Moparts

Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT---Maybe......

Posted By: 68LAR

Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT---Maybe...... - 03/23/13 09:06 PM

FYI,
After contacting the Nat's and Passon Performance, it seems that there will NOT be a stick shift class again this year. Nat's say that they can't get any sponsors. Passon says that they were never contacted again, and he is "fed up" with the whole thing. He is out.
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/23/13 10:27 PM

I would not say not. I'm in the process with them of setting up the race. Figuring out payout and final details.

As Loboda says "Automatics are unwatchable"!

Andre
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/23/13 10:50 PM

Bring on the row boats.
Lets send them a petition by attendees that we absolutely need/want a stick match.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 12:29 AM

Quote:

Bring on the row boats.
Lets send them a petition by attendees that we absolutely need/want a stick match.

Im in with that! if i wasn't so miserable with row'in gears I would have one in my car.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 01:13 AM

If I had a good working place, a nice budget to get the real good trannies and HD parts, I'd have one too.
I can row 'em pretty decent once in a while.
I would be game to do what ever possible to make the STICK class be a reality at the Nats.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 01:28 AM

Quote:

I would not say not. I'm in the process with them of setting up the race. Figuring out payout and final details.

As Loboda says "Automatics are unwatchable"!

Andre

I remember when you came up to the Firecore50 trailer at the nats last year and I was excited to hear there was some interest in sponsoring the class
I don't think I will be working the nats this year so I will have time to race
Gus

Attached picture 7637647-5434258-READY2.JPG
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 02:06 AM

Man, I can't imagine: on the mat, without a rev limiter and side stepping the clutch with slicks. More power to ya'

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 02:22 AM

Quote:

Man, I can't imagine: on the mat, without a rev limiter and side stepping the clutch with slicks. More power to ya'

Stick racing does push all your "MAN" buttons (well most of them anyway) 10 years ago when I was racing all season I used a 2-step on the mat, car was WAY more consistent than old school "on the mat and let it fly"
Gus

Attached picture 7637727-savoyburnout.jpg

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 02:32 AM

Quote:

Andre,
I hope you're on top of this. I was passing along info that I had received first hand from the people I mentioned.
Like everyone that has participated in the STICK SHIFT class in the past, I really enjoy it.
When do you think something will be firmed up?
Will you post info here on MOPARTS?

Posted By: dvw

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 02:41 AM

Anybody want to sponsor a nice 64 Belvedere stick car? If I could afford it the push buttons would be in the trash.
Doug

Attached picture 7637770-P1090703.JPG

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 02:43 AM

Larry,
I've just been waiting for everything to get finished, in the next week or so I hope. I just didn't want to bring it up until confirmed. It is an important race I feel to have at the Nats, and has been a lot of fun in the past and something I think a lot of people look forward too.
If it all works out the idea is:
Winner $1000
R/U $300
3/4 place $75
Best RT- Set of Firecore wires ($100 value est)
There will be a trophy, lets say something with some nostalgia and if I get time, t-shirts for participants only.

Thanks
Andre

Attached picture 7637775-image.jpg
Posted By: d330

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 12:02 PM

Quote:

Larry,
I've just been waiting for everything to get finished, in the next week or so I hope. I just didn't want to bring it up until confirmed. It is an important race I feel to have at the Nats, and has been a lot of fun in the past and something I think a lot of people look forward too.
Winner $1000
R/U $300
3/4 place $75
There will be a trophy, lets say something with some nostalgia and if I get time, t-shirts for participants only.

Thanks
Andre

I've been racing at the nats stick race since the begining.. But, after buying a LQ trailer i have no intention of paying for a hotel room.
any chance of taking it to the monster mopar shows?

Attached picture 7638196-stickrace.JPG

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 12:08 PM

Quote:

Anybody want to sponsor a nice 64 Belvedere stick car? If I could afford it the push buttons would be in the trash.
Doug

Damm that car is NICE!!
I could sell you a jerico on the cheap..lol...

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 02:48 PM

Quote:

I've been racing at the nats stick race since the begining..

Scott,
Ya I know. You put me on the trailer 2 years in a row. I was hoping to get some revenge this year, but......
Quote:

Larry,
Winner $1000
R/U $300
3/4 place $75

Thanks
Andre

Looks too good to be true. Here's hoping that everything works out. With a nice pay out like that, there should be a pretty big turn out.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 03:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

Damm that car is NICE!!
I could sell you a jerico on the cheap..lol...

how cheap?

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 04:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Larry,
Winner $1000
R/U $300
3/4 place $75

Thanks
Andre

I've been racing at the nats stick race since the begining.. But, after buying a LQ trailer i have no intention of paying for a hotel room.
any chance of taking it to the monster mopar shows?

The same could be done at MMW Norwalk if Josh wanted. I tried to get something for Indy last year but my timing was late and I think Josh was super busy as is.

Having 16 cars pre-register I doubt will happen at any event. In the Midwest I know of maybe 8-10 cars that will likely show at an event. Like the Nats a good majority are just going to come from the random guy with a hotter street car/neon/viper etc... That pay as they enter the gate.

Too, thanks to Greg(oldiron) I see the purse going up.

Thank you.

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 04:23 PM

how cheap?

Bill your too old and frail to be driving a stick car...

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 04:44 PM

Scott,
Ya I know. You put me on the trailer 2 years in a row. I was hoping to get some revenge this year, but......
Quote:

Larry.your day is coming..Your a good racer, maybe when can meet up in norwalk this year..
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 09:34 PM

Ill run a stick shift class if you guys want.

Let me know.
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT *DELETED* - 03/24/13 09:57 PM

Post deleted by tboomer

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/24/13 11:16 PM

Quote:

Ill run a stick shift class if you guys want.

Let me know.

I want...... In the past I couldn't make Norwalk because of scheduling conflicts, but this year it looks good. I really like that track to....

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/25/13 02:20 AM

Larry if you're in I'm in for a stick class at Norwalk 10.90 index
I just hope we can pull up at least 16 cars for the field alot of the Mopar gear jammers will be in Maryland but we may get some of them that don't want to make the trip east.
Gus

Attached picture 7639411-mysavoy.jpg
Posted By: mloboda

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/25/13 03:30 PM

Andre, Hope you can make that stick class happen at the Mopar Nats.
If you do, I'm in !
This year it's a 340 destroked to 298 and a 5 speed. 10,500 rpm.
We'll try a high end limiter only.

Posted By: LAR_414

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/25/13 03:52 PM

Mike....

I'd love to take that for a spin. Can't imagine that kind of rpm and shifting. That's freaking great!

If there is a stick race at the nats, I'll probably run it too! Just got to see if I have room to bring my sticky tires. Hope they fit in the trunk for the drive out.
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/25/13 08:25 PM

I`m on the fence this year,only get 5-weekends off a year. But if the stars lne up I`ll be there

Attached picture 7640340-WinnersinColumbus.jpg
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 03/27/13 03:29 PM

Firecore Performance will NOT be setting up selling or making wiresets this year at the Nats.Sorry. . Please rely on our dealers for sales, pre-sales or parts. We will, however, still be involved with the race. Thank you for the opportunity.

Re: Mopar Nat's Stick shift race-------NOT - 04/01/13 04:31 AM

Just trying to keep this post alive until we get some definite answers, both about Columbus and Norwalk.
© 2024 Moparts Forums