Moparts

Turbo question.

Posted By: Grizzly

Turbo question. - 10/21/12 03:15 AM

What options do I have to get an oil supply for a turbo on an LA 318?

I seem to recall an adapter that went between the oil filter and block with tapped fittings, but not sure if it is available for small block Dodge.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I've googled it several times and come up with nothing...........

Thanks.
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Turbo question. - 10/21/12 03:17 AM

might try asking over here if you dont get any answers here.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/mopar-turbo-tech-forum/?PHPSESSID=lv47av6bia45st5lail38813t5
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: Turbo question. - 10/21/12 03:57 AM

I'd take it off the back of the block by the distributor, where the oil pressure sender is. NPT tee-fitting between the block and your gauge or pressure sensor and an 1/8th npt to -4an adapter fitting.

Re: Turbo question. - 10/21/12 04:33 AM

Sounds good to me, that's what I'll do.

Lastly, I guess the turbo I would be sourcing needs to have a carbon seal in it for a draw-through setup. I'd like to keep it all Mopar, is there anything Chrysler made that fits the description? Not real picky on size or anything, it's just going on an un-suspecting '84 318 in a $300.00 truck. Would be nice to have tons of off-idle bottom-end torque though.....
Posted By: Mad Dart

Re: Turbo question. - 10/21/12 06:09 AM

Quote:

I'd take it off the back of the block by the distributor, where the oil pressure sender is. NPT tee-fitting between the block and your gauge or pressure sensor and an 1/8th npt to -4an adapter fitting.

Here is a mock up picture of mine with twins.

Attached picture 7429393-IMG_2262.jpg
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: Turbo question. - 10/21/12 06:26 AM

Mine comes right off the back just like that too...except I used cheap brake line lol. Also if you mount the turbo high enough you can put a fitting in the fuel pump block-off plate and won't have to tap the pan (assuming your running an electric pump)

Re: Turbo question. - 10/21/12 05:06 PM

Thanks guys, that helps me out alot.
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: Turbo question. - 10/21/12 05:51 PM

Quote:

Mine comes right off the back just like that too...except I used cheap brake line lol. Also if you mount the turbo high enough you can put a fitting in the fuel pump block-off plate and won't have to tap the pan (assuming your running an electric pump)

Yep. You can add your own fitting or use something like this, there are a couple companies that make them. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-65398/
© 2024 Moparts Forums