Moparts

Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it?

Posted By: Mr. T

Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it? - 11/22/12 01:42 PM

Am considering doing this during the off season. Just wanting opinions from others that have done this.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it? - 11/22/12 01:49 PM

Easy to do tho I have taken solid cam put hydraulic lifter on it ran actually worked real well
I even put solids on hydraulic cam too, so Idono
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it? - 11/22/12 01:59 PM

Nope...never...after the first time I wondered why I'd waited so long!!! and I've never gone back...
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it? - 11/22/12 03:00 PM

Quote:

Nope...never...after the first time I wondered why I'd waited so long!!! and I've never gone back...

yes then when you go solid roller you wonder why you avoided that so long. Once you spring for one roller seems the price point is just normal from then on.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it? - 11/22/12 03:03 PM

If the ticking from the lash bothers you, just tighten it up
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it? - 11/22/12 07:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

yes then when you go solid roller you wonder why you avoided that so long. Once you spring for one roller seems the price point is just normal from then on.

Exactly....
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Ever go from a hydraulic cam to a solid & regret it? - 11/22/12 08:17 PM

I went solid on my last build, and love it! I generally do a lash and oil change once a year, as I only put about a thousand miles a year max on my car.

I just love the feel and sound of the solid stick. It just screams old-school muscle!
© 2024 Moparts Forums