Moparts

Did she Or Didn't she

Posted By: dennismopar73

Did she Or Didn't she - 02/18/13 08:36 PM

After looking over clips of the NHRA funny car finals it does appear that Force did cross the center line before reaching the end of the 1000ft mark did any one else see that??
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/18/13 08:55 PM

Quote:

After looking over clips of the NHRA funny car finals it does appear that Force did cross the center line before reaching the end of the 1000ft mark did any one else see that??

What I saw was the edge of her right side tires where close to the center line,not over it. You have to cross over the line to cross over it, not just touch it
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/18/13 09:11 PM

It looked to me like the body was on the line,not the tires,the tires are what matters.
Keith
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/18/13 09:24 PM

plus she did not hit any of the timing markers at 1/8 and 1000 ft...

I watched it live on espn3 and they replayed it several times....she crossed the centerline after the finish line...that is legal.
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/18/13 09:57 PM

surely you arent implying that the nhra would give the benefit of the doubt to a JFR car now are you? they have always played fair in the past....

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/18/13 10:29 PM

Mike Cotton in super stock with a 70 Barracuda 383 SS/JA...won went his opponent light went red...nhra determined at a flash from a camera set off the redlight and ordered a rerun..Jim Defrank claimed his car never moved...Mike redlighted in the rerun and his opponent got the win..
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/18/13 11:11 PM

Quote:

Mike Cotton in super stock with a 70 Barracuda 383 SS/JA...won went his opponent light went red...nhra determined at a flash from a camera set off the redlight and ordered a rerun..Jim Defrank claimed his car never moved...Mike redlighted in the rerun and his opponent got the win..

Make that a double up win for DeFrank. Super Stock & Stock!!!
He use to run a SS/AA Cuda. I still have a Tee-Shirt, I think.

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/19/13 03:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

His Dad owned the Defrank and Cohen SS/AA driven by Rick Houser..

Jimmy Defrank who won SS is son...
Posted By: theraif

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/19/13 03:57 AM

Quote:

Posted By: 572_HEMI_Cuda

Re: Did she Or Didn't she - 02/19/13 02:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

His Dad owned the Defrank and Cohen SS/AA driven by Rick Houser..

Jimmy Defrank who won SS is son...

Sweet, nevertheless she didn't cross the center line.
© 2024 Moparts Forums