. Glad it was not worse than it could have been..

We tend to be hot and cold at Famoso.
© 2024 Moparts Forums