what is the best available head gasket choice for my app-
KB Hemi
4.31 bore
studs
Stage V heads
boosted but < 20 lbs, < 1500hp
regular driver.
..?

looking for most reliable, lowest maintenance, etc.
your suggestions & experience greatly appreciated.

Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: best Head gasket choice - hemi - 01/28/13 03:59 PM

I had trouble keeping head gaskets on the hemi from seeping water. Switched to a cometic gasket and it fixed it. Cometics are pricey but i wouldn't run anything else on a hemi.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: best Head gasket choice - hemi - 01/28/13 04:02 PM

Everybody is on the Cometic bandwagon. If your heads have steam holes and they are drilled for the KB pattern, get your head gaskets from KB. Normal ones will work.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: best Head gasket choice - hemi - 01/28/13 04:24 PM

My KB supplied head gaskets were Cometics.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: best Head gasket choice - hemi - 01/28/13 06:45 PM

I am at the same bore size, 4.310" on my hemi and I had trouble with sealing last year using the stamped steel Mopar gaskets with the copper coat. Never was an issue before, but it was this year. Just switched to Cometics and decked the heads...Found the heads had a real slight .001-.002 twist end to end. If you know your block and heads are perfect, then the steel shim gaskets will work, anything else, Cometic...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: best Head gasket choice - hemi - 01/28/13 08:08 PM

The KB blocks need a specific head gasket for each specific block, KB stage IV versus the earlier and later blocks can need a different head gasket. I ran into this problem when I was assembling a KB street block with dry sleeves, it has to have its own specific head gasket The sleeve hieght is critical on sealing the water passages up also Contact Ken Black at Kieth Black Ent. at 562-869-1518 to see which head gasket type you need
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: best Head gasket choice - hemi - 01/29/13 08:21 AM

thanks guys I'll get KB to provide the head gaskets with the preference for cometics if possible
thanks again
© 2024 Moparts Forums