Moparts

Go pro mounts for under the car?

Posted By: Bigbeep

Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/07/12 07:22 AM

You guys that have mounted a go pro or similar camera under your car to watch the suspension, what kind of mount did you use? Magnetic, clamp on, self adhesive, bolt on, etc? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Beep
Posted By: Dartwizer

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/07/12 01:18 PM

I used this one from Panavise

Attached picture 7492624-PV-727-04-SF-2T.jpg
Posted By: Dartwizer

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/07/12 01:24 PM

Item # PV-727-04...Panaviseonline.com 1-800-675-2171
Posted By: mshred

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/07/12 04:56 PM

I used the stick on mount, but made sure it was clean paint first...although the vid didn't turn out like I had hoped lol and sticky mount came off alot easier then I wanted it too...kinda made me uneasy about using it again under the car
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/07/12 05:11 PM

I believe the slot on the camera is .090 so just bend some aluminum,drill it for the mount bolt.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/07/12 05:23 PM

Quote:

I used this one from Panavise

I have a few of those laying around the shop from cell phone days when they got mounted on the trans tunnel. lol Anyone remember the olden days?

I'm hoping for one for Xmas, actually I helped the wife pick it out, so I know we are getting one for Xmas and will take this mount home for it, thanks for the idea.

Posted By: WheelsUp73

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/07/12 06:24 PM

I use a Manfrotto super clamp. Google it, it is awesome and will not come off no matter what.It is made to clamp to round and square steel objects.Here is a vid on it.
http://youtu.be/9x_CnRPrA-0

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/10/12 01:20 AM

Thanks guys. Keep them coming. the more options the better. Beep
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/10/12 12:46 PM

Check out Part Of The Action's mount page Click here

To mount to a Gopro you would need the 1/4-20 tripod mount from Gopro.

Don't forget to type moparts for the coupon code to get discount...
Posted By: therocks

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/10/12 01:44 PM

Challanger I remember those.We had 2 guys get trained to install the pos phones.They either screwed them up or didnt want to do them.So I was lucky and got to install them.Was a pin but not hard work.Those stand can be adjusted to all kinds of positions.I had a few also.Tossed them as I hated installing phones.We probally had 10 or 20 laying around.Rocky
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/10/12 03:22 PM

Quote:

I use a Manfrotto super clamp. Google it, it is awesome and will not come off no matter what.It is made to clamp to round and square steel objects.Here is a vid on it.
http://youtu.be/9x_CnRPrA-0

i want a mustach like that.

Re: Go pro mounts for under the car? - 12/11/12 06:49 AM

Thanks guys. I purchased a little swivel mount that can be bolted to the car via a 1/4-20 bolt and then use the go pro adapter for a tripod. This should work underneath and on the roll bar mount I made years ago for my video camera. Thanks for the input. Beep
© 2024 Moparts Forums