Moparts

Block clearance for 408 stroker & H beam rods

Posted By: mshred

Block clearance for 408 stroker & H beam rods - 02/28/13 04:32 AM

Hey guys,

Just about ready to mock up my 360 block with the new 4" crank and scat H beams, and I was wondering where, if at all, I would have to clearance the block? If anybody has pictures that would be great as well! Thanks!
Posted By: radar

Re: Block clearance for 408 stroker & H beam rods - 02/28/13 04:40 AM

You'll have to mock it up but on mine the spot to look for was where the bottom of the cylinder might get clipped by the rod bolt area as the big arm swings by.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Block clearance for 408 stroker & H beam rods - 02/28/13 04:41 AM

If you have a standard size rod journal you'll probably need a small notch at the bottom of the bore for the rod bolt.

If you have a chevy sized rod journal, you might be able to sneak by with no notch.

Regardless, best to mock it up and check. All blocks are bit different
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Block clearance for 408 stroker & H beam rods - 02/28/13 03:04 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Just about ready to mock up my 360 block with the new 4" crank and scat H beams, and I was wondering where, if at all, I would have to clearance the block? If anybody has pictures that would be great as well! Thanks!

Here ya go.

Attached picture 7606702-rodclearance.jpg
Posted By: BPE

Re: Block clearance for 408 stroker & H beam rods - 03/01/13 12:16 PM

As stated above each block is different. The only way is mock it up and see how much needs to be removed. The regular scat H beams are rediculously big and bulky and IIRC the last set I had here were around 715 grams. Good luck with your build Matthew.

Rod
Posted By: mshred

Re: Block clearance for 408 stroker & H beam rods - 03/01/13 09:56 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the pictures and info! I was not going to just chance it, and definitely mock it up first. Just wanted to get an idea of how much I should expect to grind off the block, and where abouts I would be grinding. Is there a certain amount of clearance I should be shooting for?

And yes Rod, I am using the Scat H beams with ARP 2000 bolts in them, definitely a PHAT ASS piece for sure lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums