Moparts

Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen

Posted By: Plumb Wired

Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 03:57 PM

From Yellowbullet: http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510680

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510669

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510669

Red '03 Dodge Dually, White 40ft. gooseneck trailer, Dodge Dakota PST w/ Predator head engine, red golf cart. Stolen from their hotel after the No Mercy race at South Georgia in Valdosta, Ga.

Mike Gray
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 04:35 PM

Damn that sucks. I hate freaking thieves!! Hope they find it.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 05:04 PM

I agree. Thieves suck. Had my share of stuff stolen in the last few years. Hope they find it.

Randy
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 05:30 PM

If everyone keeps an eye out it shouldnt be hard to catch the crooks selling this sh#t, just how many preditor motors like this is there around?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 07:52 PM

Yeah not a lot of PS Dakotas out there for sale. Ask me how I know...
Posted By: MuscleMike

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 08:04 PM

The truck is a Don Ness chassis. It runs 4.70's and is naturally aspirated. Lets hope something pops up for David and his son.
Posted By: D-50

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 10:47 PM

That is really bad! I was at the race and I saw that truck make a pass. That is a very sharp Dakota!

Attached picture 7402719-CIMG0081.JPG
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/01/12 11:12 PM

Hopefully they get caught. I HATE theives. Low life scum...

That said, every time I read something like this I HOPE the owner had insurance. It seems race car (off track), trailer and parts insurance is pretty cheap.

I hope all of you, no matter your investment ($5,000 or $500,000) have agreed value coverage.
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/02/12 06:28 AM

I have kept my eye on the YB threads all day, no luck on finding anything yet. Please everyone keep your eyes open for this truck & trailer. There hasn't been a good pic of them posted. It's a red '03 3500 2WD and a new 40ft. triple axle gooseneck trailer with no lettering. Here is a pic of the Dakota race truck.

Thanks,
Mike Gray

Attached picture 7403480-DavidSolomonDakotaPST.jpg
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/02/12 04:20 PM

Sorry for your loss & I'll keep an eye out on the west coast craigslists. I've got some Mopar parts listed on a few sites, so will look for the dually. Any distinguishing things that will help us identify it? Mileage?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/02/12 04:39 PM

This is why you should have GPS anti theft locating devices in the trucks, trailers and cars. I can't understand why people with these level of investments don't cover themselves from all angles. The thieves are out there and we all know it so protect yourselves.
Posted By: birdboy

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/03/12 12:08 AM

i will keep an eye open on the interstate and on craigs list in central fla.
Posted By: steeldust

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/03/12 12:52 AM

David is a good friend and he would help any one at any track so PLEASE IF YOU SEE ANY THING OR KNOW ANY THING GO YELLOW BILLET OR PM ME THANKS
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 04:04 AM

I'm always looking for Predator stuff, so if I come across anything funny, I'll pass it on.
Posted By: DakFink

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 05:27 AM

Is it just me or is someone getting something BIG stolen at almost every BIG event at SGMP?

I'd be looking local.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 01:33 PM

Quote:

Is it just me or is someone getting something BIG stolen at almost every BIG event at SGMP?

I'd be looking local.

I was thinking the same thing. Bet it is within a 1-1 1/2 hour driving window from that track.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 02:39 PM

probably in a warehouse fairly close. There was a complete rig stolen in Vegas from a racers home and by the grace of god some guy saw just the back door of the trailer as they had pulled it inside and called the authorities (had there race team logo on the back rather large). Hope they find it.....
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 04:00 PM

Not that it will help this guy, but when traveling (especially at a hotel) I ALWAYS separate the truck from the trailer, install the tounge lock device, and block the trailer with the truck. With my last trailer I even bought a wheel boot lock for about $150.00 I bet almost every rig stolen was all hooked up and ready to go.

I hope this beautiful truck gets recovered.......
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 04:14 PM

Quote:

Not that it will help this guy, but when traveling (especially at a hotel) I ALWAYS separate the truck from the trailer, install the tounge lock device, and block the trailer with the truck. With my last trailer I even bought a wheel boot lock for about $150.00 I bet almost every rig stolen was all hooked up and ready to go.

I hope this beautiful truck gets recovered.......

I leave mine hooked up but I have a switch that completely kills the computer in the truck. It will crank but never fire....they've tried twice to get my rig but gave up when the truck wouldnt start right away....both times the ran the batteries down to dead.The switch is 49.00 for powerstroke diesel trucks...cheap insurance.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 04:43 PM

Dually found in Atlanta. Trailer and race truck still missing.

Dennis
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/04/12 05:14 PM

A close Family friends Enclosed trailer with their dragster inside got stolen yesterday morning.

They got really lucky it was all recovered literally minutes later.

Gotta be careful out there, hopefully they find this guys stuff!
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: Mopar Racer's Truck & Trailer Stolen - 10/08/12 04:28 AM

© 2024 Moparts Forums