Moparts

Gen 3 hemi injection options. Anyone using gm ls PCM?

Posted By: haddixj

Gen 3 hemi injection options. Anyone using gm ls PCM? - 10/07/12 04:20 PM

I am looking for some better options other then aftermarket my initial plan was to go megasquirt and is still the first choice but before I put the hemi in my barracuda I am finishing my 67 Chevelle with a 5.3 and a small turbo and wanted to use megasquirt also but there is some sync problems with it. So I was thinking of going with hp tuners and factory PCM but I only want to learn to tune one system. So anyone heard of it being done?
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Gen 3 hemi injection options. Anyone using gm ls PCM? - 10/07/12 07:37 PM

I tht bout trying this myself as my local dyno shop tunes 98% LS and ford factory computers compared to aftermarket.

I called a few places bout making a custom wiring harness for my 6.1 hemi and got NOwhere and gave up and bought a FAST XFI

My dyno guy said I could get a LS chivy computer out of junkyard for 50 bucks.
Posted By: topbrent

Re: Gen 3 hemi injection options. Anyone using gm ls PCM? - 10/07/12 08:08 PM

Here is the Mopar Action article on converting a Gen III Hemi to use the GM LSx Computer.

Click on the attachment.

Attached File
Posted By: haddixj

Re: Gen 3 hemi injection options. Anyone using gm ls PCM? - 10/07/12 08:20 PM

Thanks for the help so far what software do they use to tune it with? Any idea on what the price is? I sent them an email for a quote.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Gen 3 hemi injection options. Anyone using gm ls PCM? - 10/07/12 08:53 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the help so far what software do they use to tune it with? Any idea on what the price is? I sent them an email for a quote.

It uses a factory computer and I believe the whole system with a base tune is 2600.00
My understanding is the you convert the hemi to LS sensors and tune it. It delete one spark plug.
Which one is better that's like asking which carb is best Holley or Barry Grant. It all depends on the tuner.
Which one is cheaper? The LS. Matt
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Gen 3 hemi injection options. Anyone using gm ls PCM? - 10/08/12 12:31 AM

See my ad in the race section..computer and wiring and most of the sensors f/s
© 2024 Moparts Forums