Moparts

Oil Pan question

Posted By: Dart Racer

Oil Pan question - 11/29/12 12:44 AM

Anybody use the 31460 7" Milodon pan?
My question is that on their website it says "you may have to shut off motor on deacceleration" and I'm wondering if anyone experienced that, or found it to be necessary.

I need a shorter pan on my car and looking for options.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Oil Pan question - 11/29/12 05:52 AM

Quote:

Anybody use the 31460 7" Milodon pan?
My question is that on their website it says "you may have to shut off motor on deacceleration" and I'm wondering if anyone experienced that, or found it to be necessary.

I need a shorter pan on my car and looking for options.

Never heard of that before and I think I`d run away from that deal..................
Posted By: CSK

Re: Oil Pan question - 11/29/12 05:59 AM

the way that pan is wedge shaped in the front,when on the brakes the oil can slosh to the front & uncover the pick up
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Oil Pan question - 11/29/12 07:51 AM

Is that the one that is seven inches deep center sump and wider on the bottom than up five inches from the bottom? If so I know several racers up here that use it with no problems
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Oil Pan question - 11/29/12 02:44 PM

That comment is meant to cover their butts. Even the best 10 qt systems will have problems if not equipped with trays or scrapers and you stand on the brakes. An accumulator system or crank scraper will reduce or eliminate that problem if you experience it. The crank scraper made a significant change for the better on my deal.

Re: Oil Pan question - 11/29/12 08:54 PM

Quote:

Is that the one that is seven inches deep center sump and wider on the bottom than up five inches from the bottom? If so I know several racers up here that use it with no problems

Cab; Not sure as I am just looking at it on their website and picture is hard to tell. Doesn't look like it flares at the bottom.

Re: Oil Pan question - 11/29/12 08:56 PM

Thanks for the input Greg!! The accumulator sounds like a plan if there is an issue.
© 2024 Moparts Forums