Moparts

Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB?

Posted By: Clockwork

Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 03:39 AM

I broke my older Mopar Mega block.Ran it since around 1999 i believe and it was a Great piece.

So i am in the market and want another cast block.

Which cast block are you guys running at that HP level? A new mega block? World?

Thanks
Posted By: Dan Brewer

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 04:02 AM

What do you have against switching to an aluminum piece? Much easier to repair. We split a cylinder on an older mega block on the dyno, switched to an aluminum indy and actually picked up around 25 HP. Nothing else changed except the rings. 1275 HP predator heads.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 04:12 AM

I have both the 4.490 rough bored World block and the newer high nickel Koleno block that Koffels Place sells, 1200+ HP would be the Koleno block I really wish someone would make a Mopar wedge or Hemiroid Compact Graphite Iron block
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 06:11 AM

Quote:

I have both the 4.490 rough bored World block and the newer high nickel Koleno block that Koffels Place sells, 1200+ HP would be the Koleno block I really wish someone would make a Mopar wedge or Hemiroid Compact Graphite Iron block

I thought Kolenco made a Compact Graphite Iron block?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 08:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I thought Kolenco made a Compact Graphite Iron block?

not according to Dave at Koffels, he told me that they are a high nickel cast grey iron mix I wish they where Compact Graphite Iron
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 05:33 PM

you guys realize how heavy a CGI block is??? I have two of them and trust me they are anything but lite. Plus your machinist will love working on them
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 11:04 PM

That's why I bought a KB block
Plus you can fix it if something goes wrong
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/04/12 11:26 PM

Quote:

That's why I bought a KB block
Plus you can fix it if something goes wrong

Good to go off the crate in my case.

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/09/12 03:15 PM

Thanks for the responses.. I lost internet access not long after i posted.. I was looking at a cast block because we beat the heck out of this Mega block and it stayed together for years.(until it over revved)
Plus i have read about some of the long wait times to get a KB block. And would like to be ready to race asap.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/09/12 03:42 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the responses.. I lost internet access not long after i posted.. I was looking at a cast block because we beat the heck out of this Mega block and it stayed together for years.(until it over revved)
Plus i have read about some of the long wait times to get a KB block. And would like to be ready to race asap.

What was the block failure from over rev? Could it be repaired?
Doug

Re: Which Cast block for 1200HP+ BB? - 12/09/12 04:44 PM

No repair! Shot two rods out the side into the diaper.

From what we can tell the converter bolts were over tightened ..stretched and sheared.

Not a fun day.
© 2024 Moparts Forums