Moparts

Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster

Posted By: JCRVETTE

Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 01:34 AM

I had started a build thread on here and on another website awhile back. I found the work to post pics and descriptions on both sites was overwhelming, so I ended up discontinuing it here. I thought those that were watching it and didn't see it elsewhere may like to see a few finished pics and hear how it is progressing. The car belongs to Tommy Crowder in N Florida and is powered by a Best Machine built 588ci predator with two stages of nitrous.
Here are a few pics

Due to the slow economy Tommy has only made a few passes in the car to date. Tuned by James Wrench of Wrench Racing in S Florida,it went 191mph on one kit in the middle of summer, leaving soft as the converter and gear are to tight for the reduced power without the second kit on. Tommy got his Advanced ET license and plans on running the div 2 races next year after some additional testing and tuning and turning the second kit on. Thank you to the members here that complimented on the build on "that other site".
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 01:39 AM

That thing is a work of art!
Keith
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 01:49 AM

Beautiful car.....Best of luck in TS next year!!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 02:01 AM

beautiful indeed....got a link to the build thread?
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 02:07 AM

Paul, that thing is a work of art. Your attention to details is amazing. I always drool over the build pics you post on YB. Wish I had 1/10th of your fabrication talent.

Jeff
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 03:40 AM

That car is my inspiration, I love it! I have 596 Predator for mine.

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 04:37 AM

Simply stunning ride for sure..........
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 11:09 AM

Nice ride!!

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/15/12 12:35 PM

Thank you very much for the compliments and well wishes everyone. I will relay them to Tommy.Thats his "baby" for sure.
Outlawd, here is the link to the build thread on Yellow Bullet: http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210685 I hope it is ok with the mods to post that.
Most people know already, but for those who don't, that (YB) is a rough site. If you start searching around and see a thread that doesn't look right, its probably best not to click on it to see what it is. There are some sicko's mixed in with the decent people that go there.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/17/12 04:24 AM

WOW

just went through the entire thread...your attention to detail is downright amazing...all the forethought in all the brackets, and clever ways of mounting everything.

All the pics of the details are definitely appreciated. I am undertaking a tube car project soon (hopefully) and you have inspired some ideas
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/17/12 05:30 PM

I always call these cars Dumpsters. This car is by no means a Dumpster. This car is absolutely stunning. Awesome job & cool color. Sure wish I had that power plant.

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/18/12 01:15 AM

Quote:

WOW

just went through the entire thread...your attention to detail is downright amazing...all the forethought in all the brackets, and clever ways of mounting everything.

All the pics of the details are definitely appreciated. I am undertaking a tube car project soon (hopefully) and you have inspired some ideas

I am always blown away when I hear someone would sit there and spend that kind of time to look at something we have built. Probably takes a good 4hrs to go though it. Thanks again for the compliments, it makes the long hrs and hard work easier when we share a build and find people enjoy seeing our work. I have to give most of the credit to the owner, he was the one who approached us about doing a build like this and was willing to sacrifice to see it come to pass.

Re: Update on the JCR Chassisworks Top Sportsman Duster - 09/18/12 01:25 AM

Quote:

I always call these cars Dumpsters. This car is by no means a Dumpster. This car is absolutely stunning. Awesome job & cool color. Sure wish I had that power plant.

It belonged in the dumpster before we started on it if you saw the before pics in the build thread.
When I started on it it was just another job. I have never really paid much attention to the Dusters. The owner gave us a very loose slate when it came to all the trick/extra stuff. I was allowed to do alot of it the way I would want it if it were mine and by the time we were done with it, it was hard to let Tommy take it home. Kinda like your kid getting their own place. Hard to see them drive out. This is def one of my favorite builds so far for sure.
© 2024 Moparts Forums