Moparts

ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL....

Posted By: Thumperdart

ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 05:15 AM

What`s best for a dual purpose car the alum. or steel for my 470 stroker..........thankxxx...
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 05:46 AM

HEY DOM im looking at the innovation west damper looking really nice check them out its like 375$ or like 500$ with a crank trigger complete
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 08:00 AM

I would go with the steel. ATI does make the best damper out there.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 09:20 AM

Quote:

I have both as well as one Fluid Dampener. Dom, I dyno tested a BHJ all aluminum 340 dampener on Steve and Linda motors back to back verus a stock cast steel one, no noticeable changes That may be one of the pieces that needs to be tested and changed at the track to see if there is any changes any where from the starting line and reaction times to the finish line
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 03:22 PM

Quote:

Me three

Attached picture 7536576-4.3.11(3).jpg
Posted By: mbogina

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 04:42 PM

If you don't need the flywheel weight to launch the car, I would go with the Aluminum version. Stroker/big block/auto- aluminum. Small block/small cubes/stick- steel. The more torque or torque multiplication you have available to launch the car, the more you should lean towards the lightest version available, aluminum shell/aluminum hub. ATI is definitely the best.

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 05:17 PM

Quote:

If you don't need the flywheel weight to launch the car, I would go with the Aluminum version. Stroker/big block/auto- aluminum. Small block/small cubes/stick- steel. The more torque or torque multiplication you have available to launch the car, the more you should lean towards the lightest version available, aluminum shell/aluminum hub. ATI is definitely the best.

This is my thinking but also heard that the heavier dampner actually controlls more harmonics........ The main thing is that I`m removing weight everywhere possible AND my dampner is 13 years old.

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 05:55 PM

It seems Summit only sells the steel so we`ll go w/that.........

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 07:16 PM

They will special order it and you can have them drop ship it to you direct I do that all the time

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 07:37 PM

Quote:

They will special order it and you can have them drop ship it to you direct I do that all the time

Went ahead and ordered the steel one since that seems to be the general consensis on what`s over all best. Now I need to locate me some lexan locally so I can make all of my windows myself and save big bucks and get the satisfaction of doin it myself..........

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 08:50 PM

Make some measurements, maybe make patterns of all the windows and lay them out to see how much material you need, IE one 4x8 or one 4x10 foot sheet of 1/8 thick Lexan Mar 5. I think that is the scratch resistance Lean like used in the small aircraft windows Google Lexan seller in So CA, I think I bought mine from a wholesale shop in either Santa Ana or Santa Fe springs, CRS disease Have fun

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 09:28 PM

Thankxxx Cab, I`ll look into that. Back to
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 10:30 PM

I would NOT buy the scratch resistant Lexan... even
the Lexan rep said it doesnt work for do-do so save
your money and buy the regular... the last time I bought
a sheet of 1/8 smoked it was $200

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 11:36 PM

Quote:

OK.........I was told 3/8`s would be better because it won`t cave in on the windshield and would be stronger on the side windows since I dont want the goddy race support brace inside on the door. And my dart side glass has no frame so it just hangs in the wind. Thankxxx
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/07/13 11:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OK.........I was told 3/8`s would be better because it won`t cave in on the windshield and would be stronger on the side windows since I dont want the goddy race support brace inside on the door. And my dart side glass has no frame so it just hangs in the wind. Thankxxx

You will never fit 3/8 in there... 3/16 or 1/4 MAX
and 3/16 is fine

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/08/13 12:38 AM

My bad............3/16.............
Posted By: super451b

Re: ATI SUPERDAMPER MATERIAL.... - 01/08/13 02:31 AM

I'd spring for the scratch resistant coating. Mines been in the car since 96. No issues with scratching at all. It more than doubled the price of a 4x8 sheet when I bought it , but in my opinion it was money well spent.
© 2024 Moparts Forums