Moparts

Scorpion Racing Products roller lifters

Posted By: Mopar dragster

Scorpion Racing Products roller lifters - 12/12/12 03:34 AM

I GT a brand new set for my 451 bracket build for Christmas from my wife. I have always ran Comp, but these look nice. I asked her why she bought this brand instead of Comp and she said my buddy told her they were an awesome lifter for the money. Should I run them or send them back and get some Comp's? Not really worried about hurting her feelings. She is cool like that.
Posted By: bobs66440

Re: Scorpion Racing Products roller lifters - 12/12/12 03:47 AM

I just ordered a custom set of Johnson lifters through Scorpion. Johnson is a supplier for Scorpion and has a real good rep for quality. Plus they're built in the USA. They may be Johnsons...if so, I would use them.

The reason I went with Johnson is because my 2000 mile motor is apart because of a failed Comp lifter. They are twice the price but worth it IMO. I could not find any bad reviews of Johnson lifters.

I spoke to Jason at Johnson and he was very knowledgeable and helpful as was the guy at Scorpion.

Re: Scorpion Racing Products roller lifters - 12/12/12 04:11 AM

Thanks. They look really nice.
Posted By: bobs66440

Re: Scorpion Racing Products roller lifters - 12/12/12 04:42 AM

I would give Scorpion a call and see who's lifters they are. Just out of curiosity....

...iirc, Johnson supplies roller lifters (can't remember if solid and/or hyd) to Comp but not flat tappet. So if you get Comp, they may be Johnsons anyway.

Re: Scorpion Racing Products roller lifters - 12/13/12 02:13 AM

They are Johnson's. They look almost identical to Comps.
© 2024 Moparts Forums