Moparts

Pro Comp. Heads

Posted By: dare_dude

Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 07:21 PM

Got any info on them?
Posted By: sickhemi

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 07:32 PM

car will want to go sideways(chinese) when you bolt them on!!
Posted By: unknown

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 08:08 PM

Made in China.
Posted By: formula S

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 08:53 PM

I saw A set in vegas at the MATS that Mancini had on display,standard port victor 440 knock off
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 09:00 PM

Quote:

car will want to go sideways(chinese) when you bolt them on!!

LMAO
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 09:18 PM

This is what I googled. I have heard quality issues but I do not have any 1st hand experience.
http://www.procompelectronics.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=37081

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 09:44 PM

$725.00 for a cnc ported head
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 10:19 PM

Quote:

I wonder if there CNC machines cost $1000.00 or $10,000.00 US unlike a good 4 or 5 axis CNC machine made in USA that costs $100,000.00+ that will run 24 hrs.x 7 days a week for many years without loosing tolerances I ahev found that you usually get what you pay for in racing or high perforamnce parts, especially aluminum castings
Posted By: tjmarcus1

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 10:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if there CNC machines cost $1000.00 or $10,000.00 US unlike a good 4 or 5 axis CNC machine made in USA that costs $100,000.00+ that will run 24 hrs.x 7 days a week for many years without loosing tolerances I ahev found that you usually get what you pay for in racing or high perforamnce parts, especially aluminum castings

i was told some guy in california is doing the cnc program.

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/27/08 10:53 PM

cnc must stand for chin and chan the two chinese guys that port them

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 12:02 AM

cnc must stand for chin and chan the two chinese guys that port them
LMAO

I saw on ebay a set and they look like edelbrocks like all the copy cats today and had 2.25*1.88 valves in it
Posted By: Moparteacher

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 12:06 AM

It's my understanding they are made in Australia, or at the least the company is based in Australia.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 12:24 AM

Quote:

It's my understanding they are made in Australia, or at the least the company is based in Australia.

i'm curious why that's your understanding, especially since everything else they sell seems to come from the far east.
i can't say i've ever seen a good customer review on their mopar heads.
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 12:47 AM

I sell Pro Comps that are cnc ported that have a 2.20 int and 1.88 exhaust that will flow 350cfm. They are made in Australia but CNC ported and assembled in the USA. They go for $2100 and are a better casting than alot of US stuff.

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 12:54 AM

Quote:

I sell Pro Comps that are cnc ported that have a 2.30 int and 1.88 exhaust that will flow 350cfm. They are made in Australia but CNC ported and assembled in the USA. They go for $2100 and are a better casting than alot of US stuff.

why such a big valve.... wont shrouding be an issue...

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 12:57 AM

i understand the "loss of jobs" argument, but for a racer that's struggling to make his car faster, he's more concerned about his budget and his car.i will say this, the racers of other brands are using procomps and anything else they can get their hands on. that being said, i am looking at buying two sets. now who has the best price?

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 01:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I sell Pro Comps that are cnc ported that have a 2.30 int and 1.88 exhaust that will flow 350cfm. They are made in Australia but CNC ported and assembled in the USA. They go for $2100 and are a better casting than alot of US stuff.

why such a big valve.... wont shrouding be an issue...

Sorry typo 2.20 int valve
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 01:53 AM

It's not the "loss of Jobs" that upsets me as much as the Pirated Technology....Edelbrock spent a ton of R&D $$$$ for our sake to develop these heads at a still affordable price....Like much of what comes from overseas their R&D budget is to buy a set of Developed heads and digitally clone them.

Ask yourself....what incentive do companies like Edelbrock have to keep developing new products fopr us if within a year they are being mercilessly undercut in the marketplace by companies that are really nothing more than Industrial Pirates????

Rant over
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 02:05 AM

Quote:

I sell Pro Comps that are cnc ported that have a 2.20 int and 1.88 exhaust that will flow 350cfm. They are made in Australia but CNC ported and assembled in the USA. They go for $2100 and are a better casting than alot of US stuff.

How much $$ if I send you a set to port?
Posted By: hot67cuda

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 02:42 AM

I tried a set B S my ed heads were faster.I know 2 different bbcheavy guys that went slower with there pro comp heads.Send the junk back.

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 02:46 AM

Quote:

It's not the "loss of Jobs" that upsets me as much as the Pirated Technology....Edelbrock spent a ton of R&D $$$$ for our sake to develop these heads at a still affordable price....Like much of what comes from overseas their R&D budget is to buy a set of Developed heads and digitally clone them.

Ask yourself....what incentive do companies like Edelbrock have to keep developing new products fopr us if within a year they are being mercilessly undercut in the marketplace by companies that are really nothing more than Industrial Pirates????

Rant over

sometimes ranting is o/k. i see your point.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 02:50 AM

The new definition of R & D; "Rob & Duplicate"
Posted By: scottb

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 03:09 AM

Just another reason why our country is going down a bad road buy the cheapest $hit we can and call it racing on a budget let the american worker who put all the r&d in the edlebrock head send it oversea and it comes back a race head on a budget just remember the job you cost a american work might be yours so keep buying oversea $hit

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 03:13 AM

Quote:

LOL

but how do people get away with this stuff....

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 03:24 AM

Not that it matters but I have been to Edle foundry. I would be very suprised if all the workers were legal.
Posted By: 68DARTTURBO

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 03:30 AM

The heads are as good as you can get on a budget.Good for up to 6-700 horse and i will stand behind them all the way.I sell them and work with the guys form procomp very close.We are working on a spred port small block head that will change what we all think of big block vs small block in a mopar.If you could build a small block that can make 6-700 hp would you over using a big block.I think its why nobody builds that many small block cars because of the heads.We are fixing that as we speak,Just look for one bad azz sb head that will change the small block as we know it.And make that power adder motor pull even if not ahead of the FORDS AND CHEVYS in the usa.I will have something by the nats if not before

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 03:33 AM

[quoteWe are working on a spred port small block head that will change what we all think of big block vs small block in a mopar.If you could build a small block that can make 6-700 hp would you over using a big block.I think its why nobody builds that many small block cars because of the heads.We are fixing that as we speak,Just look for one bad azz sb head that will change the small block as we know it.

I think shady dell speed shop would have an answer for that comment....
Posted By: 68DARTTURBO

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 03:49 AM

Dont know him sorry

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 01:06 PM

Quote:

I think its why nobody builds that many small block cars because of the heads.We are fixing that as we speak,Just look for one bad azz sb head that will change the small block as we know it.

well he has a website. lots of pics also to copy from to give to Chin and Chan
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 02:58 PM

I don't know much about the heads, but I do know this: I have a Pro Comp distributor (made in Australia, not China) and...well, you get what you pay for. I also know that the company was sued by MSD for ripping of their design.
I've heard a few bad things about the heads (which I believe are made in China), but I don't have any first-hand experience. If you decide to buy a set, you'll pro'ly have to spend some money getting them right. But if you do the math, they may still be a deal.
If you're going to go Chinese, you may consider the 440 Source heads (NOT trying to ). The Edelbrock heads and the cast iron Indy SRs aren't much more money, and you may want to go that direction.
Good luck on the build.
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 04:40 PM

I'm just gonna sit back and

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 04:59 PM

Posted By: Harley

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 08:56 PM

Quote:

LOL
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/28/08 09:16 PM

Quote:

Does Pro-Comp sponsor anything or any racers?
If I was selling a product, I would put it on a few cars
and made sure I could back up what I say , like,
(a better casting than a lot of US stuff.)
Doesn't sound like to many people heard of them,
or would use them.

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 11:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Does Pro-Comp sponsor anything or any racers?
If I was selling a product, I would put it on a few cars
and made sure I could back up what I say , like,
(a better casting than a lot of US stuff.)
Doesn't sound like to many people heard of them,
or would use them.

They are on a some cars and a lot of test has been done. As far as a better castings goes, I have seen over 50 sets CNC ported without being porous and they are a good hard casting.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 02:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL

but how do people get away with this stuff....

they just do , china doesn't care about US patent laws , many comapnies have stuff made there and the places that make the stuff copy it to a degree undersell them right out the back door.

Northface skiwear is a prime example .
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 02:41 PM

They do it because the Chinese know we can apply ZERO political Leverage on them to stop it.

If we pi$$ them off about unfair trade practices all they have to do is HINT that they will stop buying (or even worse start Dumping) our billions of dollars of treasury bonds.

The USA is DEPENDENT on China, don't you get it?

If they (China as well as Japan and India) were to stop (or even slow down) buying up our debt our interest rates will SKYROCKET.....and soon, very soon, china will have strong enough of a domestic economy where they could "cut the cord" and be self sufficient (as we used to be in the 50's and 60's)...ask yourself what happens then??? We have no more leverage on China than a Crack Addict has on a Drug Lord.

Read the Book "Crash Proof' by Peter Schiff
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 02:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Very few good 5 axis (or 3 for that matter)CNC machines made here in the states. The best come from japan where we actually steal their designs and use their machines to make our inferior ones. Case in point, Haas uses Mori Seiki's to manufacture their machines..

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 04:36 PM

here's some interesting reading, comparing procomp heads to edelbrocks.
160+ hp difference???
Posted By: Runner

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 05:31 PM

ive read that companies ship the product from china to australia, then call it australian made and ship it to the states. dont know if thats true or not though.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 05:33 PM

I run a set of Pro-Comp rockers. When I bought them, the distributor I bought them from said that all the Pro-Comp stuff he is aware of comes from Australia.

So now I guess we have to hate the Aussies too, huh?

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 05:39 PM

i guess that's one way of getting around the true country of origin. some people feel more comfotable with products made in kangaroo land as opposed to china.
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 05:45 PM

Quote:

ive read that companies ship the product from china to australia, then call it australian made and ship it to the states. dont know if thats true or not though.

please post a link as i would like to read that also
Posted By: 572B1

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 11:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Very few good 5 axis (or 3 for that matter)CNC machines made here in the states. The best come from japan where we actually steal their designs and use their machines to make our inferior ones. Case in point, Haas uses Mori Seiki's to manufacture their machines..

I went to the usa in 91 and visited keith black racing engines and the cnc machine that finished all there blocks was japanese.I also visited childs and albert and they had an asian guy doing the quality control on the rods.

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 11:45 PM

Posted By: 572B1

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/29/08 11:50 PM

Quote:

Posted By: Dave64

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/30/08 03:02 AM

I get dizzy looking at her?

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/30/08 03:18 AM

Quote:

I get dizzy looking at her?

i thought it was just me
Posted By: Harley

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 11/30/08 05:39 AM

Me to. LOL! That's great.
Posted By: strokin73cuda

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 12/02/09 01:00 AM

Does anyone else know anything about these heads? I'm looking for 650ish hp while I have my car apart. They sure look tempting.Heres a question I sent to a head porter and the answer I recieved. (I have a set of Eddy rpms off of my 496 stroker they have had bowls
blended only. I would like to get as much flow as possible out of them
and still run them some on the street. What can you get out of them and
how much $ ?) (The answer was) (You already got the bowls done all i can suggest on them heads are as follows gasket match on heads and intake clean runners and blend everything and a 3 or 4 angle race valve job with a back cut on the valves and your looking at $500 to $600 on labor.I have anoher option since you have a stroker motor I have a set of fully cnc procomp heads that flow 345.6cfm @600 lift and they are sold for $1650 for heads, off set roller rockers, valve covers, head bolts, and valley pan.I dont think you would be happy spending this much money and not getting out of the heads what your looking for. I would be willing to help you either way you want to go.)
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Pro Comp. Heads - 12/02/09 02:46 AM

Quote:

pic...no workie.
© 2024 Moparts Forums