Moparts

AJ take $50,000

Posted By: mopacltd

AJ take $50,000 - 04/06/13 11:54 PM

AJ tops the field in the K&N Challenge! Great job, AJ and crew! And a $50,000 check ain't bad either.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 12:09 AM

GOOD furr the J&J crew ... but 50-large is probably what they spend going to ONE RACE !!
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 12:37 AM

double up time!!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 12:38 AM

Sure did..just got home from the track..gotta love it.
Posted By: 1970Cuda

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 12:48 AM

Congratulations to the whole team. Wow they've gotta be on cloud 9. Great job. Looking forward to this season. It's turning out really good.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 02:29 AM

Congrats AJ and ream! Didn't Vincent win it last year?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 02:58 AM

Quote:

double up time!!

I like the sound of that.

Was there anything else Erica had to do if she lost???
Posted By: topside

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 04:53 AM

For those who didn't see it, AJ had to pedal his car in 1st gear but hardly missed a beat, and Erica's car had a problem and was just cruising after about 60'...looked like both teams gambled on their clutches due to changing track conditions.
Posted By: 383man

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 04:59 AM

Awesome AJ ! Congrats on the win. Ron
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 03:00 PM

I missed it, but glad he got the $$$$$ And the WIN
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 03:01 PM

Good for AJ and team!!
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 05:04 PM

Sweet! I missed it. What did Erica wager?
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 05:13 PM

Saw the race and am very excited and happy for those folks.........MOPAR`s back at it again hopefully............
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 05:23 PM

The first round sure was close... AJ was up against
Edwards.. Edwards got the jump at the line but AJ
squeaked by at the stripe with a .003 MOV....congrats
to the whole team

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 05:27 PM

Quote:

Congrats AJ and ream! Didn't Vincent win it last year?

Yes he did and got the 25K bonus for winning the race
on Sunday

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 06:22 PM

Quote:

to the whole team

1st round
GA beat Mike Edwards
AJ beat Jeggie
Jason bean V Gaines
ChipMonk beat Vince
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 09:30 PM

GO AJ!!!!!!!!

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

to the whole team

1st round
GA beat Mike Edwards
AJ beat Jeggie
Jason bean V Gaines
ChipMonk beat Vince

I guess it was against Jeggie... if that was the real
close race
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/07/13 11:12 PM

We are going to have a rematch of yesterday race !
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/08/13 12:43 PM

Well AJ!!!!
Them rubber cranks are really kicking some butt!!!
What is next? Add wieght to the Hemi cars???

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/08/13 02:30 PM

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/08/13 02:39 PM

Congrats to AJ and crew for taking home the bonus money
on the weekend win
Posted By: 74DusterP457

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 12:29 AM

AJ had a by in round 1 yesterday. JR Carr didnt make the call. Does anybody know what happened to JR?

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 03:43 AM

No oil pressure in engine sunday morning.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 03:47 AM

Quote:

Well AJ!!!!

...BUTT the Chubby carz are quicker and faster ....buttt uNlucky ..... Lady-Luck has been on the J&J teams side
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 12:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well AJ!!!!

...BUTT the Chubby carz are quicker and faster ....buttt uNlucky ..... Lady-Luck has been on the J&J teams side

I don't see where brand x is quicker and faster...A Mopar was low ET in every round except for 1 run by Edwards in qualifing that he could not backup in elims.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 03:04 PM

Allen will be swinging thru Moparts soon for a quick update......

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 04:16 PM

Thanks Tony. That's a pretty good reason not to show up at the line. Would be interesting to know the root cause some time.

Paul
Posted By: justinp61

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 04:44 PM

Not only did AJ take the cash he also has the points lead.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 05:33 PM

Heck the two fastest cars in the regular Pro Stock race was V Gaines and AJ with Jeg right there and VN right in it. V Gaines an AJ both ran 6.66 in eliminations of the regular race for the fastest. To bad V Gaines only cut like a .163 lite and lost as he was fast. So glad to see AJ step up and win the last race when he was not the fastest car and then win here twice and be the fastest in eliminations. Go AJ ! Ron

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 10:18 PM

The Chubbies have more MPH which means more horse power. They just seam to be out in left field with the set ups on the cars. I do know that if they get the set ups straightened out it will be a very interesting year in pro stock. All I know for sure right now is that with the Mopars kicking the chubbies behinds is giving me a chubbie.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 10:35 PM

Is Gaines in with AJ in the engine department? If he can cut some better lights consistently, he'd be right at the top too.

Congrats to AJ It's been good to be a mopar fan these past few years.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/09/13 11:27 PM

Quote:

Is Gaines in with AJ in the engine department? If he can cut some better lights consistently, he'd be right at the top too.

Congrats to AJ It's been good to be a mopar fan these past few years.

V. Gaines engines are from Madcap racing ..which V. Gaines owns...

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 01:48 AM

Quote:

The Chubbies have more MPH which means more horse power. They just seam to be out in left field with the set ups on the cars. I do know that if they get the set ups straightened out it will be a very interesting year in pro stock. All I know for sure right now is that with the Mopars kicking the chubbies behinds is giving me a chubbie.

...a chubbie ...huh ??....

LOOK what happened to Enders .... and Edwards ....

again .. it is good for the JJ boyz that LadyLuck is on their side

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 02:37 AM

Simple old saying..all the HP in the world dont do you any good if you can not get down the track...

AJ is getting down the track and with HP...
Posted By: greenmcode

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 12:12 PM

Quote:

Simple old saying..all the HP in the world dont do you any good if you can not get down the track...

AJ is getting down the track and with HP...

Jerry Haas race cars are kick ass...
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 06:59 PM

They are just going down the track, the HP and MPh goes to the chevys,, if they get it planted, Mopars are in trouble!
they are far short in the HP war.
Right now we can enjoy the ride, !
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 10:17 PM

Quote:

They are just going down the track, the HP and MPh goes to the chevys,, if they get it planted, Mopars are in trouble!

Me thinks you guys haven't been paying attention. I have not seen the numbers from the Vegas race but before that the Mopars MPH was either right there or just above most every GM except for maybe Edwards this year.

I swear you guys are like a bunch of wannabe GM nut huggers sometimes. Give our boys some credit, Roy Johnson is making some serious horsepower, one man, one shop, as compared to 27,000,000,000 GM engine shops!
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 10:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Me thinks you guys haven't been paying attention. I have not seen the numbers from the Vegas race but before that the Mopars MPH was either right there or just above most every GM except for maybe Edwards this year.

I swear you guys are like a bunch of wannabe GM nut huggers sometimes. Give our boys some credit, Roy Johnson is making some serious horsepower, one man, one shop, as compared to 27,000,000,000 GM engine shops!

PS 214.35 10/08/12 Jason Line - Troutman, NC
'12 Chevrolet

This was set last year !!PS 6.473 03/17/13 Mike Edwards - Coweta, OK
'13 Chevrolet this was set this year!
so yes paying attention!!

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 10:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PS 214.35 10/08/12 Jason Line - Troutman, NC
'12 Chevrolet

This was set last year !!PS 6.473 03/17/13 Mike Edwards - Coweta, OK
'13 Chevrolet this was set this year!
so yes paying attention!!

And what where the MPH numbers of the Mopars? We aren't talking two or three MPH here, at the most we are talking a few tenths. That is easily explainable and doesn't necessarily mean the chubbies are making more horsepower.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 10:58 PM

dm73 ......GEEtar's panties are ina' BUNCH !!

PLUS he ignores THE FACTS .....

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 10:59 PM

Quote:

dm73 ......GEEtar's panties are ina' BUNCH !!

PLUS he ignores THE FACTS .....

Don't confuse me with facts, this is still Moparts right?

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 11:04 PM

STILL haven't fixed that broken HUB ...huh ? .....

NO ONE here is more Mopar than me ..... but as they say ... it is better to be lucky than good. NOT saying that the JJ crew is not good ... but they have had a TON of LUCK on their side this year .....

...now back to your panties and converter hub "issues" .....
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 11:40 PM

You guys are incredible......last years Pro Stock CHAMPION..???? Allen Johnson...musta got lucky all season long.....who is currently sitting in " lucky first place" ?.....good Lord...that lucky guy again......he just continues to get lucky over and over again....and 4 out of top 7 points leaders are Mopars....again...lucky basta*ds....do you ever think about team set ups, aerodynamics, clutch set ups, TRANNY gearing and so forth....???? all the things teams need to know how to WIN races.....there is much more to winning than two tenths of a MPH....and in case you didnt notice...fastest MPH doesnt win everytime......how about smelling the coffee for once......and supporting our guys. We have a post commending one of favorite guys, a member who doesnt ever have to stop in here, but DOES...and all you guys do is say how slow he is.....again....incredible.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/10/13 11:58 PM

Oh CW .... OFF you go to AUTOGRAPH your posts with the FACTS ....and uNbunch those pink-panties ....

HERE is the NHRA take on the final run at this last race .....

Johnson is 8 - 6 against Enders-Stevens in prior events and Enders-Stevens is 2 - 1 against Johnson in prior final rounds. Enders-Stevens with a big starting line advantage, but then got real loose and had to push the clutch back in. Johnson with the win, this is second win of the season and the 18th of his career. Johnson with the win gets the double-up bonus as he also won the K&N Horsepower Challenge yesterday. That will be a $100,000 weekend for Johnson, $25,000 for the event win and $25,000 for the NHRA Double-up Bonus and then $50,000 from the K&N Horsepower Challenge win.

Now if him winning that race was NOT LUCK ...what was it ?

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 12:04 AM

...and CW ,,, where has anyone here said that the JJ crew is not good ? ..... and damn good at that.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 01:50 AM

Lucky my a$$
There are a number of things at play. First, who had lane choice? Face it, too many National Events are run on a one lane drag strip. That was Vegas last weekend. Tough. These guys are PROs. They are supposed to know how to deal with getting the bad lane.
And, guess what, as the day went on, the best lane changed! Look it up.
Luck? Maybe, but more likely Connolly took a shot with the set up knowing he had the disadvantage and his call on the clutch was wrong.
Just as easily, Mark could have made the wrong call and Allen shake the tires.
Erica had the light on our guy too. AJ was dead late and I am sure, while he was happy about the win, he was pissed at himself. The race could have just as easily gone the other way.
I won't argue against luck, but a competent team makes its own luck.
How many of you have ever worked on a Prostock car?
These cars are balancing on the head of a pin.
It's not luck that gets a Prostock car down the track consistently. It's attention to detail, following routines and making informed decisions.
Ask Allen the next time you see him and see what he says.
Luck is when a cloud comes over the starting line, cooling everything down just enough that you get the extra .005 you need to qualify after you've used every trick in the book.
Been there, done that.

Paul

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:00 AM

Quote:

Lucky my a$$
There are a number of things at play. First, who had lane choice? Face it, too many National Events are run on a one lane drag strip. That was Vegas last weekend. Tough. These guys are PROs. They are supposed to know how to deal with getting the bad lane.
And, guess what, as the day went on, the best lane changed! Look it up.
Luck? Maybe, but more likely Connolly took a shot with the set up knowing he had the disadvantage and his call on the clutch was wrong.
Just as easily, Mark could have made the wrong call and Allen shake the tires.
Erica had the light on our guy too. AJ was dead late and I am sure, while he was happy about the win, he was pissed at himself. The race could have just as easily gone the other way.
I won't argue against luck, but a competent team makes its own luck.
How many of you have ever worked on a Prostock car?
These cars are balancing on the head of a pin.
It's not luck that gets a Prostock car down the track consistently. It's attention to detail, following routines and making informed decisions.
Ask Allen the next time you see him and see what he says.
Luck is when a cloud comes over the starting line, cooling everything down just enough that you get the extra .005 you need to qualify after you've used every trick in the book.
Been there, done that.

Paul

MUCH of what you say is true ..... BUT LUCK played a big part in their win at LV .... and you even said it ....

...and the earlier round ...against Jeggie .... LadyLuck ...

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:11 AM

I had to confirm before I spoke .... AJ got on the tree by Jeggie ... but LL was on his side ....

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:14 AM

Someone must be smoking some good chit. Most of the time last year AJ was the fastest and this year even when he or other Mopars are not the fastest they are right there in the game. AJ has always been good enough HP and MPH wise to win even when he is not the fastest. Besides ET's win races not mph. And AJ was the fastest and had the most HP more then anyone else last year to win the championship ! And AJ along with some of the other Mopars seem to have the HP enough of the time to be in first. I love it as it has been a long time since Mopar has been good enough in Pro Stock to win at any National Event. Let me tell you I have waited around a good bit to see Mopar kicking butt in Pro Stock again. And I started watching Pro Stock before there was a Pro Stock. I remember when Ronnie Sox ran his first 9 second pass in the 68 SuperStock Cuda before Pro Stock started. I also remember very well how the Hemi Mopars Dominated and I mean DOMINATED the first 2 years in Pro Stock until politics made NHRA slow down the Mopars so the number 1 car manufactor in the US could compete in Pro Stock ! So yes they are doing more then good enough to win and I for one am glad to be able to watch an NHRA event and feel pretty good that a Mopar may win. I thank AJ and all the Mopar teams for staying with it and becoming winners ! Ron
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:20 AM

I thInK tHe resIn fUMEs Are AfECTing tHe DoCtOr.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:23 AM

The from MD and PA must beeez sharing a BIG BLUNT !!

THE FACTS do not support your assertions .....

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:32 AM

Am I the only defender OF THE TRUTH in here ?

I have met AJ ,,,,and talked with RJ some years ago about parts for his 62 ......

NO ONE in the world would luv to see AJ that E/S chick in every final more than I would .....

butt facts R the FACTS ....

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:39 AM

Quote:

I thInK tHe resIn fUMEs Are AfECTing tHe DoCtOr.

.....me thimks that Burger-guy from the Pitts has uNhaled tooo many of those Wayne County "fUmEs" from way-back-then ...and they are still in his system ...

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:50 AM

Quote:

Am I the only defender OF THE TRUTH in here ?

I have met AJ ,,,,and talked with RJ some years ago about parts for his 62 ......

NO ONE in the world would luv to see AJ that E/S chick in every final more than I would .....

butt facts R the FACTS ....

OK, facts are facts. Please post round by round times and MPH for the Summit crew along with AJ's and V Gaines's times and MPH so far this year. If you really want a laugh post WJ and Kurt's times and MPH along with it.

You guys really do take the cake around here. I bet they aren't talking like this on the Chevy sites. "Yeah those Mopars are really kicking our asses this year, just like last year, but hey we got more MPH than they do."

A word comes to mind that describes a feminine hygiene utensil.

BTW you have plenty of time as I'm going to bed with my GF!

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 03:28 AM

Quote:

A word comes to mind that describes a feminine hygiene utensil.

BTW you have plenty of time as I'm going to bed with my GF!

OMG GEEtar ..... and BTW 2 U .... to see these two statements back-to-back is most dIsTuRbInG !! .....

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 03:56 AM

By your reasoning, anytime someone wins a race, it's due to luck, not skill, or the fact we're dealing with incredibly complex mechanical equations.
I never said AJ won a round due to luck in my post either.

Paul

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 04:02 AM

Quote:

By your reasoning, anytime someone wins a race, it's due to luck, not skill, or the fact we're dealing with incredibly complex mechanical equations.
I never said AJ won a round due to luck in my post either.

Paul

I am NOT SAYING THAT AT ALL.... just that lately LL has played a big part of their success ... going rounds and winning races.

And I will bet that Enders, Anderson and Edwards WISH they had HALF the LL that AJ has had.

And the JJ team is a very talented bunch of guys .....

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 04:04 AM

Puff, puff, pass.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 04:06 AM

Quote:

Puff, puff, pass.

Yeah ...pass-it-now to Paul ...

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 04:12 AM

I suppose all the years Greg Anderson was winning was due to luck?

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 04:20 AM

Quote:

WHERE do you come up with that question ? .....

GA might have had some "secrets" like the Wayne County Boyz had way-back-when ....... details OF THAT can be gotten from the Burger-Guy who just passed-you-his-fattie ....
Posted By: jyrki

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 07:36 AM

I agree with doc, J&J has been lucky this season. Last season they had the best performance, but up until this point, this season, I would say not. For a long time they have been making good power, but previously has not been extremely lucky. By which I mean, that if they have had less than a specatcular run, the opponent has succeeded. This season, when they have occasionally done a little worse, the opponent has done that even more. This far Edwards has had the best car performance, V Gaines, Summit guys and the J&J cars and maybe Gaganazzi racing has been slightly below that. BTW, is it true that Edwards still runs a DRCE2 engine?

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 12:03 PM

Quote:

It had to be!! Because if you check back most of the time AJ was turning better MPH
Posted By: toddd

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 12:27 PM

Some of you guys are amazing.....It's not the quickest or fastest car that always wins, it's THE best prepared car for that ROUND given the current racing conditions.

From some of the comments posted you ladies must race 17 second cars.

We finally have some Mopar wins , and it turns into a slag fest!....once again...sad.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 12:27 PM

Doc, you need to put the crack pipe down. Luck implies "chance". Playing the odds. I'm not saying that there are times when luck comes into play, it does. Like when a part fails, that's normally beyond human control. Or when a driver who normally cuts .04 lights suddenly cuts a .00 light to defeat their opponent, and then loses the following round on an .04 light.
I do not call it luck when one team chooses the better lane because they ran the quicker ET, and the other team is put in the compromised lane.
I do not call it luck when the driver with a quicker car loses a race to another driver who cuts a better light.
Again, is Luck a factor in drag racing? Most definitely. I contend drag racing is much more skill and experience (and $$$), than luck.
Was Luck the reason AJ won last weekend? Nope. Lane choice was. Look at how many cars won from a particular lane.
NOW, if lane choice was made by coin toss, or pulling a card; THAT would be a LUCK factor my resin sniffing friend.
As far as GA using Nitrous when he was dominating? Yeah, you go right along believing that BS. Try making that accusation to Jason some time off track premises and see how long you are standing.

Paul

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 12:29 PM

Quote:

I agree with doc, J&J has been lucky this season. Last season they had the best performance, but up until this point, this season, I would say not. For a long time they have been making good power, but previously has not been extremely lucky. By which I mean, that if they have had less than a specatcular run, the opponent has succeeded. This season, when they have occasionally done a little worse, the opponent has done that even more. This far Edwards has had the best car performance, V Gaines, Summit guys and the J&J cars and maybe Gaganazzi racing has been slightly below that. BTW, is it true that Edwards still runs a DRCE2 engine?

Edwards performance was not better than AJ at Las Vegas. He takes a shot with the setup in qualifying,can never duplicate it in elims. AJ had a lower ET in EVERY ROUND of eliminations. I don't know how this equates to Edwards having better performance.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 12:45 PM

People don't understand just how competitive ProStock drag racing really is. There is no other type of Motorsport that competes 16 cars, who's ET (qualifying time if you will), that are within .06 routinely. I've seen fields where the spread was as small as .045.
That is close!
Like I said yesterday, these cars are balancing on the head of a pin in terms of traction. 1/2 gram on the clutch, moving one pound of ballast, 1/4 PSI of air in the tire, 1/8 inch clearance on the wheelie bars can be the difference between winning and shaking the tires.
Teams that are successful collect, understand and use every bit of data they can. Why?
They want to eliminate unknowns and things that might have been out of their control.
As you correctly stated, HP is one thing, making the call during qualifying that wins the pole is another, and making the right call at noon on Sunday is another thing still.
Personally, I despise the large number of "one lane" tracks. In reality, the lanes are prepped very, very well. It's the nature of the cars these days that make it look like lane prep is a problem a lot of the time.
One Lane racing is why I have lost interest in the Fuel classes completely, besides all the fabricated media drama.
I can tell you, most drivers would rather run a side by side race, than a bye. These guys are competitive as hell.

This horse has been beaten bloody

Paul

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 12:46 PM

Las Vegas eliminator was an exception. Edwards has been #1 qualifier in all races, and he has averaged about 1 mph better speed than the mopars, so I think his car has had a performance advantage. Just like AJ did last season. These situations may change quickly, and in the end it's not that important, although it gives you a better chance to win. I don't see any harm in facing the facts, at the moment the mopars are doing very well in the points.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 02:32 PM

Quote:

Some of you guys are amazing.....It's not the quickest or fastest car that always wins, it's THE best prepared car for that ROUND given the current racing conditions.
From some of the comments posted you ladies must race 17 second cars.

We finally have some Mopar wins , and it turns into a slag fest!....once again...sad.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 04:57 PM

Slag fest ? .... ...not from THIS side of the peanut gallery ......

Now to Dust-Pan-Paul .... you need to chill .... and again what you say about PS being super-competitive ? ... very true. Some of the rest though ..... sounds like you finished-up Burger-Guy's fattie ...and fired-up aNUTTER one ...

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 05:34 PM

Quote:

I never said a word about luck. I stated the facts! AJ was dialed in last weekend. Everyone else was chassing their tails trying to get down the track. By the end of the day the best team & car now have really big checks to deposit in the bank.

As far as the "other cars" having more MPH.....
9 out of 10 times yes this true, however it could be a part of the fact that the set up on the car is so f'ed up. I do recall a few years back The Summit Team changing the set on the car with intension of setting a new national record for MPH during qualifing only to find out thier is no bonus points for setting the MPH record. If recall he was about .15 or more slower than the rest of the field but had almost 4-5 more MPH than then #1 spot.

With all teams having thier cars dialed in this year it is going to be a slug fest on the track in pro stock. Right now the best team & car is # 1 in points & I have no dought that by the end of the year things are going to get tighter and it will be a great year to watch the 45 minute delayed start of racing on ESPN2 and see that #1 stay on that Blue & White car!! or maybe that yellow & blue one, or the Nobile car..... LOL

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/11/13 11:15 PM

Go to www.WFORadio.com/archive/clips/20130409-allen johnson.mp3.

Listen to what Allen says about lane choice at Las Vegas.

Listen to what Allen says about his crew and consistency.

I know you're just breaking my chain Doc. If you'd riled me up, you'd know it.

Paul

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 12:41 AM

MPH don't win drag races, ET and RT do.

GO AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 02:21 AM

Quote:

MPH don't win drag races, ET and RT do.

GO AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

......roger-dodger ....and a little-bit of LL on-yurr-side 2 !!
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 02:28 AM

And I brought this on to congratulate the whole Johnson team and it has turned into this!

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 02:32 AM

THIS ? .... is not a DISS at all....at least from me it is NOT ...

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 03:19 AM

Dr. Flabbergass doing what he does best.

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 03:23 AM

Quote:

Dr. Flabbergass doing what he does best.

.... you got it Burger-Guy ..... just stating the FACT ... Jack

NO 4 me ....

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 03:57 AM

Let me add .....

If AJ ever comes on here (and thinks in-any-way what I have said is interpreted by him - he is the total judge of this) ..... is any type of diss at him or any member of the JJ team ......

.. I will publicly apologize ......

Re: AJ take $50,000 - 04/12/13 05:16 PM

I don't think there is much conflict in these opinions or especially about the support for the mopar teams. Luck as a term of course is aaomewhat wrong in professional racing.

However, staring at the strict performance numbers this season so far, you can't say that the mopar teams have a small performance edge edge. Last year it was definitely different. The differencies are so small that it can easily change during the season.

Basically, if you are at the top and have a performance edge, you might be able to even slightly soften the tune up, and stay out of trouble. On the other hand, the opponent has nothing to loose, and occasionally he, or she succeeds.

The competition and performance over all is very even, so practically no one can be safe, they have to push the edge every run. And that means that even with the best people you sometimes fall over the edge. That iswhere the luck comes in to play; did the oppenent do the same thing in the same run, or did he/she succeed better than ever? I feel that this season so far the luck has been on our side, for manhy years thinking AJ, it wasn't. He lost a lot of runs that he should have handled, wether it ws the tune uo, wether it was the driving (all the drivers vary), or something else, he usually didn't win decause of "luck".

And still to my first question; is Edwards still running a DRCE2 instread of DRCE3?
© 2024 Moparts Forums