Moparts

street roller cam ?

Posted By: bonefish

street roller cam ? - 12/13/12 06:17 PM

i put a fairly agressive(cant remeber the exact specs)Comp roller in my RB but cant seem to get a mech.fuel pump to work on it.my ? is once you reach a certan level is there even an ecentric on the cam for a mech. pump.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: street roller cam ? - 12/13/12 06:21 PM

As I understand it most roller cams do not have the fuel pump eccentric. I'm running a small solid Comp roller (588) and it doesn't have one.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: street roller cam ? - 12/13/12 08:06 PM

Quote:

As I understand it most roller cams do not have the fuel pump eccentric. I'm running a small solid Comp roller (588) and it doesn't have one.

thanks, thats what i figgerd,my last roller,a Lunati had one.
Posted By: brads70

Re: street roller cam ? - 12/13/12 08:12 PM

I'm running a Lunati hyd roller and it has the eccentric for the fuel pump. I still went with an electric fuel pump thought!
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: street roller cam ? - 12/13/12 08:18 PM

Good to know. I'm planning on a roller BB and was toying with the idea of going full electric. guess this helps make my decision.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: street roller cam ? - 12/13/12 08:57 PM

I have a Bullet Roller and I use a mechanical pump with it. My cam is an older blank so that may be thediference. I do know they make a special pushrod for use with Roller cams (Mancini sales it). The pushrod has a brass tip to work with the harder Roller cam (like a brass timing gear).
Posted By: BSB67

Re: street roller cam ? - 12/14/12 12:33 AM

My Comp Cam has one.
© 2024 Moparts Forums