Moparts

modern cyl head *DELETED*

Posted By: dodgeram1998

modern cyl head *DELETED* - 10/04/12 11:47 PM

How to delete this topic all together? I was just wondering has anyone heard from him I knew he has some history of health problems that had came up ? Jeff contacted me and I was very satisfied.
Posted By: BPE

Re: modern cyl head - 10/05/12 12:17 AM

Jeff gets busy and doesn't respond to all emails or phone calls. This is not the first time I've seen somebody post this same issue. I know he has posted on here recently. It will be worth the wait.

Rod
Posted By: Defbob

Re: modern cyl head - 10/05/12 01:17 AM

We exchanged emails last week. He is well.
Posted By: DblOJoe

Re: modern cyl head - 10/05/12 03:14 AM

I talked to him last week also.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: modern cyl head - 10/05/12 03:36 AM

he's posted a bit here and there on the Air Wolf cylinder head post over the last few days. I've never done any business with him, but certainly wouldn't be afraid to. Try pm'ing him here too.

Jay

Re: modern cyl head - 10/05/12 04:23 AM

Thanks everyone, Jeff has contacted me. I am satisfied.

Re: modern cyl head *DELETED* - 10/11/12 05:01 AM

Post deleted by dodgeram1998
Posted By: racerx

Re: modern cyl head - 10/11/12 12:12 PM

Hope i can have a set of -1's did by them in the near future
Posted By: mopartoby

Re: modern cyl head - 10/11/12 01:29 PM

He's had my heads for two years!!!!!!!!! Enough said.
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: modern cyl head - 10/11/12 02:43 PM

Quote:

He's had my heads for two years!!!!!!!!! Enough said.

I know Jeff very well and I know that sometimes the sqeeky wheel gets the grease and some things get put back. Not saying that is right or wrong but two years I would like to hear the Paul Harvey on that story.!!!
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: modern cyl head - 10/11/12 05:45 PM

'the sqeeky wheel gets the grease and some things get put back'...

AKA $$$...

Re: modern cyl head - 10/11/12 07:04 PM

I donno but i've repeatedly asked for a bill and have never received one. Last email he said he set them aside and forgot about them. Im not knockin his work!! It just been 2 yrs. i also asked to finish them or send them back. And recently i asked him to just get them to muscle motors so mike can send them back to me with a motor hes finishing for me. That was a month ago. Mike hasnt received them yet either. Im not pissed off i just want my heads back. Finished or not. And i think its fair that people be warned!! Thats it! Again im not knockin his work! Hes one of the best there is!!
Posted By: supercomp

Re: modern cyl head - 10/11/12 10:03 PM

Quote:

I donno but i've repeatedly asked for a bill and have never received one. Last email he said he set them aside and forgot about them. Im not knockin his work!! It just been 2 yrs. i also asked to finish them or send them back. And recently i asked him to just get them to muscle motors so mike can send them back to me with a motor hes finishing for me. That was a month ago. Mike hasnt received them yet either. Im not pissed off i just want my heads back. Finished or not. And i think its fair that people be warned!! Thats it! Again im not knockin his work! Hes one of the best there is!!

Service is part of how good you are.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 12:49 AM

Quote:

I saw this thread when it was first posted and have been thinking about it all day.
I have NO issues with Jeff's work, it's as good as it gets. I had a somewhat similar experience though. Work was promised in 2-3 weeks. After almost 2 months without any communication from MCH I e-mailed him to enquire about my heads. I recieved an e-mail shortly stating they'd be done in a few days. Waited another month without any response from MCH. I finally fired off another e-mail and told him if I didn't hear from him within a couple days I'd be on his doorstep to pick up my heads done or not the following week.(800 miles one way too) He got back to me a couple days later and promised they'd be done middle of the next week. The next Thursday I e-mailed again and he responded saying they'd ship the next day which they were.
I recieved them and the work he did was flawless, and the price was more than fair. The problem was I'd sent them to him for a full port job and instead I got a bowl blend and only picked up 25cfm. I could have just as well have sent them to the local guy for what I got done.
I'm a very patient and understanding man. I understand Jeff is always swamped and I'm more than willing to wait my turn in line. But I know several members here that sent their heads to Jeff long after mine were already at his shop. They had their heads back right away while mine were collecting dust in a corner of his shop. If he didn't want the job in the first place I wish he'd said something up front and I'd contacted another shop.
I wish Jeff well and I hope his health improves, and hope he has a great life. If I need anymore headwork done though I'll be looking somewhere else. Dave
Posted By: 64Post

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 02:01 AM

It's been a few years since I had mine done, two sets of Eddys about 1 year apart. Both sets were on my doorstep before the work was even paid for. Maybe I was lucky.
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 02:26 AM

Quote:

It's been a few years since I had mine done, two sets of Eddys about 1 year apart. Both sets were on my doorstep before the work was even paid for. Maybe I was lucky.

He did the same to my 572-13 heads. Cnc ported them and they arrived before I even paid for them.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 04:18 AM

I can't imagine he's caught up yet from all the stuff that piled up when he got sick though...
Posted By: tboomer

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 01:19 PM

I can't speak for Jeff. I had Radar Lechtenberg at R&J Performance do my Victors. They have been there since the middle of January and I am supposed to pick them up today. That is a pretty long wait. He is pretty much a one man shop and it is first come first serve. Plus they had a lot of carnage on the fuel car this year. I am sure I will be happy with the results!

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 03:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He did the same to my 572-13 heads. Cnc ported them and they arrived before I even paid for them.

Now correct me if i'm wrong but does Jeff hand ports these heads or he has an cnc program?That probably explain why there's guys that has had there heads in his shop for months.

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 03:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now correct me if i'm wrong but does Jeff hand ports these heads or he has an cnc program?That probably explain why there's guys that has had there heads in his shop for months.

Hand porting is only needed on the first set. Once the ports are digitized the program is on file and it's mostly a matter of letting the machine do its thing.

I'm pretty sure Jeff also does brand X heads and if he has to hand port every example of every new head that comes out I can see where he gets held up. Just think of all the new SBC heads out there that have to be digitized.

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 03:51 PM

I'll like to get a set done in the near future hopefully thing will be sorted out then ...........

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 04:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That may be, when I first contacted him I told him EXACTLY what set of heads I had and what I wanted done. He said the typical turnaround was 2-3 weeks. If he's said he couldn't get at them right away that would have been fine with me, I'd have gone shopping for a shop that could get them done in a timely fashion. Dave
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 05:39 PM

I shipped off a set of B1 Orig to Jeff back in October of last year... He was to CNC port them along with some other modifications..

When 5 months rolled around and I hadnt heard from him, I started making several unanswered phone calls and emails.. it got so bad that I was looking for available flights to Michigan.. then I finally caught him on the phone.. told him of my time crunch as I was getting a motor ready for the racing season and got the heads back within a couple weeks later..

The price for the work was EXTREMELY reasonable, the quality of the work was top notch and the heads flowed more than anyone expected..
Posted By: poisondart2

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 05:59 PM

WOW I was reading this as I have for years and the only thing that comes to mind is sheep. One gets so caught up in thinking that this guy is the only person that can do heads or can do them the best.I have not or will ever send a head Mopar or any other brand I have to him as I have read his posts over the years.When he was sick how many posts were there to support him? and yet he is to busy to get back with you.Two years and Mopartoby is still nice to him bigger man than I.He did have the time to post on the Airwolf post and from what I read I quess he saw competion in the head buisness for a lower price so of course those heads are worthless. I dont ever recall Quickd100 posting anything bad about anyone.T-boomer said one man shop,well if one has to much work tell the customer so or better yet hire someone for help. ba-ba

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 08:39 PM

Quote:

WOW I was reading this as I have for years and the only thing that comes to mind is sheep. One gets so caught up in thinking that this guy is the only person that can do heads or can do them the best.I have not or will ever send a head Mopar or any other brand I have to him as I have read his posts over the years.When he was sick how many posts were there to support him? and yet he is to busy to get back with you.Two years and Mopartoby is still nice to him bigger man than I.He did have the time to post on the Airwolf post and from what I read I quess he saw competion in the head buisness for a lower price so of course those heads are worthless. I dont ever recall Quickd100 posting anything bad about anyone.T-boomer said one man shop,well if one has to much work tell the customer so or better yet hire someone for help. ba-ba

When you can provide the quality, performance, value and trophies that his work provides then I'll use you.

Sure, other guys can hand port heads, sometimes with matching or better results, but those guys are few and far between. Their numbers are happy or the heads crack. Jeff's work is consistent and his numbers aren't inflated.

Are hand porters going to flow every port to ensure consistency? If so, how much extra time is that going to cost?

While Jeff's machine is running he's assembling heads, doing valves, etc. When a hand porter is porting heads he can't do other work. This efficiency shows up in Jeff's pricing, which I find to be very reasonable for the performance gain. A sole proprietor that is on the phone or computer all day isn't working on your heads.

Signed,

A Sheep
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: modern cyl head - 10/12/12 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes cnc ported.

Attached picture 7418298-6469539-100_1946[1].jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: modern cyl head - 10/13/12 04:49 AM

Quote:

If people like your work they`re willing to wait as long as possible but I can understand class/bracket racers gettin upset when it takes longer than planned. Sounds like he can use a hand and I`d love the opportunity to work along side someone like Jeff especially when I hear the quality is there and that`s what`s most important even if I have to wait a bit longer. How can I reach him? Worse he can say is no........ Left a message..............you never know.........
Posted By: AndyF

Re: modern cyl head - 10/13/12 05:34 AM

One option in the past was to buy complete heads from Mancini Racing that had been ported by MCH. Mancini used to send heads over to MCH for porting and then sell them as complete ready to run assemblies. Not sure if they still do that or not, but it might be worth a call to Mancini.

I have a couple sets of MCH heads on various engines. My EZ heads were done by MCH with a little touch up by Dwayne. Those heads are good for well over 800 hp on my 514 dyno mule. That is about as good as it gets with the EZ head. I also have a set of Mopar 452 heads which came from Mancini Racing with the full MCH port work. Those are really nice heads.

Re: modern cyl head - 10/13/12 05:57 AM

Quote:

Im pretty sure we ain't sheep. Last i checked all mopar lovers march to the beat of their own drum! As for being nice i could show you some of the emails i've sent . I'd fly down there and get them myself but your homeland security says im not allowed in your country.

Re: modern cyl head - 10/13/12 12:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes cnc ported.

Nice #'s
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: modern cyl head - 10/14/12 02:33 PM

I wonder why he doesn't answer the phone… Because he's too busy working! And I bet everytime that phone rings it adds a little stress to his day! I have a friend that does chassis work that is a Da-Vinci with moly tubing, but stops welding and answers the phone with a very negative attitude because his precious time is wasted. Usually loses the job with his bad attitude! I joked with him that he needs a big breasted girl to answer the phone, deal with the customers and tell him which order to finish the work, first in-first out, LOL!!!

If your done waiting for Jeff, pick your heads up and take them to another top of the line porter and wait a couple years there. Now your at the end of another very long line…

There's a good Australian head porter here in Jersey that I had heads reported there for a different project. Two years... and yes I would call him sporadically, but with all the work on his plate there is just not enough hours in a day. And yeah in the end, big numbers and worth the wait

And do you want a novice learning on your heads to help him for a faster turn-around ? One error and the head went from killer to junk. Jeff has to do almost everything by himself.

The bottom line is that Jeff is one smart and gifted mo-fo, and worth the wait

Re: modern cyl head - 10/14/12 04:35 PM

Quote:

I wonder why he doesn't answer the phone… Because he's too busy working! And I bet everytime that phone rings it adds a little stress to his day! I have a friend that does chassis work that is a Da-Vinci with moly tubing, but stops welding and answers the phone with a very negative attitude because his precious time is wasted. Usually loses the job with his bad attitude! I joked with him that he needs a big breasted girl to answer the phone, deal with the customers and tell him which order to finish the work, first in-first out, LOL!!!

If your done waiting for Jeff, pick your heads up and take them to another top of the line porter and wait a couple years there. Now your at the end of another very long line…

There's a good Australian head porter here in Jersey that I had heads reported there for a different project. Two years... and yes I would call him sporadically, but with all the work on his plate there is just not enough hours in a day. And yeah in the end, big numbers and worth the wait

And do you want a novice learning on your heads to help him for a faster turn-around ? One error and the head went from killer to junk. Jeff has to do almost everything by himself.

The bottom line is that Jeff is one smart and gifted mo-fo, and worth the wait

This is why I took a chance and called him to see if he needed help not cos I`m a bad ass head porter but to learn more and help all of you guys out. Guess some look at it like begging for work..........I already have a job and want a career doing heads. Been my goal for years and did that at Pettis and some when I worked for George Koppal. One man shops don`t work in my opinion and that`s obviously why this post was started..........This post SHOULD read; Damn, those heads the Jeff and Dominic did sure were awesome and in a timely fashion to boot............

Re: modern cyl head - 10/15/12 05:30 PM

So.....who wood one recommend for -1's porting other than modern

Re: modern cyl head - 10/15/12 05:35 PM

Quote:

Pettis............760-244-4415................

Re: modern cyl head - 10/15/12 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pettis............760-244-4415................

Thump is there a web-site for pettis?

Re: modern cyl head - 10/15/12 05:42 PM

Good question........

Re: modern cyl head - 10/15/12 05:44 PM

Quote:

Good question........

Is this it http://pettisperformance.com/

Re: modern cyl head - 10/15/12 05:46 PM

Give it a shot...........personally I`d call and talk to Jason...........
Posted By: moderncylinder

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 12:12 AM

this must be a bash jeff fest.... well let me say i havent had a great last 2 years with health issues,, it looks up from here out,, but i did get behind... will i sacrifice some quality or level of care or treatment to get somebodies heads done,,, no,, they will have to wait a week or two or whatever,, does that mean mr stage 6 guy should wait two years no,, im sorry for that...ill get that worked out,, now with mike from muscle motors,, he is a friend and i talk to him often...

mr thumperdart,, you live in california,, how coul dyou work for me in michigan? youll move here for an entry level job?

the guy with the hemi heads who said he wanted them fully ported,, you told me how much power you wanted to make,, i gave you a head that would support that,, i felt bad for you that you paid somebody to do work to them that didnt matter and would have to pay me to do it all over again,, but then you should have bought them from somebody who knows something,, or anything about cylinder heads

sheep,,, thats a joke.....

with my health issues its just me at my shop,, im going to resolve that first of the year or around,, its hard to keep an employee or two while not being here or having no energy,, or other physical limiting things going on.... plus i have to raise my prices since i cannot hire somebody who can work as fast as i can,, and my work is set of hourly prices with me working on it,,,, if i do something that takes 2 hrs,, and i get 125 for it,, i hire a guy,, he takes 5 hrs to do it,, i have to get 200 to even try to make any money paying him 20 or whatever,, its hard for me to charge a guy like that...

anything else?

jeff
Posted By: MattW

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 12:27 AM

The first part I will chaulk up as [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] happens.
Paying an employee, well I would take minimum wage to learn what you have lodge between your ears. Matt
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 12:29 AM

Quote:

this must be a bash jeff fest.... well let me say i havent had a great last 2 years with health issues,, it looks up from here out,, but i did get behind... will i sacrifice some quality or level of care or treatment to get somebodies heads done,,, no,, they will have to wait a week or two or whatever,, does that mean mr stage 6 guy should wait two years no,, im sorry for that...ill get that worked out,, now with mike from muscle motors,, he is a friend and i talk to him often...

mr thumperdart,, you live in california,, how coul dyou work for me in michigan? youll move here for an entry level job?

the guy with the hemi heads who said he wanted them fully ported,, you told me how much power you wanted to make,, i gave you a head that would support that,, i felt bad for you that you paid somebody to do work to them that didnt matter and would have to pay me to do it all over again,, but then you should have bought them from somebody who knows something,, or anything about cylinder heads

with my health issues its just me at my shop,, im going to resolve that first of the year or around,, its hard to keep an employee or two while not being here or having no energy,, or other physical limiting things going on.... plus i have to raise my prices since i cannot hire somebody who can work as fast as i can,, and my work is set of hourly prices with me working on it,,,, if i do something that takes 2 hrs,, and i get 125 for it,, i hire a guy,, he takes 5 hrs to do it,, i have to get 200 to even try to make any money paying him 20 or whatever,, its hard for me to charge a guy like that...

anything else?

jeff

Jeff.....glad you straightened this out......I know when I'm ready your the only one I'll trust with my heads.....I fully understand your position. I too had health issues thatxthreatened my life.....it takes time to bounce back.....and quality has no time limit......
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 01:13 AM

Quote:

quality has no time limit......

EXACTLY!

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 02:01 AM

Quote:

anything else?

jeff

Yes sir I would definately consider it and consider it an honor to learn as much as I could in addition to what I know now to become an asset to everyone who wants the best...........I will call you tomorrow or since you`re busy you can call me when time permits at 760-900-3895...........peace!
Posted By: ro23car

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 02:25 AM

Quote:

anything else?

jeff

did you get my shirt?

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 02:54 AM

OK, First off I 'd seen flow numbers Jeff had made with a set of Canfields, 437 on the intake. I had bought a set of 426 SR's that turned out to be the first ones that Indy CnC'd. They were a disappointment as they made about 10-20hp more than my stock unported iron heads. I e-mailed Jeff and asked him to flow them first to see what kind of numbers they were generating. I then asked him to see what he could get out of them, I also mentioned the numbers I'd seen quoted from a set he ported. (437 on the intake on a set of Canfields if my memory is correct.) I also asked what the average turnaround time was and he said 2-3 weeks. I sent them to Jeff as I knew he was as good a head guy as you're liable to find anywhere. If I'd wanted 25 cfm I'd have sent them down the street. If it had cost $5000 I'd have paid it without a complaint.
I could say alot more but will leave it at that. And as I said earlier, I wish Jeff improved health, and a great life. Dave
Posted By: moderncylinder

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 03:42 AM

You could say a lot more???? Please do

If I remember you said you wanted 800 hp or something,, I thought I could give you the head to do that without redoing everything bob sold you,, you got your heads,, 6 months or so later you got it going and dynod it and it made what you wanted,, did you have somebody report them? You wanted to pay a grand for that extra 10 hp,, I didn't think your combo/ cam/ manifold/ would recognize or use "437" cfm
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 04:03 AM

I have a lot of respect for Jeff,as well as some other people posting on here,but I wonder why this post is still going on?
Not long ago there was a post about RyanJ and as soon as people called him out,the post was deleted.
Just curious why some posts like this get deleted and others are allowed to continue ?
Just curious if I missed something,Jeff seems to be getting bashed pretty good.
Keith
Posted By: moparniac

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 05:14 AM

I have used jeff in past with a set of CNC EZ MW heads. I will be a returning customer
Posted By: ro23car

Re: modern cyl head - 10/16/12 02:10 PM

i belive and will allways believe jeff is the best in the biz.
Posted By: Bishop

MCH - 10/16/12 02:18 PM

I had a set of Stage V Hemi heads done by Jeff and am/was very pleased I will use him again.

Brian
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: MCH - 10/16/12 03:56 PM

I've bought three sets of heads from Jeff and all three sets were done quick and were exactly as good as he said they'd be.. plus, like mentioned, they showed up before I even paid for them...It is a bummer that he's obviously had some issues getting heads back to others in a reasonable amount of time...
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: MCH - 10/16/12 06:05 PM

Quote:

I had a set of Stage V Hemi heads done by Jeff and am/was very pleased I will use him again.

Brian

I have a set of Stage V heads that Jeff did his CNC work on, and I am very pleased with those. Also had him repair another set of MP Hemi heads.
He is "The Man" as far as I am concerned. I will definitely use him again.

Mark
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: modern cyl head *DELETED* - 10/17/12 12:23 AM

All I can say is that the few times I've spoke with Jeff on the phone,he answered my questions and made great suggestions.When I need a set of heads done,they will go to MCH.
© 2024 Moparts Forums