Moparts

Prayers needed for track worker

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 04:33 AM

A track employee working the water box was ran over by a dragster. This sounds real bad and I am sure he could use any thoughts and Prayers that we can send his way. This is from Yellowbullet.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521707
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 07:11 AM

Prayers sent. Feel bad for the driver.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 07:15 AM

My wife and I send prayers.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 12:53 PM

Sorry to hear this...I hope he pulls thru..
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 02:03 PM

Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 02:44 PM

thats horrible, prayers sent.

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 03:48 PM

I don't read YB...Can anyone say what happened? Was it a safety issue at the track or something else...
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:09 PM

Quote:

I don't read YB...Can anyone say what happened? Was it a safety issue at the track or something else...

girl getting her license backed over him when they were lining her up. She was supposed to be in 1st and was in reverse.

sad day for both of them

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:10 PM

"The girl had already completed her burnout and was not lined up straight so someone in front of the dragster had her to back up. Johnny was behind her helping line her up. Somehow instead of going forward the car went back and hit Johnny at about waist high. His legs and groin were injured but what killed him was the hit he took off the pavement. EMTs say he never knew what happened and did not suffer. "

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:12 PM

from last night:

"Here is the latest update: Johnny is on life support. Last scan showed no brain activity. Another scan will be run at 7:00am to confirm. Family is meeting with doctors at 10:am for the results and then a decision will be made to remove the life support. As far as his injures go: both legs are broken but the main injury was from his head hitting the pavement. Sever trauma on the left side. As soon as the family meets with the doctors in the morning I will give you all an update."

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:20 PM

That is horrible! I feel sad for everyone involved..Definitly a track safety issue! Fellow mods...Just my opinion but this should be in the race forum. Shows how fast that things can and will go wrong.

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:23 PM

Quote:

That is horrible! I feel sad for everyone involved..Definitly a track safety issue! Fellow mods...Just my opinion but this should be in the race forum. Shows how fast that things can and will go wrong.

how about it. never turn your back on a race car
Posted By: mopar_man

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:36 PM

Unfortunately he has no brain activity and is on life support. The family is just waiting for the doctors to do another scan before they make that final decision . May he rest in peace.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:57 PM

Latest report said he didn't make it. Sad day.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 05:59 PM

Wow this is so sad to hear. In will be praying for the family. Ron
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 06:14 PM

So sorry to hear. Prayers for the family and all effected by the loss.

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 06:35 PM

Quote:

I thought so to Ted. Sorry I broke the rules.
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 07:50 PM

Posted By: FrankenScamp

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 10:48 PM

sucks.... for all involved
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 10:49 PM

Terrible event.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 11:18 PM

Sucks.

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 11:33 PM

Prayers go out for John, his Family, and the girl that was driving the dragster. He sounds like they type of person that was loved by many and will truly be missed.
Posted By: ph23vo

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/04/12 11:53 PM

he was doing what he loved... R.I.P
Posted By: Todd

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/05/12 12:04 AM

That's the kind of news you never like to hear. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/05/12 12:45 AM

Just got home from the farm. Thanks to whomever moved this back to the race forum. There is always someone who hits the notify mod button too quick! Was the driver too inexpierienced or what? Every time we stage a car,we must be aware of what is going on.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/05/12 01:40 AM

Very sad, my heart goes out to both families. RIP

Re: Prayers needed for track worker - 11/05/12 01:43 AM

Quote:

Just got home from the farm. Thanks to whomever moved this back to the race forum. There is always someone who hits the notify mod button too quick! Was the driver too inexpierienced or what? Every time we stage a car,we must be aware of what is going on.

lic passes
© 2024 Moparts Forums