Moparts

PICTURES PLEEZEE..........................

Posted By: Thumperdart

PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 03:38 AM

Can you guys post photos of your bars/cages for me so I can get some ideas? Decided to strip the bar back down to metal to repaint it but would like to see what you all did padding and paint wise..........thankxxx
Posted By: jbmopars

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 03:58 AM

Here's mine
[image][/image]
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 04:02 AM

This bar was already in the car when I got it. sanded it down repainted and added brackets for my dial in boards.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 04:05 AM

TRY PLASI COTE PAINT
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 10:36 AM

Couple pics of mine. Moly cage, painted in single stage urethane. All the cage, interior and trim work was done by myself. I have recently bought bar protectors(carbon fiber) for the entry areas on both sides.

Attached picture 7579849-image.jpg

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 10:37 AM

Attached picture 7579850-image.jpg

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 10:38 AM

Last

Attached picture 7579851-image.jpg
Posted By: dvw

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 12:26 PM

Mines painted with urethene from a gun. My painter told me next time I'm painting the next cage. That being said we've done a couple with bedliner paint or the Rustoleum Hammertone. Both look good and touch up easily. Personally I like the Hammertone.
Doug

Attached picture 7579878-163.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 12:32 PM

Thumpy...Here is a thread that I saved. May have some info for you!
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 12:53 PM

I just did one and used a painting glove.it got done super quick. no messy drips or runs from spraying . make sure to use double rubber gloves
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 03:36 PM

Quote:

Mines painted with urethene from a gun. My painter told me I.m painting the next cage. That being said we've done a couple with bedliner paint or the Rustoleum Hammertone. Both look good and touch up easily. Personally I like the Hammertone.
Doug

In the race car I sprayed it with base/clear... on the
Rampage I used the truck chassis saver paint(brush on
but lays out like glass)... I believe I will use the
Hammertone over it(I like the hammertone finish)

Attached picture 7580027-chassis5.jpg

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 04:04 PM

Thankxx guys............nice shots but no one`s using padding?
Posted By: bonefish

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 04:11 PM

Quote:

Can you guys post photos of your bars/cages for me so I can get some ideas? Decided to strip the bar back down to metal to repaint it but would like to see what you all did padding and paint wise..........thankxxx

SAY IT AINT SO!!! thats one of the things that make your car one of the coolist on moparts,That ole junkyard dog street fighter look.

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 04:15 PM

Quote:

Thankxx guys............nice shots but no one`s using padding?

I dont put the padding on till basically last... but
you can see the front pads in this pic.. I might even
change to SFI pads because they are thinner and smaller...
but cost 3 times as much

Attached picture 7580070-DSC00188.JPG

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 04:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

SAY IT AINT SO!!! thats one of the things that make your car one of the coolist on moparts,That ole junkyard dog street fighter look.

I appreciate what you`re saying but my bar was REALLY bad after looking at it in the sun and the rest of my interior will be bad azz so no nasty roll bar.............I`ll fnish it up soon and it will be clean unlike the rest of the car.

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 05:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I appreciate what you`re saying but my bar was REALLY bad after looking at it in the sun and the rest of my interior will be bad azz so no nasty roll bar.............I`ll fnish it up soon and it will be clean unlike the rest of the car.

so your not redoin the outside?
Posted By: Crizila

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/08/13 11:16 PM

Did mine in Appliance Epoxy black from Ace Hardware. Durable, rattle can application. Easy to touch up.

Attached picture 7580545-rollbar1.jpg
Posted By: dartman366

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 01:54 AM

no pic's but I use good old Valspar satin black.

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 02:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

so your not redoin the outside?

I may paint it but not any time soon...........so, no one has brushed on paint instead on spray cans? Thankxxx............

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 02:21 AM

i dont have any pics but i brushed on rustoleum dark gery hammertone and it looks killer.

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 02:42 AM

That`s what I wanted to hear.............thankxxx. The biggest problems for me was the temp being too cold and the paint being too thick so I`ll get the bar back to metal, wait for warmer weather and thin the paint down a bit.
Posted By: PLUM BAD

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 04:36 AM

I used 2 coats of Rustoleum black hammer tone with a brush.

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 05:34 AM

Quote:

I used 2 coats of Rustoleum black hammer tone with a brush.

NICE.......... Ya, I`m using Rustoleum satin black but like I said, too cold and too thick of paint equals a very crappy looking roll bar and that can`t fly with me so down to metal and this time it will be perfect..........

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 06:37 AM

.so, no one has brushed on paint instead on spray cans? Thankxxx............

Like I said... I used a product called Chassis Saver
and its a brush on... it dries super smooth.. sorry
I dont have any good pics
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 10:24 AM

Custom made roll bar padding.. Goes on with velcro..

Chris..

Attached picture 7581135-IMG_0072(Large).jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 12:50 PM

Thumpy...I used rustoleum with one of those foam pads...No pics but it came out nice. Temperature is the key to putting on the paint...

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 02:24 PM

thats the beauty of the hammertone,you cant see highs and lows or brush marks.a chimp can make it look like a pro job.(not callin anyone a chimp here,just sayin)
Posted By: radar

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 02:29 PM

Blitz black? It's John Deere chassis paint. Spray or brush it. It's Valspar enamel takes three parts paint reducer and hardener. Great overtime and stays black in the sun
Posted By: dvw

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 04:39 PM

Remember if you run quicker than 9.99 You will not have much choice. You need SFI spec pad. It only needs to be by your head. Also it's as hard as rock.
Doug

Re: PICTURES PLEEZEE.......................... - 02/09/13 04:50 PM

Quote:

thats the beauty of the hammertone,you cant see highs and lows or brush marks.a chimp can make it look like a pro job.(not callin anyone a chimp here,just sayin)

Hey, I resemble that statement........... Kinda like, "So easy a caveman can do it".......gotcha. Thankxxx 4 all of the ideas...........
© 2024 Moparts Forums