Moparts

Which wide band and why?

Posted By: 2FASTCORONET

Which wide band and why? - 11/27/12 06:27 PM

I'm tired of being out of tune and guessing at the changes. Which wide band, I'm thinking dual sensors. Ive seen FAST and Innovate.
Thanks Dennis

I just found a Nov 13 post, mostly problems, no recomendations.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/27/12 07:08 PM

Innovate here but w/one sensor...............works great and will verify tuning changes both good and bad.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/27/12 07:35 PM

The NGK one is the best of the sub $500 units for heater control and sensor life, but it is fairly limited in other features. Can't display in lambda, no datalogging, single sensor only. It does have an output to connect it to other equipment though.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/27/12 07:45 PM

I run a FAST dual sensor and love it. I use it on the dyno and in cars and have never had an issue other than the optional rpm module includes an inductive pickup that is not the best.
If I use the tach feed off an MSD it works fine.
Keith
Posted By: 2FASTCORONET

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/27/12 09:16 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies
Posted By: skrews

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/27/12 10:36 PM

AEM. Easy to read digital display, low cost, and hasn't died yet (5 years). One of the best thing I've ever bought for the car.
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/28/12 12:29 AM

I love my Innovate LM-2. I bought it off ebay for alittle under $300 new and got an input cable to input RPM for another $20. It data logs to an SD card and comes with software to analyze it on the computer. It pays to have a datalogger so you are not limited to watching the gauge down the track. Most gauges don't update fast enough to find smaller problems but if its recorded you can track things down much easier. It can also read OBD2 live data with a change of a cable and read DTC's(I think).
Posted By: mshred

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/28/12 02:17 AM

I like my innovate MTX-L...handy little gauge for tuning that works quite well, records (only time based, not rpm) to a computer to watch the run over, and the price was right at only 165 shipped brand new
Posted By: Flite_727

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/28/12 02:36 AM

not to hijack the thread, but anybody have any feedback on the 14point7 wideband?? seems like it has alot of features for under $300 (AFR, lambda, datalogging, etc)
they also have a self assemble version even cheaper.
http://www.14point7.com/
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: Which wide band and why? - 11/28/12 02:38 AM

"I love my Innovate LM-2. I bought it off ebay for alittle under $300 new and got an input cable to input RPM for another $20. It data logs to an SD card and comes with software to analyze it on the computer. It pays to have a datalogger so you are not limited to watching the gauge down the track. Most gauges don't update fast enough to find smaller problems but if its recorded you can track things down much easier. It can also read OBD2 live data with a change of a cable and read DTC's(I think)". This has been my experience also. Playback on the computer in slo-mo helped me confirm a problem I suspected, and saved a bunch of trial & error tuning. Buy one.
© 2024 Moparts Forums