Moparts

DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN

Posted By: Labratt

DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 08:17 PM

Hi,friends! I haven't been on here for a while,so I thought I might pop in and let everyone know my engine hasn't been to the dyno as of yet...and I had to start another round of chemo..for my Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I was scheduled to take the motor over to Shawn Meyer,last Saturday...but got an unexpected "little" visitor around 1am Saturday morning! That "visitor" was a kidney stone..that felt like a 8" blade in my lower back! After a trip to the local ER,for an answer...and some GOOD pain relief,I was back home at 5am! It took until yesterday to actually get rid of all the "gravel"..as it's called! So,contrary to popular belief...I am still alive! I haven't got back in touch with Shawn as of yet..but it will be SOON! I hope you are all having a good,productive off-season! Randy B.

Attached picture 7559862-JOHNPHOUSE...11-2012013.jpg
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 08:26 PM

Hope you get feeling better and waiting to see your results!
Good luck with both things!
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 08:45 PM

Good luck Randy,we will be hoping for great results for you.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 09:04 PM

Good luck with the Chemo Randy. Watched my step son beat it about a year ago and I'm sure you can too.
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 09:21 PM

God bless, , and get that green beauty a'thumpin'!
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 09:26 PM

Best of luck to you with your health...that is the most important thing. Although, to alot of us, the cars keep us going strong. So good luck with that also.

all the best,
Greg.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 09:57 PM

Hope you get to feeling better soon Randy

Spring will be here before we know it
It will be time for you take that show poodle to the track and get a lil rubber on the 1/4's
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 10:30 PM

Hey Randy... good you passed those boulders ... hope
the chemo doesnt kick your butt... let me know when
Sean can get you on the dyno..... good luck with all
this
Posted By: 383man

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/24/13 11:42 PM

Sorry to hear about the kidney stones as I hear they are very painful. Glad you are feeling better. Good luck on the dyno pulls as I hope she makes what you are shooting for. What numbers are you looking for Randy ? 600 hp ? 650 ? Ron
Posted By: topside

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 01:26 AM

Randy, get an x-ray of your kidneys if it's possible, and see what's in them. One of mine was SOLID with stone, which kills the kidney. There's a non-invasive procedure, or it can be done the hard way like mine was; trust me, the non-invasive is much better.
Rest assured, we're all pullin' for ya.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 01:32 AM

Thanks for the update. Don't stay away so long, we start getting a little nervous. Good luck with your treatments.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 01:36 AM

as allways we wish you the best and GOD speed recovery.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 01:47 AM

Good luck with your health issues and with the engine. You always have a good attitude it seems when I read your posts and that will get you through tough times. Take care.
Posted By: dvw

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 01:56 AM

Get better soon. Lookin forward to seeing you at the track.
Doug
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 03:35 AM

I've been missing your posts Get yourself back on track. There plenty of time til spring, wishing you the best

You can see the motor reflection in that glass like paint
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 04:08 AM

Damn Randy, sounds horrible about the chemo and stones...........be strong and get well a.s.a.p. cos without your health the motor, the dyno and car stuff is not possible or rewarding.
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 04:09 AM

Good Luck. Praying for good things for you.
Posted By: beeson44

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 04:45 AM

I took chemo and radiation for the same thing 5 years ago at 27 years old.Hope it goes good for you
Posted By: 72blubird

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 05:31 AM

Know the Pain of kidney stones glad they moved for yah. Sorry to hear about the chemo, but seems your spirits are right to take it on. Your motor looks awesome Hope to see the results of the dyno soon. Peace and strength to you.
Posted By: ScatPackNick

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 11:46 AM

Get better soon

Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 02:30 PM

Its good to hear from you Randy. Hope you are feeling a little better.

Rob

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 03:48 PM

Thanks for your kind words,and support,EVERYONE! Rick R....the "show poodle" better run as good as it looks!..just sayin'! Raff,when my energy level rebounds,I will be setting up another date with Sean! I'll keep you informed,for sure!...Ron N.,I'm looking for 600 h.p...anything over that is "icing on the cake" so to speak! ..Steve S.,thanks for the advice!...I will be seriously looking for a urologist very soon! ...Russ D.,Thank You! I will be visiting here more often..PROMISE!....and Greg T.,thanks,buddy...the paint do have some depth to it,for sure! Your Superformance gaskets will soon be put to the test!!! Haven't got a working scale here at the house..but I'm sure I put on a few lbs. over the last 2-3 days!..I have an appetite once again! Take care,everyone..and God Bless! Randy B.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 03:51 PM

Get well,Randy! Hope ya feel better soon! I am looking forward to the dyno test!
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 04:00 PM

Keep getting better Randy !

Looking forward to the dyno results and seeing the new bullet in your GTX

Get it ready for Norwalk.....i'll bring the

Ron

Attached picture 7560775-charger-beer.JPG

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 07:51 PM

Thanks Ted! I'm looking forward to it as well! Ron..please don't call me a liar,but I have 2 Brador's left in my garage frig! I have been saving them for when Randy(Dartin)comes over for a visit!..he lives about a half-mile away now! Ron..I believe the "true potential" of the SQ cam will now be seen..with Jeff's cnc-porting work..more consistent cylinder sizing,and a stronger,and better-balanced bottom-end!...we shall soon see! Take care buddy!
Posted By: deaks

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your woes Randy. I'm especially looking forward to your dyno and strip outing, as your motor is very similar spec to mine.
take care
Mick
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 11:19 PM

Randy, Get on some high powered supplements, it will help your body's immune system deal with the chemo and what you are fighting. You sound like you are keeping a positive attitude which is also very important. Your name will be in my family's and my church congregation's prayers. Hope to hear some good news about your condition.
Posted By: Shoozy

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/25/13 11:40 PM

Stay positive and try to keep us all posted.
Posted By: EDDIEB

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/26/13 01:16 PM

Randy, Hope you a speedy recovery . Will be waiting to see your dyno results. Take care
EDDIE B
Posted By: emarine01

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/26/13 10:21 PM

I feel for ya fella, Just did the 3 year deal for Non Hodgkin's CLL, Your user name says it all, hang tuff & best of luck / Craig
Posted By: emarine01

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/29/13 03:15 AM

Hey Randy, Your PM box is full
Posted By: Bubba

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/29/13 08:01 PM

Hang in there Randy!
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/29/13 08:06 PM

Good luck with your health & on the dyno. If you need any help putting the engine in the car, let me know. I am just outside of Detroit myself & may be able to lend a hand if needed.

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/31/13 06:09 AM

Thank You Todd! Craig...SORRY!!! Box is good to go!
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/31/13 12:34 PM

Hang in there
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 01/31/13 08:10 PM

Good luck Randy...LMK if there is any way I can help.

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/02/13 07:57 PM

Thank You,Bear..Rich! I've been feeling MUCH BETTER the last week or so! My weight..and energy levels are on the rise..a VERY GOOD sign,for sure! Randy
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/03/13 12:51 AM

Sorry to hear the problems are trying to tag team you, but you are strong and will overcome them I have had stones twice now and they're no fun for sure but the pain killers are Just a little thought is I dont drink beer at all and still get them so dont stop the Bradors Good luck with the chemo, we are all here for you buddy and get back to health so the motor/dyno time can be enjoyed fully. See you soon!!

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/03/13 06:46 PM

Thank You,Greg! I'll be fine! You know the old saying.."Whimps not allowed"!!! I'm very lucky to have inherited both of my parents genes!..they were both "tough as nails"! This past week has been a good one! Both,my appetite..and strength,have improved 100%,as well as putting ALL 18 lbs. of weight I lost back on! Dyno time coming VERRRY soon! Thanks again,my friend...see ya' soon! Randy B.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/04/13 02:27 AM

Glad you're feeling better Randy! You and Raff are some tuff hombres. I'll keep you in prayers too, you'll be fine! Good luck on dyno, I'm sure it will make the power you're expecting easily.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/04/13 06:13 AM

Randy,
Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery ! I hope it continues to go well. As far as your dyno session goes,I hope that gets you where you want to be too!
Let me know if I can help with anything.
Keith

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/04/13 04:49 PM

Thanks Sean..and Keith! Yeah..Raff and I are pretty tough "old men"! haha! I think he's got me beat,though!..He's got at least 9 lives...to my lowly one! I will be talking to Shawn today or tomorrow,and set up another dyno date...hopefully,no more little health glitches! Keith..appreciate your offer..you're a good man! Randy
Posted By: STEFF

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/04/13 06:08 PM

Get ahold of Shawn on his cell phone as he has a new day time gig. He's still at St. Clair in the evenings, on an as needed basis.

Keep fighting the good fight Randy!!

Re: DYNO TIME FOR 440 SOON!..AND CHEMO AGAIN - 02/04/13 10:51 PM

Thanks,Steff! I heard he was starting a new job soon! Glad he's still going to do some work at St. Clair,as well! I hope you're doing well!..been a long time since we talked. Take care of yourself! I still want you to do the wiring on the old car..just not sure when I'll have it to that point yet! Randy B.
© 2024 Moparts Forums