Dave Duell Classic,Bowling Green, 8-2/4
NMCA ,Norwalk 8-23/25
Monster Mopar ,Norwalk 9-13/14
NMCA,Indy 10-10/13
What else looks good, or better?
Doug
Posted By: racerAL

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 04:46 AM

we plan on hitting most of the races u have listed. also plan on hitting most of the buckeye stock/super stock series, not sure how much u want to travel but it looks like some good racing with a good payout.
http://www.buckeyerace.com/

Attached picture 7508067-IMG_3515.jpg
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 05:39 AM

So thats a Victory Race at Norwalk with the Blue Suede Cruise????

If so I had that on my list but will have to decline if Victory is running it

Russ
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 09:02 AM

There's a few NSS races that go through Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI. And I've been to an NMCA meet in Joliet, ILL at Route 66 raceway that had a NSS class.
Posted By: dvw

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 11:18 AM

Quote:

we plan on hitting most of the races u have listed. also plan on hitting most of the buckeye stock/super stock series, not sure how much u want to travel but it looks like some good racing with a good payout.
http://www.buckeyerace.com/

That site shows the 2012 schedule. Is the 2013 available yet?
Doug
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 12:48 PM

Quote:

Russ

No, Victory is having a race the same day in IA. Max, do you not fit in with their rules?

Dennis
Posted By: poppaj

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 01:03 PM

There is the Curt George Memorial race Fathers Day weekend. A full race Saturday and a full race Sunday. Very nice event, It paid $1,200 to win each day. Oh yeah, it is held at Pittsburg Raceway Park. One of my favorite races of the year. Poppaj

Attached picture 7508291-IMG_5149.jpg

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 03:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

No, Victory is having a race the same day in IA. Max, do you not fit in with their rules?

Dennis

I fit in the rules just fine. It's just that to run in the Victory series you also have to pay something like a $150.00 inititation fee to run in their events for the year and thats on top of the race entry. I just don't hit enough of their races to justify that. However it is a good series to race with if you can hit a few of them but most are too far for me.

Question for BGR - is the Curt Race still on for next year and same date?

Russ
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 03:28 PM

3rd Annual Spring Nostalgia Nationals @ National Trail Raceway in Columbus, Ohio on June 22-23,2013 for the 1977 and older cars. NMCA rules will apply for N/SS and East Coast Gasser Assoc. rules will apply to the Gassers. Check out the site www.sledcityevents.com We need more mopars winning this race. Check out who all the winners are!
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/18/12 08:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

Dennis

I fit in the rules just fine. It's just that to run in the Victory series you also have to pay something like a $150.00 inititation fee to run in their events for the year and thats on top of the race entry. I just don't hit enough of their races to justify that. However it is a good series to race with if you can hit a few of them but most are too far for me.

Russ

With the new managment at PRP the schudle is up in the air as of now.And as I mentioned here before with all the other Mopar events schudled in June,I'am afraid that turnouts at all the events is going to be down.There maybe an oppertunity to change the date and or location of the Curt race I would like to see it stay at PRP but also know that if promoters continue to battle each other for events around or near the sametime it will be disasterious and car count and revenue will be down.It seems many are heII bent on putting thereselve out of business.

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 12:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I believe the $150 is to enter their points series. As I remember the NMCA was the same way. You could race but you were not eligible for the year end stuff. Can anyone clarify this? Larry, I could only find Sled City 2012 dates?
Doug

Russ

Bob let us know if you get a date.
Doug

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 01:30 AM

Quote:

Larue Ohio 7-28/29

Doug, where did you get this info? Is this Jeff J's event?

Dennis

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 01:31 AM

Quote:

Gotcha Russ. I would love to run his full schedule too.

Dennis

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 01:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Larue Ohio 7-28/29

Doug, where did you get this info? Is this Jeff J's event?

Dennis

Yes its Jeffs. also 8-28/29 at Tri City Ohio
http://www.jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com/drag_racing.php#sschedule
Doug

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 02:12 AM

That's last years schedule.

Dennis

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 02:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I believe the $150 is to enter their points series. As I remember the NMCA was the same way. You could race but you were not eligible for the year end stuff. Can anyone clarify this? Larry, I could only find Sled City 2012 dates?
Doug

Russ

Doug

Doug - last year at MMW in St Louis I could NOT run with them at that ONE race unless I paid the initiation fee so I entered a gambler on Saturday and ran the normal race on Sunday. Same thing at MMW Indy. Funny part was the Victory folks could run in the regular race with us

Russ

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 04:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

Russ

Doug

Doug - last year at MMW in St Louis I could NOT run with them at that ONE race unless I paid the initiation fee so I entered a gambler on Saturday and ran the normal race on Sunday. Same thing at MMW Indy. Funny part was the Victory folks could run in the regular race with us

Russ

If that's the way it is I agree it's not for me. I've run series all over the country chasing points. Had some pretty good luck in NSCA,NMCA,and Chrysler Classic. Winning championships is cool but fuel costs and purses aren't what they used to be. The days of 50 cent diesel and $4000 N/SS paychecks are long gone. Having a good time with closer venues is what i'm looking for. But don't get me wrong, I'm still as serious about winning as ever. Anybody remember this car?
Doug

Attached picture 7509507-5772981-COL-042F.jpg
Posted By: poppaj

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 05:12 AM

Where is that car now Doug? I remember you telling me about the guy you sold it to, then his brother had it? By the way those STK/SS/NSS races Nitro Joe and Jeff Ross put on are very nice events and it has a points series, plus it is a Saturday race as well.. poppaj

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 11:31 AM

Quote:

Where is that car now Doug? I remember you telling me about the guy you sold it to, then his brother had it? By the way those STK/SS/NSS races Nitro Joe and Jeff Ross put on are very nice events and it has a points series, plus it is a Saturday race as well.. poppaj

Do you have a link or schedule? Unfortunately the guy we sold it to was murdered along with his family on the weekend of the 2007 Chrysler Classic at 131. My son Scott was driving for him and won both days. He always said Tony was riding with him that weekend. Tony had no living relatives and the car went to his step sister. She sold it to someone in Pa. It was lettered "Last Minute Madness" at that time. Where is it now? Don't know but it won a lot of races.
Doug
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 03:28 PM

Doug in the early ninties my wife and i would go to the NMCA finals every year. So yes we have seen the Lickity Split 63 Dodge. I posted a few of the old NSS pictures I have a while back.
Posted By: racerAL

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 04:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do you have a link or schedule? Unfortunately the guy we sold it to was murdered along with his family on the weekend of the 2007 Chrysler Classic at 131. My son Scott was driving for him and won both days. He always said Tony was riding with him that weekend. Tony had no living relatives and the car went to his step sister. She sold it to someone in Pa. It was lettered "Last Minute Madness" at that time. Where is it now? Don't know but it won a lot of races.
Doug

doug, the sereis that poppaj is talking about is the same series that i posted a link to earlier in the thread. i know the 2013 schedule isnt on there yet, but i bet it wont be long before it is.
Alan
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/19/12 04:55 PM

"With the new managment at PRP the schudle is up in the air as of now.And as I mentioned here before with all the other Mopar events schudled in June,I'am afraid that turnouts at all the events is going to be down.There maybe an oppertunity to change the date and or location of the Curt race I would like to see it stay at PRP but also know that if promoters continue to battle each other for events around or near the sametime it will be disasterious and car count and revenue will be down.It seems many are heII bent on putting thereselve out of business."

Posted By: B G Racing

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/20/12 01:13 PM

Quote:

"With the new managment at PRP the schudle is up in the air as of now.And as I mentioned here before with all the other Mopar events schudled in June,I'am afraid that turnouts at all the events is going to be down.There maybe an oppertunity to change the date and or location of the Curt race I would like to see it stay at PRP but also know that if promoters continue to battle each other for events around or near the sametime it will be disasterious and car count and revenue will be down.It seems many are heII bent on putting thereselve out of business."

Steve,
I was contacted yesterday by the owners of Quaker City and they are interested in the Curt Memorial Race for July.I will meet with Mr.Fox after the holidays.We still haven't heard anything from PRP.
Posted By: Butch

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/21/12 03:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Steve,
I was contacted yesterday by the owners of Quaker City and they are interested in the Curt Memorial Race for July.I will meet with Mr.Fox after the holidays.We still haven't heard anything from PRP.

One vote for Quaker, 35 minutes from home
Posted By: dbran451

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/22/12 01:53 AM

[Email][/Email]

make that two votes, they use to have a great mopar race there
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/22/12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually make it 3 votes. I'm just around the corner.

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/22/12 07:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually make it 3 votes. I'm just around the corner.

OK I'm #4 and I'm sure there are plenty more that will agree and be there.

Russ
Posted By: dizuster

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/22/12 08:09 PM

Racing starts in June? Doesn't take you that long to get the rear bumper bolted in does it?

L e t s g o!

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/22/12 09:30 PM

Quote:

Racing starts in June? Doesn't take you that long to get the rear bumper bolted in does it?

L e t s g o!

Come over and help me hold it up. Besides I'm waiting for 1/4 trims and a headrest. Anyway that will give us about 6 weeks of test & tune to make it hook in mud and be deadly consistant
Dad
Posted By: nss guy

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/23/12 12:59 AM

This is on Kil-Kare's website for 2013 Schedule

•August 31 - Mo. Power Events (Fri, Sat, Sun.) -More Info Coming Soon!

????????
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/23/12 04:34 AM

I've recieved word that the Keystone/PID Reunion at PRP in September will be a two day event, and they are attempting to make it a big deal. We'll see what pans out....I hope so.
Posted By: hemi69cuda

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/23/12 04:53 AM

I don't get this isn't Colorado midwest
center of US is Omaha
so how about a nss in thr real midwest
Posted By: jdfpam

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/24/12 07:23 AM

Hey Doug, I think I remember running the Lickity Split once or twice. Looking at your schedule, along with some Buckeye S/SS races, it looks like we may get to tangle again soon! Looking forward to it.

Jeff
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/24/12 05:15 PM

Quote:

I don't get this isn't Colorado midwest
center of US is Omaha
so how about a nss in thr real midwest

Isn't Colorado considered "West"?
Posted By: Bishop

Re: N/SS races in the midwest - 12/24/12 07:32 PM

I wonder if Jeff Johnson will have another Mopar event at Tri-state in Hamilton OH next year?
© 2024 Moparts Forums