Moparts

Big block pro comp heads

Posted By: WHITEDART

Big block pro comp heads - 02/19/13 05:31 AM

who has a good cnc program for these heads.. im asking for a friend will a big max wedge port fit in these heads
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/19/13 05:43 AM

here is one option http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/2procompcylinderheads.php
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/19/13 01:06 PM

fill em with all that silicone you have and make your own holes! ha ha ha!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/19/13 03:39 PM

Jeff at Modern does
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/19/13 03:54 PM

Kinda funny how all the guys used to say they would never stoop to using offshore brands and now its ok. Those new small block heads copied from Edelbrock are jumping off the shelf.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/19/13 04:40 PM

Quote:

Kinda funny how all the guys used to say they would never stoop to using offshore brands that ripoff another companies design and now its ok. Those new small block heads copied from Edelbrock are jumping off the shelf.

fixed
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/20/13 07:56 PM

Quote:

Kinda funny how all the guys used to say they would never stoop to using offshore brands and now its ok.

No endorsement here. I've heard enough horror stories about that company's heads on non-Mopars that I'd avoid them entirely.

Supposedly they've now re-branded themselves in Australia to try and dodge all the bad press they've gotten under the ProComp label. And they still try to make people think they're made in Oz because the parent company is based there, even though all their products come from The Land of Rice, Fish Heads and Counterfeit American Products.

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/20/13 08:42 PM

you are right procomp heads cheap rice copy of a good head.and I don't want a set for free.. but these are on a friends car and he's looking to step it up some more. AS FOR ME I TRY TO BUY STUFF MADE IN THE USA.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/21/13 02:02 AM

Quote:

you are right procomp heads cheap rice copy of a good head.and I don't want a set for free.. but these are on a friends car and he's looking to step it up some more. AS FOR ME I TRY TO BUY STUFF MADE IN THE USA.

Have your friend buy a set of Eddy RPM to start with and have them ported My 3450 lb Duster has gone 1030 with a set of RPM CNC ported by Jeff at Modern Cylinder Heads I switch heads to a set of M.W. port size Indy SR and the car has gone 9.96 at 134 MPH in the `/4 mile on Oregon 92 octane non ethanol pump gas, motor only through the full exhaust with the air cleaner on Jeffs work is great

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/21/13 02:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Have your friend buy a set of Eddy RPM to start with and have them ported My 3450 lb Duster has gone 1030 with a set of RPM CNC ported by Jeff at Modern Cylinder Heads I switch heads to a set of M.W. port size Indy SR and the car has gone 9.96 at 134 MPH in the `/4 mile on Oregon 92 octane non ethanol pump gas, motor only through the full exhaust with the air cleaner on Jeffs work is great

thanks cab but these heads were giving to him buy procomp a few years ago to use as a test on his 8.60 index alterd this car has been 840 at 165 in vegas . but now the test is over and his is looking for more
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/21/13 04:16 AM

thanks cab but these heads were giving to him buy procomp a few years ago to use as a test on his 8.60 index alterd this car has been 840 at 165 in vegas . but now the test is over and his is looking for more

Call Jeff at MCH and see what he thinks... you cant
do any better

Re: Big block pro comp heads - 02/21/13 04:30 AM

thanks Mr P we will look in to those guys
© 2024 Moparts Forums