Moparts

s/s springs without pinion snubber ?

Posted By: junkyardmaxie

s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 05:14 PM

i have used a truck dana housing in my car,with s/s springs ,no place to bolt the snubber.has anyone ever run one without a snubber ? what degree is the pinion angle set at ? thanks
Posted By: 340B5

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 05:23 PM

A lot of S/S racers will tell you to ditch the snubber. Just clamp the heck out of the front of the spring leaves and leave the factory ones on the back.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 05:27 PM

Quote:

i have used a truck dana housing in my car,with s/s springs ,no place to bolt the snubber.has anyone ever run one without a snubber ? what degree is the pinion angle set at ? thanks

A pinion snubber was a band-aid to cover up bad springs
so if your springs are good you wont need it... for
racing set the pinion 5-7... if its a street car that
might see the track go less... about 4*
Posted By: rickraw

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 05:29 PM

mine was 4-5 deg down.
Posted By: super451b

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 05:37 PM

Quote:

A lot of S/S racers will tell you to ditch the snubber. Just clamp the heck out of the front of the spring leaves and leave the factory ones on the back.

I ran 3400# SS springs with 5* of pinion angle.
Posted By: deaks

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 06:18 PM

I run a Dana, SS springs clamped on the front sections, no snubber, 6 degrees nose down.
Mick

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 07:01 PM

when you clamp the front part of spring, where do you locate the clamps in relation ship to the fornt spring eye let bolt ? thanks
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 08:12 PM

Quote:

when you clamp the front part of spring, where do you locate the clamps in relation ship to the fornt spring eye let bolt ? thanks

Clamp each leaf about 2"-3" behind the end of the leaf
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 08:13 PM

Quote:

I use to clamp every leaf I could at the front of that leaf to the main leaf I did end up staggering the rear clamps behind the rear end housing, I ended up leaving the drivers side rear clamp in the stock location and moved the pasenger side up so it was back about the second leaf from the bottom of the stack on the 002 and 003 SS springs, that made the car leave level on the front end foot braking instead of the drivers side being all twisted up Make sure your rear shackle angle is good, not pointed straight down or angle rearwards from the rear spring eye when sitting still in nuetral
Posted By: 383man

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 08:34 PM

I just use the 3400 lb SS springs also with no snubber. Ron

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 10:34 PM

thanks for the help
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: s/s springs without pinion snubber ? - 10/07/12 10:51 PM

Never ran a snubber when I ran SS springs......just clamped the front and 5 degrees.
© 2024 Moparts Forums