Moparts

My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video

Posted By: StyleElements

My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 10:50 PM

If a moderator could pin this thread that would be great. I spent a lot of time on this and want a lot of people to see it.

I just finished my Gary Davis tribute video for our Gary section of our website, and I thought I'd share it with you all. I could link you to the youtube, but at the risk of people saying I'm site pimping, I'm linking to the tribute section of our website. There is back story there, and a guestbook that people can write storys about Gary or leave him a message.

Warning: the first part of this video has news footage of the accident that may be hard for some to see.
http://unlawfulracing.com/9.html

This may belong in the general section, but seeing how Unlawfl's Race Only is named after him, seems it should go here.
Posted By: FY1TA

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 10:58 PM

I still think of him every time I start my Cuda as he built the stroker that's in it .

Attached picture 4838742-P1010007.JPG
Posted By: BENCHRACER

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:14 PM

That is very, very nice....GREAT JOB
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:22 PM

Posted By: Prostock

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:25 PM

Quote:

That is very, very nice....GREAT JOB

I agree. I miss the cookouts we used to have, all the fun times at the nats and Norwalk.

Gary was a good guy, and the world is a worse off without him being here.

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my Mom's death. I am having trouble as it is. I just completely fell apart watching that. It is a fine tribute though.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:48 PM

Quote:

I just completely fell apart watching that. It is a fine tribute though.

I was afraid of that. both my moms parents just died and she fell apart too watching it. it's an emotional video that will add to any sad emotion you're already feeling. sorry about that

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:50 PM

seeing that got me choked up. Gary was a great guy. he was part of our enginemasters team and i got to know him pretty good. i think about him often and hope his family is doing okay. very nice job on the video.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:53 PM

Quote:

I still think of him every time I start my Cuda as he built the stroker that's in it .

that date put a lump in my throat... he was gone days later
Posted By: Bubba

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:56 PM

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of OD. I've lost both parents, Mom 8Years ago, and Dad 1Year ago, and I can still say that Garys' death was the worst thing I have ever tried to deal with. My advice to ALL of us is to tell your friends exactly how much they mean to you... every chance you get, Regardless of sounding wierd or strange... You never know when you won't have that chance. . . . Bubba
Posted By: FY1TA

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/25/08 11:57 PM

He was gone before I got to pick it up . Todd helped finishing it .

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:03 AM

bubba did you like my video i made for you

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:12 AM

Darren, Kris just commented on how good your doing with the video thing. You Irons boys do some real cool stuff. . . Thank you for Garys' Video, I haven't got that worked up in along time.

My video was killer... You did good Dude... I'll give ya a big kiss on the mouth for that... Thanks..

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/26/08 12:21 AM

Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:22 AM

I have to say that was a great video and web site. I never knew him and it put a lump in my throat. my sympathys to those that did know him.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:23 AM

I wish you guys with all these great stories of Gary would post them on the Gary Guest Book on my site so they are saved for people to read for years and years
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:29 AM

Well done and very moving. It's still hard to believe he's gone.
Posted By: stickman

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:42 AM

I never had the pleasure of meeting gary in
person but I got to say that video tore my heart out. Great job & a great tribute.
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:44 AM

Nice tribute

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/26/08 12:54 AM

Posted By: tpabayflyer

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:55 AM

Nice job... TBF
Posted By: ProSport

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:55 AM

Nice video, I only got to hang around Gary a few times and he was already one of my best friends. One day at the Norwalk Chrysler Classic he handed me his keys and told me to cruise his Challenger around the pits, great car built by a great guy.
Posted By: earlybee

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:58 AM

Good Job
Posted By: Cudahlr

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 01:28 AM

Bravo! R.I.P.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 01:55 AM

I miss Gary every day! i fondly remember talking to him for at least an hour only days before his tragic passing.

sure, we talked about cars...a lot, motor theory especially but that's not really what we keyed on, mostly what I remember is talk of loved ones and what family and friends meant to us and how this Hobby of ours means very little without the people to share the experiences with.

Beautiful Tribute

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/26/08 01:55 AM

Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 03:58 AM

WOW...I only knew him through this board and that video choked me up...knowing how much his car meant to him did his wife keep it?
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:08 AM

Very nice tribute video.

Gary rides with me as well

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:13 AM

Quote:

Very nice tribute video.

Gary rides with me as well

Hey cool, you got that sticker from me

Posted By: DemonDust

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:17 AM

Quote:

Yes I did. One for each side. The stickers are awesome! And for the price everyone should have them.

Great job!

Thanks again

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes I did. One for each side. The stickers are awesome! And for the price everyone should have them.

Great job!

Thanks again

Awesome I'm glad you like them
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:27 AM

how is his family doing? anyone know?

I never met him, but like everyone else on here, felt like he was a very close friend.

I recall a white castle eating contest that was supposed to take place at Carlisle 04. I was there. he didn't make it.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:28 AM

Quote:

Amazing ...I'll never forget the smile on Gary's face when I told him I had chicken wings at Norwalk... ...ear to ear...he must have had 20... ....Gone but NEVER forgotten....

Im pretty sure I was in that camper w/ you guys eating those wings at NORWALK 2003.

Great Job on the vid. Gary was a true class act.

Ask Russ if he has the video of Gary and I racing Norwalk Classic 2003 " Dueling Doughnuts" LOL GOOD TIMES !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: topbrent

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:54 AM

Beautiful tribute.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Amazing ...I'll never forget the smile on Gary's face when I told him I had chicken wings at Norwalk... ...ear to ear...he must have had 20... ....Gone but NEVER forgotten....

Im pretty sure I was in that camper w/ you guys eating those wings at NORWALK 2003.

Ask Russ if he has the video of Gary and I racing Norwalk Classic 2003 " Dueling Doughnuts" LOL GOOD TIMES !!!!!!!!!

Are you talking about this?

Posted By: topfueldart

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 09:35 AM

Great man, still missed terribly by many, including myself. The valve springs on one of our motors were Gary's.

We miss ya buddy.
Posted By: bobdog106

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 12:48 PM

Great Tribute to a fallen Brother! I am a fellow Officer with a Challenger with a 6 Pack hood. P.S I am odering the tribute stickers now.

Attached picture 4839818-Carina-hood.jpg

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 03:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks...thats it! If I could go back, I would have been better on the tree.. he handed me my a$$ on the tree.
Posted By: KatFysh

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 04:37 PM

VERY touching video and VERY well done. That is the 1st that I saw of the accident scene. That when I started to "well up"..

The day I met Gary was the day that I took the pic of him and Steff at the end of the vid. I also met Steff,Bubba and Chuck that day for the 1st time at Best Machine's old shop.

He wasn't feeling very good that day as he to take or already took one of his dogs to the vet to be put sleep,iirc. But he still took the time to meet me and be the guy that I thought he was from conversing with him off this site.. An AWESOME kinda guy.. He is and will be always in my thoughts.. I also have his badge on my Dak. I had one on my Cuda as well..

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 07:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks...thats it! If I could go back, I would have been better on the tree.. he handed me my a$$ on the tree.

i was just informed of where video of this is. i'll make a movie of it
Posted By: Butch

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 08:06 PM

I never got to meet Gary but form the stories I've heard he he was a special person. More people should be as kind and giving as he.

Daren that is a touching tribute to someone that will be missed in our Moparts community and God bless you for the tribute.

Butch
Posted By: GORacing

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 11:13 PM

Real nice tribute, and very very sad.
Posted By: whiskeyrunner

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/26/08 11:41 PM

that video was nice, he is truely missed. what did they end up doing with his car?

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/27/08 01:19 AM

Quote:

that video was nice, he is truely missed. what did they end up doing with his car?

His wife still has it

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/27/08 01:22 AM

Quote:

I never got to meet Gary but form the stories I've heard he he was a special person. More people should be as kind and giving as he.

Daren that is a touching tribute to someone that will be missed in our Moparts community and God bless you for the tribute.

Butch

Thanks man
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/27/08 04:52 AM

Fran and I went to the funeral, not as fireman and cop, but as friends. We were overwhelmed at the support from Moparts and cruising buddies. Someone saw our patches, noticing we were from out of state. Thats the least I've ever heard Fran speak,when he was interviewed. We were awestuck from the massiveness of love there that day. Thanks for the video. Where is his car ? He actully was one of the very first people I met from Moparts, in the Big Lots parking lot at the Nats. Thanks Fran. That introduction was one of the life-changing things that I will talk about forever.
Posted By: DAMOPARS

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/29/08 01:02 AM

Very well done, Gary was an awsome guy.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/29/08 04:25 PM

Great job on the video.

I just spent about 1/2 hour trying to come up with something eloquent to post on the registry, and failed.

I still really don't have any words to adequately describe the loss. I do have stories from knowing him but they've already been posted over the years here. The stories are an important part of my history and I've learned from my entire experience with Gary greatly.

Because Gary always treated me alot like a younger brother....even though he was a couple years younger than me....in every major life transition I've made since knowing him (alot has changed over the last handful of years) I always hoped in my heart he would be proud when I did something right. He left an impression on me that will last the rest of my life.

For those who didn't know him...consider, for a moment, what kind of person he must have been to have that effect on a grown man not unlike yourself.

I deeply regret not spending more time with him while he was around, and nothing has been the same since his passing. The world is worse off without him. RIP buddy.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/29/08 04:54 PM

Quote:

Great job on the video.

I just spent about 1/2 hour trying to come up with something eloquent to post on the registry, and failed.

I still really don't have any words to adequately describe the loss. I do have stories from knowing him but they've already been posted over the years here.

Just dig some of those stories up and post them in the Gary guest book if you can find them. They may never be read here again because they're lost in space. I'm trying to create an archive of stories so they will never be lost, and people can read them for years
Posted By: Scotts72Rallye

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/30/08 03:12 AM

Wow what a great tribute video. Gary was the reason I found out about Moparts. Daren I also purchased a sticker from you a few months back when my daughter was painting a mural for her high school senior project. I told you I'd send you a picture of it when it was done so here it is and sorry it's a little late.
Scott

Attached picture 4846929-Unlawfulgaragepainting004.jpg
Posted By: DennisH

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/30/08 03:30 AM

Great job on the Video. Difficult to watch.
Posted By: B1Frank

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/30/08 06:33 PM

Attached picture 4848255-CARSHOW2008318.jpg
Posted By: MoparDonny

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 11/30/08 08:13 PM

Good job on the video. I really hate seeing that kind of stuff though cause it makes me realize how quick life can be taken from any one of us. I never knew him and was a newbie here when he passed, I remember seeing the posts about the accident when I used to sign in on here from my Dad's computer. My heart goes out to his friends and family.
RIP Gary

Don.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/01/08 12:12 AM

All the time I have been on here I always wondered who unlawfl was... Great post...

Im gonna get a sticker or 2 ...

What year and specs of his challenger? must have been a nice ride to get into mopar muscle...
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/01/08 05:45 AM

Gary is deeply missed, He always had meaningful advice and was made an impact on many peoples lives. I can remember the days of him chasing that 10 second timeslip. I'm Glad he got it.

RIP Gary we miss you.
Posted By: Scotts72Rallye

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/01/08 06:56 PM

Quote:

What year and specs of his challenger? must have been a nice ride to get into mopar muscle...

Here you go wedgeOmatic.
Scott
http://www.geocities.com/unlawfl440/
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/02/08 07:24 PM

THANKS for the video!!!!..Beautiful job!! Gary is someone we'll ALL miss.
Posted By: amxautox

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 01:40 AM

Great video. Thankyou very much for making it posting it.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 01:44 AM

Great video.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 02:11 AM

He was a good guy, who always gave friendly helpful advise...He always answered my stupid questions...
I for one miss him...

This is probably stupid but.....
The video made me think of his old Avatar Picture on here...It was a older grey haired gentleman, that had a Cousin Eddy hat on , and he looked like he was in a grocery store or something, can anyone post that? Or know the story behind it?
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 02:19 AM

Great job on the video! It's a excellent tribute to a good man who obviously loved life and made the lives of people he knew better.

It's sad that he was taken from this world too soon.
Posted By: OutsideGroove

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 04:06 AM

Great job on the video. Makes you realize just how much we all miss him. I still remember the day like it was yesterday.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 04:29 AM

Daren, great job on the video! At Garys wake, after the funeral, I sat with your family at the table way in the back. Tell your Mom and Dad that Jackie West from NC said hi. I miss Gary a lot It never ceases to amaze me what a positive impact that one man had on so many lives. R.I.P. Gary
Posted By: FY1CUDA

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 05:23 AM

Great job Daren!

Got to hang with Gary at the Nats, a ride in his Challenger and in MI during the Woodward Dream Cruise.
Felt like I knew him since birth. Like an older brother, even though I was older.
Such a great Man, such a huge loss! No one's perfect, but if all of us could emulate him to a degree, the world would be a better place. To be a role model for kids now days takes a special person and that was Gary. Special

All the best,

Chuck West
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 06:48 AM

Watching that video choked me up a bit. I never knew the guy, but I remember reading about this. I don't know if I lurked or was an active member back then. But even reading everything back then, I remember also getting choked up. Great video.
Posted By: Mustanghater

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 03:50 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with the video playing? its not even loading up on my screen.
Posted By: RM21N0A

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 06:22 PM

Man....great job, Daren.

I'm particularly partial to that final frame....
Posted By: efisixpack

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 08:12 PM

Hey guys, it's been a looooong time since I've been around here but I knew Gary and attended his funeral. I'm also the guy who originally designed and made all the RIP 180 Gary Davis stickers for peoples cars. They were a great hit and I gave away probably 200+ at the time to friends and fellow officers. I'm writing this because I just realized I still have about 40 left. They are the original white ones and they are reverse cut which means they go on the inside of the car glass. That way they won't deteriorate over time and or peel off from washing the car.

I know the guy who made the video is selling his version now and he should get your business for all the time he put into the video, but I want to offer up the remaining stickers I have for free to those who can't afford to purchase them. He only wants 3 bucks for his so if you can afford it please get them from him.

Considering that many people in this area are out of work and do not have extra disposable funds I will give one to you IF YOU TRUELY CANNOT AFFORD ONE. I don't want to step on this guys toes but I hate to see these go to waste too.

If you send me a self addressed stamped envelope I will return it with how ever many you specify you need for your cars. The only requirement is that you post a picture of the sticker after it is applied. Not too much to ask for right?

Again let me state this, please only request them IF you CANNOT afford the extra cash to purchase them. The guy did a great job on the video, spent a lot of time on it and the other stickers and should be rewarded for his time. I hope I don't make him mad for doing this, I just think it's what I need to do with these remaining stickers.

Send self addressed stamped envelope to:
Scott Sheeran
2785 Textile Rd.
Saline, Mi. 48176

P.S.- MODS, if this becomes a problem let me know and I'll remove this post. Again, I don't want to piss anyone off.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/04/08 08:36 PM

Quote:

Is anyone else having trouble with the video playing? its not even loading up on my screen.

Are you using dial-up? if so it's not going to play very well, like any youtube videos won't
Posted By: BloFish

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/05/08 01:08 AM

R.I.P. Brother
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/05/08 10:44 PM

Never met the man, but his passing touched me deeply. While Moparts continues on, and continues to be a great place, it just hasn't been the same since his passing.

I have a set of tribute decals on my wagon.

R.I.P. Gary. Even in your absence, you continue to touch the lives of many.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/06/08 05:32 PM

Quote:

Man....great job, Daren.

I'm particularly partial to that final frame....

Thanks, and I just stole your sig idea and put it above the video on our site. hope you don't mind

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/06/08 10:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Here's your video

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JgoBG7z_OU

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/07/08 09:04 AM

Thanks. You made my day, music is perfect
Posted By: 300by500

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/07/08 04:38 PM

Great job on the video.

I first heard of Gary through the Mopar Muscle feature on his car, and first heard of his passing in the same magazine. Drunk drivers should face much harsher punishment than they currently do, IMHO.

I'd like to thank all the members here who have kept his memory alive and allowed those of us who never knew him to see what an outstanding individual he was.

His story is inspirational...he had so much in common with all of us, while setting a great example of how each of us can strive to be better citizens, and better friends to each other.

May he rest in peace.

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/07/08 05:05 PM

Quote:

Drunk drivers should face much harsher punishment than they currently do, IMHO.

The scum that killed him walked away with probation
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/07/08 06:04 PM

Does anyone know what Joshua Campbell is up to these days ?

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/07/08 07:05 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know what Joshua Campbell is up to these days ?

lol

I'm sure he has a myspace.....
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/11/08 09:33 PM

well done
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/14/08 11:01 PM

I couldnt find anything on him .............

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/15/08 02:22 PM

I looked also.. and found nothing..

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/15/08 04:23 PM

Anyone remember what he looks like?

http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?init=s%...3f87d1575de0a6a
Posted By: RoadRnnr69

Re: My Gary Davis (UNLAWFL) Tribute Video - 12/20/08 01:40 AM

Is he still in the area? Probably changed his name
© 2024 Moparts Forums