Moparts

Rod end choices

Posted By: cagebob1

Rod end choices - 12/11/12 05:11 PM

Searching for good quality rod ends at a good price. Looking at the FK RSMX10. What about the teflon liner? This is a race only application, so I don't think noise would be an issue. Where do you guys buy them? What are your thoughts on the other brands?
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Rod end choices - 12/11/12 05:39 PM

I have been running the QA1 brand with good results, I think they are a good middle of the road brand at a reasonable price, alot of your decision will be based on car weight and horsepower,,I don't think I would use them on a full tilt pro mod but for my 10.00 sec dart they are fine, as normal I get mine from Jegs.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Rod end choices - 12/11/12 07:29 PM

I wouldnt use the teflon liner ones on a full race
car... I buy the moly ones... they are pricey but if
you clean them and lube them a couple times a season
you can get years out of them... I clean and lube
mine about 2 or 3 times a season just to make sure
things are free and nothing is binding(that can really
upset the chassis)... I have bought them from a few
different places.. Summit, FK and 1 other place but
I cant find the name right now
Posted By: 10.90 Racer

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 12:42 AM

Aurora........ nothing else......... There is a difference and your butt is whats on the line.........

http://www.aurorabearing.com/index.html
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:03 AM

I worked at QA1 and did quality control on their rod ends. The quality is good and a good value for the price. I used them on my SS/AH Barracuda. Dyno
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:10 AM

My vote is for FK. Best stuff out there made in America
Posted By: brads70

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:17 AM

Quote:

I worked at QA1 and did quality control on their rod ends. The quality is good and a good value for the price. I used them on my SS/AH Barracuda. Dyno

X3 for QA1 .
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:30 AM

i was always under the impression that aurora was the standard others were judged by. each vendor has different grades of components which imho would be of concern when choosing one.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:33 AM

Quote:

i was always under the impression that aurora was the standard others were judged by. each vendor has different grades of components which imho would be of concern when choosing one.

They are the best... and that was the company I forgot
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:38 AM

I would prefer to buy parts made in the USA, but that is not any guarantee that the quality is any better than something made overseas. I have seen it both ways. What I do not like is to see parts that are claimed to be USA made and are not. Dyno
Posted By: 10.90 Racer

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:42 AM

Quote:

Where are the QA1's manufactured?? I had some come in from a major brand name...... Looked at them and said no thanks... I them pulled the protective sleeve off the thread and read "Made in China" on the end.....
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 02:51 AM

Contact FK and talk to those folks. You wont be dissapointed. Many of the big chassis shops choose to use them as well.
http://www.fkrodends.com/
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 03:18 AM

I sell and use FK rodends. Pm me what and how many and I'll shoot you a price. Mike or mr2performance@sbcglobal.net
Posted By: jyrki

Re: Rod end choices - 12/12/12 07:24 AM

What benefit do you get from the more expensive rod ends? I just ordered a basic cro mo four link kit from quarter max when building our car, with the std rod ends. With close to 3600 lbs and 1500 + hp, should I use something else?
© 2024 Moparts Forums