Moparts

TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440???

Posted By: Labratt

TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 02:37 PM

Heading over to Trend Performance in Warren this morning..to order up some new pushrods for my 440 build. Any suggestions on what would suit me best? I've had trouble with breaking the cups in half on my last set..of course,from another LOCAL manufacturer. I DO NOT want to worry about this problem in the future! I believe,with Edelbrock RPM's,3/8" O.D. is the max I can go. What wall thickness should I be looking for?...080? Thanks in advance! BTW...You guys that have used the Trend rods in the past..how do you like them? Jeff @ Modern,and my friend,Randy Johnson(Dartin) swear by them..for quality,and customer service! Randy B.

Attached picture 7382665-DSC01774(Small).JPG
Posted By: Old School

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 03:00 PM

i use series 3 pushrods from manton, in all of my motors, they are 3/8" x .120" wall thickness. never any problems and i use alot of spring pressure. mine are all street cars.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 03:01 PM

I'd ask Trend all the questions you posted here,but the picture you have...is the cup end a little blue??If so, I'd look at oiling at the cup not being enough.

I would think .080 and 3/8th's would be plenty.

Posted By: Old School

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 03:03 PM

i use series 3 pushrods from manton, in all of my motors, they are .120" wall thickness. never any problems and i use alot of spring pressure. mine are all street cars.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 03:09 PM

A few things need to be asked Randy.... open spring
pressure would be #1....#2 is what size is the ball
on the lifter end(alot are 5/16" so make sure on that..
the cup in the pic sure looks DEEP so its possible
that the ball on the adjuster was binding on the side
wall causing it to break

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 03:29 PM

Thanks guys! Mike..I'm going to take one of the Crane rockers..and one of the old push rods with me to Trend,so they can match up the new pushrods to my existing rockers. The Isky 8005's are 145# on the seat..and 350# open,per Jeff @ Modern. After mocking up the valvetrain,with the heads milled .060...the existing pushrod length looks perfect..approx. 1-2 threads showing under the ball adjuster. I believe I had too much thread showing before the heads were cut...about 3 threads showing. Maybe that contributed to the rod tip not getting enough oil!...not sure,though! I will be taking a few pics of how the adjustments look,after setting the lash,over to Trend...and see what they say. Thanks again for the comments!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 03:32 PM

Take a lifter

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 03:36 PM

Okee-dokee! Thanks for the reminder,buddy!
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 05:26 PM

We run Trends on all of our engines. Even our NASCAR engines. We have never had any problems with their pushrods. They are also the manufacturer for Comp, Crane, CV & many others.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 06:28 PM

Quote:

Heading over to Trend Performance in Warren this morning..to order up some new pushrods for my 440 build. Any suggestions on what would suit me best? I've had trouble with breaking the cups in half on my last set..of course,from another LOCAL manufacturer. I DO NOT want to worry about this problem in the future! I believe,with Edelbrock RPM's,3/8" O.D. is the max I can go. What wall thickness should I be looking for?...080? Thanks in advance! BTW...You guys that have used the Trend rods in the past..how do you like them? Jeff @ Modern,and my friend,Randy Johnson(Dartin) swear by them..for quality,and customer service! Randy B.

thats what jeff put in mine.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/17/12 06:44 PM

Thats what I run in mine !

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/18/12 01:45 AM

Thanks for the input,guys! Ventured into my old neighborhood today(Groesbeck and Schoenher)where Trend Performance has their manufacturing facilities. Darren fixed me up with a set of 16..plus 2 spares of 3/8" .080 wall thickness chromemoly pushrods. Very good customer service! He said they'd be ready Wednesday morning! Pretty quick! Hope all my cup breaking problems are behind me!

Attached picture 7383660-PUSHRODMEASUREMENTSFORNEWTRENDS009.jpg

Re: TREND PUSH RODS FOR MY 440??? - 09/19/12 02:15 AM

WOW!!!...got a call late this afternoon..my pushrods are done already! NOW THAT IS FAST SERVICE!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums