Moparts

C12 racing gasoline

Posted By: savoyracer

C12 racing gasoline - 04/01/13 01:23 AM

Just paid 13.00 a gallon for a barrel of C12 from VP. It is going in a SS/LA car for NHRA class racing. My question is this, What do I need this expensive fuel for? Is it required by NHRA? Does it provide a HP boost? Can a simple 110 octane do the same job? And pass NHRA fuel check? Looking for answers, the NHRA rule book is no help, and VP website does not help.
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: C12 racing gasoline - 04/01/13 02:23 AM

go to NHRA's web site, there are others race fuels that will pass tech. Dyno
Posted By: loaderpro

Re: C12 racing gasoline - 04/01/13 02:24 AM

I would think the only reason you would need it is for a higher compression engine, but you need to check the rules for Super Stock and see what thay want, It will be checked. Gen regs, page 281 under fuel, 1:6
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: C12 racing gasoline - 04/01/13 05:20 PM

if your running a class where fuel can be checked, i would buy it at the event. i know of some guys who bought a drum before a race and they got checked and the passes got kicked.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: C12 racing gasoline - 04/01/13 05:34 PM

FWIW C-12 is the best approved fuel for Stock & SS as far as storability and repeatability. Sunoco and some of the Rocket blends are a little cheaper but do not do as well from what I have seen. I run C-12 for the most part unless there is a heads up then the C-11 goes in. It's pushing 18 a gallon now but is .03 quicker and has a short shelf life.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: C12 racing gasoline - 04/01/13 05:45 PM

I use to race a NHRA stocker, it liked the VPC12 more than it liked the local SO CA brand,Daeco, that I ahd been using until I went to the World finals and ran out of the daeco and bought and started uisng the C12. VP makes many differnent race gas mixtures, C10,C11,C12, C16,C23 and so on. Your motor, depending on compression ratio and RPM range, may like one more than another, it may like C11 better than C10 or C11 What motor, compression ratio and RPM range are you using? I have freinds that have done extensive dyno testings on a lot of thigs including fuels, amybe i can help on which ones they liked for their motors, if your running a Mopar motor that is
© 2024 Moparts Forums