Moparts

03' Dodge Stratus Build video

Posted By: Forest

03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 06:41 AM

I know most of you have seen my latest racing videos, but I put together a build video from the start of the project to the end...

Forest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn_MXjykHDY&feature=plcp
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 06:55 AM

Very nice!!!!

Attached picture 7475459-IMG_5646.jpg
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 07:28 AM

Seen it on the Bullet, amazing racecar... You should be very proud...Matt
Posted By: Charger453

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 09:20 AM

That video really helps you see the amount of work involved and the quality of your build. Awesome job!
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 02:15 PM

Congratulations, very nice video and your car turned out beautiful. I only wish I had that kind of patience and talent to build a tube chassis car from start to finish.

Mike Gray
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 03:00 PM

I was just thinking about this Stratus build the other day, now I know it's done. Very nice Forest.

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 06:01 PM

Thanks Guys!
Posted By: racerx

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 06:15 PM

I like it
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 06:19 PM

Wow nice build, now I just have to learn to tig weld...
Posted By: Sb Valiant

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 06:34 PM

Just absolutely Amazing!!!
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 07:51 PM

That car is sweet, wish I had that kinda talent!
Posted By: cesar perez

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/25/12 07:51 PM

how much would this cost to build
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 12:45 AM

Quote:

A few gallons of blood, sweat, and tears... And a good chunk of cash.

Amazing work, you should be extremely proud of your creation.
Posted By: Darryls-Demon

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 02:02 AM

My hats off to you Sir, man I wish I was as talented as you.
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 02:03 AM

Excellent job. How much original sheet metal did you retain? How much did you stretch the wheelbase? I have alot of Hairy Glass panels for a 95 to 97 Avenger that I've been thinking about what you did. It would be a nice upgrade from the Arrow. Do you take on jobs outside of your own projects? Not sure I have that much ambition anymore, Jim.

Attached picture 7476561-ARROWatBILLINGS.jpg
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 03:30 AM

I know you've heard this over and over, but that car build is outstanding, and the fact that it was built in a garage by a hobbyist makes it even more impressive!!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 03:44 AM

Very nice build and great job on the video. Thanks for sharing your build with us. What wheelbase did you end up with?
Posted By: robnbird

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 03:53 AM

man thats nice

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 04:00 AM

Quote:

Well to be completely honest I have 35k in the car right now. Everything is new other than the motor and trans I recycled from my Dart. That is only parts no labor, but putting some value to the motor and trans in that 35k.

Bandit, Yes I have been doing side work since 03' that is how I have been able to afford to fund this car...and an understanding wife too. The wheel base was stretched 2" from stock, I didn't modify the front fenders though. All the factory sheetmetal was reused other than a glass hood. What I found out after I was commited to this body is with there being a 5 Star fiberglass body for Pro Stock nobody ever made fiberglass parts like doors, fenders or a trunk lid, so I was stuck lightening that stuff as much as possible. As you know there are parts for the older Avengers.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words!

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 04:02 AM

Quote:

Very nice build and great job on the video. Thanks for sharing your build with us. What wheelbase did you end up with?

To clarify my last post wheelbase ended up at 105"
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 04:10 AM

WAY cool and a beautifull ride. I would assume you would have plans for an engine swap down the road since it`s certed for the 6`s..............

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 04:18 AM

Quote:

WAY cool and a beautifull ride. I would assume you would have plans for an engine swap down the road since it`s certed for the 6`s..............

Yea for sure, I want to build a 572 for it. Plan to run the div. 6 races this year and see what happens from there.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 04:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

To clarify my last post wheelbase ended up at 105"

Thanks for the info. My mind keeps trying to talk my body into doing a rebody on my Daytona. Pretty sure it is only 97 or 98 inch wheelbase. My chassis is certified to 7.50 and is mild steel. It is a very hard car to bracket race or Top Sportsman because of visibility.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 04:33 AM

Did you do all the carbon fiber work like the tubs yourself?

Simply awesome!

I can't fathom putting together a chassis like that.

The fact that it ran straight as a string down the dragstrip was pretty amazing too!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 04:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yea for sure, I want to build a 572 for it. Plan to run the div. 6 races this year and see what happens from there.

You`ve definately got the platform for it...........

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/26/12 05:28 AM

Quote:

Did you do all the carbon fiber work like the tubs yourself?

Simply awesome!

I can't fathom putting together a chassis like that.

The fact that it ran straight as a string down the dragstrip was pretty amazing too!

Yes I did all the carbon fiber work too. What a scary day that was cutting the tubs off the template i had been working on!
I nicknamed my wife cranky because she runs the crank on the bead roller as I feed in the material; we have become a pretty good team when it comes to that!

Yea I was pretty stoked just to get past the first 6 licensing passes without any issues, but to turnaround and put 4 more 1/8 mile passes and 6 1/4 mile passes on it and not do anything besides adjust tire pressures was quite nice!
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/27/12 01:44 AM

What did it end up weighing with the smallblock in it? Where did you add the 2 inches in wheelbase? Again, awesome work, Jim.

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/27/12 02:04 AM

Quote:

What did it end up weighing with the smallblock in it? Where did you add the 2 inches in wheelbase? Again, awesome work, Jim.

The front tire is just moved forward 2" from the center of the opening in the fender...
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/27/12 06:30 AM

What class are you going to run in Div 6 look forward to seeing your car there. And what a nice car and great work you did on it.

Re: 03' Dodge Stratus Build video - 11/27/12 03:05 PM

Super Pro with the idea to try Super Gas in the years to come...
© 2024 Moparts Forums