Moparts

THIS IS FUN,FUN,FUN......................

Posted By: Thumperdart

THIS IS FUN,FUN,FUN...................... - 09/20/12 10:19 PM

I dug into my wiring yesturday afternoon and was in the garage till 3:20 am and have been at it for a few hours this morning and it`s going great so far. Thinking about re-vamping my stock fuse box or can I just buy a fused bar and put my pos, keyed on and so forth where I want em? I`ve already removed loads of dead wires and wired up my dash cluster and am sending one pos. and one neg. wire out to the fuse box instead of tying up several posts. I`m also isolating all of my other gauges to a bus bar which I split in half for grounds and pos. wires instead of tying up the ford realy pos. post..........back to work and thankxxx for all of the tips.
Posted By: tex013

Re: THIS IS FUN,FUN,FUN...................... - 09/20/12 10:51 PM

as long as you are getting a minor headache all is going OK

Tex
Posted By: Todd

Re: THIS IS FUN,FUN,FUN...................... - 09/21/12 12:59 AM

Sounds like your off to a pretty good start. Make sure you make a schematic as you go. Years from now you'll thank yourself.

Re: THIS IS FUN,FUN,FUN...................... - 09/21/12 02:55 AM

Thankxx............So far all of my accessories(fuel pump,water pump and elec fan) are re-wired and good to go but now comes the fun part of tying into the fuse box wires. Again can I use the few wires I need, ditch the fuse box and get a fused strip to do the same thing?
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: THIS IS FUN,FUN,FUN...................... - 09/21/12 05:48 AM

If I had three or four circuits I would think strongly about in line fuses

Re: THIS IS FUN,FUN,FUN...................... - 09/21/12 09:21 AM

I ended u re-using the existing stock fuse box for now but may change it out if I don`t like it. The factory connectons for the steering wheel and dash were shot so I bypassed em and tied the wires to a junction block which looks way better and should work better due to some burned up wires I found in the factory connections. Just have a few more wires to go then we`ll see what happens..........
© 2024 Moparts Forums