Moparts

Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama

Posted By: dvw

Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/04/13 05:10 AM

Detroit Auto-Rama is next week. I figured I'd show the Belvedere One time before we beat it up. Of coarse living in Mi means snow and ice. My faithful 95 Cummins fired right up, good. It is a 2WD dually stick which means it gets stuck in frozzen spit,bad. Got my buddy's 4WD Cummins to pull me out,good. Tried to pull my 32'tri axle out of the 3" of ice,bad. I chopped out the ice, still stuck. We strapped both the trucks together along with the trailer out it came. Took it for a drive ,all good. End Saturday,day 1. Sunday a warm front must be at least 30. Next business to pull my supercharged Volare out of the trailer. Charge the battery, air up the slicks, crank it up, won't start. It always starts, except this time. Probably do to the fact that the upper blower pulley came loose during it's last trip to Norwalk. The rotors aren't rotating during crank with out the belt. Pour some fuel in the carbs, fire it up, quits. Another 15 minutes of start a quit finally runs long enough to make it to the shop. Did I mention the tool box drawers were open on the road trip so the tool box tipped and emptied its drawers. End day 2. Hopefully my 1/4 trim panels will be finished tomorrow so I can install them before move in day on Wednesday. Doug
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/04/13 03:26 PM

Wow sounds like a ordeal for sure.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/04/13 03:45 PM

I can only say that it will be the best mopar at the show.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/04/13 05:00 PM

Good luck to you guys and I`m sure you`ll get some fantastic responces and comments from that beauty...........THEN go beat the hell out of it!
Posted By: rollerfork

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 12:28 AM

Don't forget to post some pics of your car from the show
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 01:06 AM

Quote:

Detroit Auto-Rama is next week. I figured I'd show the Belvedere One time before we beat it up. Of coarse living in Mi means snow and ice. My faithful 95 Cummins fired right up, good. It is a 2WD dually stick which means it gets stuck in frozzen spit,bad. Got my buddy's 4WD Cummins to pull me out,good. Tried to pull my 32'tri axle out of the 3" of ice,bad. I chopped out the ice, still stuck. We strapped both the trucks together along with the trailer out it came. Took it for a drive ,all good. End Saturday,day 1. Sunday a warm front must be at least 30. Next business to pull my supercharged Volare out of the trailer. Charge the battery, air up the slicks, crank it up, won't start. It always starts, except this time. Probably do to the fact that the upper blower pulley came loose during it's last trip to Norwalk. The rotors aren't rotating during crank with out the belt. Pour some fuel in the carbs, fire it up, quits. Another 15 minutes of start a quit finally runs long enough to make it to the shop. Did I mention the tool box drawers were open on the road trip so the tool box tipped and emptied its drawers. End day 2. Hopefully my 1/4 trim panels will be finished tomorrow so I can install them before move in day on Wednesday. Doug

You're a better man than me!! If I had all that trouble/bad luck, there is NO way I would put that beautiful car in a trailer and tow it anywhere right now. I could only imagine what it would look like after the tool box fell into it, or it came loose from tie-downs, etc!! I would have to wait for the moon to change or something. Hope all goes well.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 01:38 AM

Spit shine that baby and go have fun with the Judges. Oh, I forgot, you don't need to shine that pup.
Just keep a keen eye for Mr. Murphy if you had such a awkward start to the week.

You'll need some Gold or Black velvet ropes and a few NYC bouncers surrounding the car because the crowds are going to be on it like White on Rice.

Best of luck.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 01:48 AM

Good luck with it Doug... hope you get best of class...
I will see if I can make it down there to check it out...
still on the road but we SHOULD be home tomorrow
Posted By: cbs

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 03:03 AM

Looking forward to seeing it all done and catching up .....we move in at 3.....luckily the Roush team picked ours up today....so we had a lot less trouble....lol....still getting it out on the snow and ice was a treat....

Rock
2008 CJ....

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 04:38 AM

My son brought the 1/4 trim interior panels and head rest tonight. Managed to get them wedged in. The fun began when I realized the front retaining screws have 1/2" clearance between the head of the screws and the cage. I was able to screw them in with a loose Phillips bit and a 1/4" wrench. To late to pick up the stanchions and carpet tonight. Tomorrows another day. Heck I've got until Wednesday night.
Doug
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 08:45 AM

Quote:

I can only say that it will be the best mopar at the show.

we will see about that!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/05/13 12:51 PM

Doug...Please get plenty of pics!! Your car is a piece of art on wheels!!

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/06/13 01:41 AM

Through the mud and into the trailer it went. The weather warmed up since Saturday so the grass was a little soft. We'll wash it off when it gets to Cobo. Those of you that are going this weekend stop by and say high. That way I get put a face with the name.
Doug
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/06/13 03:35 AM

Quote:

Doug...Please get plenty of pics!! Your car is a piece of art on wheels!!

have fun & best of luck

Rickster
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/06/13 06:28 AM

So it sounds like you are taking your car Also John???
Sounds like 2 Very Nice Mopars will be there.
Congrat's Guys and give them Heck.
We need photos from the show ALSO!!!!!
David
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/06/13 07:00 AM

Cant wait to see it in person, Saturday!

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/06/13 12:18 PM

Doug, look forward to seeing you.
Doug
Posted By: racerx

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/06/13 01:11 PM

Also it will be cool to see both car entering/exiting these events in video
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/06/13 02:03 PM

doug when you get checked in see what class they have you in. You should be able to get into super stock becuase the car can fit into (appear)ss/da. If you put into nostalgia you have some tough comp. Just a thought. Good Luck see you thursday.Jake
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/07/13 01:32 AM

Quote:

doug when you get checked in see what class they have you in. You should be able to get into super stock becuase the car can fit into (appear)ss/da. If you put into nostalgia you have some tough comp. Just a thought. Good Luck see you thursday.Jake

it wont be that tough i wont be there cuz i have to work .

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/07/13 02:33 AM

Quote:

David

Yes, the Black Demon with Team Detroit Racing.

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/07/13 05:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

David

aw your demon tonight John, I like it. Sure we'll meet up this weekend. I'm across from the Mopar Semi display.
Doug
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/07/13 06:07 AM

All set up and ready!

Attached picture 7616473-IMG_20130307_000915.jpg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/07/13 06:10 AM

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/07/13 09:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

David

aw your demon tonight John, I like it. Sure we'll meet up this weekend. I'm across from the Mopar Semi display.
Doug

see you Sunday afternoon. gotta work fri and sat.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/07/13 06:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

David

I'll have to come check out your Demon John. My buddies are also in the Team Detroit exhibit. Victory Dave has two with his fairlane & Dragster & The Beebes's with the green Chevelle.
Posted By: rbj

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/09/13 04:31 AM

Well it's not the first time I have seen this car, Doug is my neighbor. I have seen it from start to finish . So I have to say that it looks even better under the big lights. Picture don't do it justice. Ted smith paint & body work is top notch as alway. Enough of that now,Doug says its not a show car it's a race car. so the next thing the paint job needs is some rubber on the quarters.

Attached picture 7618972-0.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Lickity Splits journey to Auto-Rama - 03/09/13 04:37 AM

I'm gonna check it out tomorrow
© 2024 Moparts Forums