Moparts

is it worth chasing?

Posted By: rebel

is it worth chasing? - 01/18/13 09:34 PM

just before xmas i bought a few spare parts to keep my racing alive should we have a mishap. one item was an Indy rocker arm for my -1 heads. the intake rocker i swapped out had a minor bit of damage from the pushrod on the exhaust which had a minor failure with the lash cap. the new rocker arm had only done 8 runs before the wheel fell in half & momentarily caused the valve to clip the piston. i'm running a small roller with moderate spring pressures 240 seat, 550 spring rate. none of my other rocker arms have had this failure. do you think i should go to ICH & demand a replacement or is this a suck it up deal coz it's dragracing? cost me 0.010 on a run that lost me the race

Attached picture 7552284-64540_516037001752182_944680023_n.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/18/13 10:17 PM

Well I wouldnt demand one, but.....if you called me and explained the situation, and asked nicely I would send you a new one....

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/18/13 10:19 PM

Are these the rockers I sent out to Bob Mazzolinis for overnight for you??

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/18/13 10:30 PM

yes it is Josh, the one n the same. i had to put the damaged one i removed back into service.

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/18/13 10:36 PM

hey Josh when this rocker arrived we noted the adjuster uses a larger allen key size, is this what the new rockers are using now? if it is i'm thinking i should upgrade my existing arms with this size as the smaller ones tend to wear out the hex faster.

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/18/13 10:43 PM

Yes, we went to the larger Hex on all of our adjusters. We have small hex still, so if you want them all to match, we can do that as well.

You sure you didnt have out your .200 feel gauge rather than the .020...
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/18/13 10:50 PM

josh...... is truly one of the best things indy has ever done,,,,,customer service...AAAAAAA+++++++ pat
Posted By: dvw

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/19/13 12:00 AM

Indy, this. WOW. Josh I'm impressed.
Doug

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/19/13 12:13 AM

Quote:

You sure you didnt have out your .200 feel gauge rather than the .020...

100% sure. after the wheel fell off we probably had close to .200 clearence. this happened at 2nd round eliminations & we had done a valve clearence check & retorque just after qualifying. didn't see anything different at that check but then i wasn't checking the rocker arm wheels with a microscope looking for stress cracks. we have now tho, everything seems to be all ok, just this one had a bad day at the track. will e-mail your work address on Monday so we can discuss what we get sent down under. thanx dude. as the others have commented, it's great to see some service now.
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/19/13 04:13 AM

Regardless of weather or not you get a free replacement, or whatever, I would contact Indy and explain what happened and offer to ship them the part back.

Any company worth their salt would want that rocker to look at and review it to ensure they dont have a problem with a batch of them. Thats part of the quality control/improvement process.
Posted By: viperblue72

Re: is it worth chasing? - 01/19/13 05:04 PM

Nice to see some customer service from Indy .

Re: is it worth chasing? - 02/16/13 08:56 AM

does Josh still work @ ICH? so far i've recieved nothing from them & Josh doesn't answer my e-mails.
getting close to a month now, do you think it's just bussiness as usual for ICH?
Posted By: Tig

Re: is it worth chasing? - 02/16/13 09:16 AM

Posted By: B G Racing

Re: is it worth chasing? - 02/16/13 12:04 PM

Posted By: tboomer

Re: is it worth chasing? - 02/16/13 12:31 PM

Re: is it worth chasing? - 02/16/13 05:07 PM

I've been running around here it's hard for me to get in front of an email.

Ill get your rockers out Monday.

Just call if you need anything.

Re: is it worth chasing? - 02/16/13 05:09 PM

Also reb can you send those back to me that broke so I can have them looked at.

Re: is it worth chasing? - 02/17/13 07:17 AM

no rush Josh, it's only our race season down under, the fact that i had to put my damaged rocker back in doesn't play on my mind at all when racing.

Re: is it worth chasing? - 03/09/13 04:06 AM

as a follow up to this episode, i have to say Josh did in the end look after me well. if it wasn't for our man Josh i doubt wether i'd be a happy man today. if you have to deal with ICH in the future, go straight to Josh, at least we have one man in this company on our side. thank you Josh
Posted By: 1974PW

Re: is it worth chasing? - 03/09/13 07:39 AM

wow this is the second account iv seen of a decent person at indy. my good buddy pete is another good guy at ICH

Re: is it worth chasing? - 03/09/13 01:36 PM

Reb, im glad your happy.

Sorry for the mix up in customs.

As far as Pete is concerned....... He is an awesome guy and a real asset to the company.

I just didn't know he had any friends. Lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums